Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
BehePerformance

Drives: Camaro
2013 OLOA / Gratuitous track videos!

Hey everyone,
My apologies that I didn't get to start a thread during the event, but I was too busy driving, swapping clutches, and having everything go wrong, buuuut... here's some cool videos we shot during the 2013 OLOA.

We didn't do as well as we'd have liked, but The KaleidoLINKS' KL Racing 2011 Camaro SS finished the event and we still podiumed in class. Our biggest competitor was the Detroit Speed Camaro, so it was hard feeling bad that a non-profit with an entire budget of half of their motor budget alone finished right behind them. Plus they were really cool guys, and it was nice being on track with them. Lol, one more day and we might have gotten around them since their trans was destroyed by the end though. We finished much higher overall than last year too. It helps that we didn't miss any events this time.

We had a lot of bad luck, we spent the event figuring out just how much gas we needed to run in the car so that the motor wouldn't die. Coasting from turn 5 to 8 at NOLA MP because the fuel wouldn't feed was not fun. Nor was it fun in the afternoon when the brand new, amazing, expensive clutch started slipping. We stayed up all night pulling the clutch out and putting an OEM one back in after finally locating a dealership that had one.

By the way, HUGE!!!! Thanks to Best Chevrolet in Kenner, LA Brad and Robert really helped us out. Even better was GM (KaleidoLINKS is sponsored by GM) who made the whole repair free for us.

Left New Orleans at 1am, arrived at Daytona International speedway with 15 minutes to spare before I had to be on track. Just barely had time to bleed the clutch and brakes before going out. Unfortunately the OEM clutch still had all of the problems that made us get rid of the OEM clutch and it fought us the rest of the week, but at least it didn't slip.

I think the best part of the event was running in the wet at Beaver Run, and running with the front runners and AWD GTRs... lol, there's no substitute for driving skill and being a rain driver when it's wet! It's almost unbelievable we finished 9th overall on the wet skidpad too... that's usually reserved for 1,500lb cars.

So, all in all, 3rd in class wasn't that bad of a finish.

Anyway, I'll get on to what you guys really want to see, the videos. Just really quickly need to thank a few people. Feel free to ask any questions about the event, car, etc...

HUGE thanks to:
General motors, Brock Yates Jr., JRZ Suspension Engineering, Carbotech Brakes, and The Porsche Club of America.

And Thanks and Congratulations to all of the kids in KaleidoLINKS who built the car and got to watch it compete!

Enjoy:

BehePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote