Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #71
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Bottom pic
Attached Images

Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #72
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quick question, I lease my cars and usually only put 45-50k miles on them. I have always used a catch can (mechanics in the family swear by them), but always the cheaper ones you can find at most auto parts stores. How much benefit is there to using one of the more expensive ones? Sorry if it's a stupid question, newer to the forms and the Camaro world. I just wouldn't want to hurt my new car trying to help it.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #73
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
That appears to be GM addressing this. The early LFX's we have seen the LLT style, so this is a first. It was needed on all LLT's so I suspect that is what your hearing. Nothing wrong w/your Elite can....I would say that's normal.

I wonder where GM got that idea....Hmmmm......
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #74
whaler

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
Installed elite catch can yesterday on LFX. I followed the recommended procedures check all fitting afterwards drove car several hundred miles checked and small amount of oil was present in bottom of can. After warm up I now notice a audiable hissing sound sounds like vacuum leak.

Rechecked connections ( yes i used teflon tape) and I can not find any leak. Is this normal air turbulence sound for the soft rubber line now in place of my cut oem hard smaller I.D pcv hose?

To eliminate this will I need to buy oem pcv hose/line and put as much of that inline as possible or is there another solution.

If so what's part number? thanks
Same here, even same color car. Same results, quite a bit of hissing from can, but I can't hear it in the car with the hood down, so no big deal.
There is no possible way for a leak, things are quite tight. I am guessing this hiss is normal? There should be a FAQ on this so it is of no surprise.

On the good side, my MPG (along with a Roto-FAB cai install) went from 21.X to a peak of 26 MPG today. Go figure that. Only thing is that traffic is a bit lighter in the mornings.

I am quite happy with the product, JDP Motorsports had the best price on it.
Attached Images

USA #1
PS 103
whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #75
Chevyman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler View Post
Same here, even same color car. Same results, quite a bit of hissing from can, but I can't hear it in the car with the hood down, so no big deal.
There is no possible way for a leak, things are quite tight. I am guessing this hiss is normal? There should be a FAQ on this so it is of no surprise.

On the good side, my MPG (along with a Roto-FAB cai install) went from 21.X to a peak of 26 MPG today. Go figure that. Only thing is that traffic is a bit lighter in the mornings.

I am quite happy with the product, JDP Motorsports had the best price on it.
No leak and hissing is normal after installation of elite catch can with the 2013 model lfx. Gm changed the rear PCV BARB IT HAS LARGER I.D. allowing more flow thus this hissing sound. I can say unequivocally because I removed and compared to 2012 pcv barb.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #76
whaler

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
No leak and hissing is normal after installation of elite catch can with the 2013 model lfx. Gm changed the rear PCV BARB IT HAS LARGER I.D. allowing more flow thus this hissing sound. I can say unequivocally because I removed and compared to 2012 pcv barb.
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease. Even my son asked what all that hiss was about and could I get rid of it (he wanted to hear the CAI only).

So you mean that part that connects to the valve cover and receives the hose --and folks have been drilling out with bigger holes--is now bigger by design in the 2013? If so, that makes all the sense.

USA #1
PS 103
whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #77
Chevyman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler View Post
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease. Even my son asked what all that hiss was about and could I get rid of it (he wanted to hear the CAI only).

So you mean that part that connects to the valve cover and receives the hose --and folks have been drilling out with bigger holes--is now bigger by design in the 2013? If so, that makes all the sense.
Yep no reason to drill out the oem in 13 lfx have larger rear barb. I can contest to that. I posted pic earlier in thread of 13 removed.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #78
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
On the hiss do remember that the OEM PCV hose lives entirely under the insulated engine cover. When you install the catch can you take a good length of highly flexible hose (2 feet or so) outside the insulated cover.

The OEM PCV hose also has more insulation in some sections than the hose used for the CC.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #79
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Has anyone made a full on install video for this? It would help clear so much up
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Are there different models to choose from?
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #81
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Has anyone made a full on install video for this? It would help clear so much up
Sorry, no full-on install video but I have a lot of pictures in my installation thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271660. Feel free to ask any questions.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #82
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So on the 2013 y ou have to live with the hissing?? Was just about to order when I read this.. I don't want to deal with the hissing.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #83
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
http://youtu.be/Y5Cq1M48axE
Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #84
Chevyman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
So on the 2013 y ou have to live with the hissing?? Was just about to order when I read this.. I don't want to deal with the hissing.
Hissing is not heard unless you have hood up and listening for it. No matter which can you use hissing is going to be there. Cannot go wrong with elite.