Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
silvrcamro010

Drives: 07Solsticegxp, girlfriends car
Ordering issues in New York, long island

Hi Folks,

I recently ordered a LT2 camaro as of a week and a half ago. I was told I could get it before the summer. I would like to first say I know waiting is involved.

Being that it is a v6 I was told that there maybe a chance I can get the car sooner than later as dealerships are allotted a couple of v6's with v8's. Now I am reading that all v6's are for showrooms floors, etc.

I didn't even receive an order number but they ran my credit at the dealer. I thought it was weird but I did it cause i thought it would hold a spot for me. Also they need to run it again when they order the car. Is this normal?

I go in today just to find out I now have a 8 - 9 month wait ahead of me.

I live in NY, long island to be exact. Is this true? It seems like everyone in the forum get open and shut orders with numbers so they can track them. Is their a better dealership in long island I should be going too? If you know of one please let me know.

All I want is the truth and a car in a reasonable time frame. If it takes 8 - 9 months that is fine, but not for me as I need a car eventually soon. I mean my chic doesn't mine me driving her car but its for her, you know. I definitely
wouldn't want to do that for 8 - 9 months.

Am I being just held in a buffer until they figure it all out? There are great deals to be had and i haven't canceled yet but without some kind of concrete estimate like an order number or honest response canceling is looking like a real decision.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
silvrcamro010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
out of area dealers

I would call a few in upstate ny that still have allotments and see what they say.
Paddock Chevy
Basil Chevy
West Herr Chevy
It might be worth the trip when it comes in.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Where did you order from?

I am on LI and ordered my car from Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport. I believe their allocations have been spoken for but they are worth a shot, they will definitely give you you an order number and treat you right and honest. Go in there and ask for Ralph Montanino and tell him Tom Lomino sent you.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
silvrcamro010

Thanx inferno. But I really would hate to go out of the area as I don't want to put to many miles on my girlfriends car. I would prefer local if possible. I know things can be done by phone but sometimes it is better to see eye to eye with a dealership sale rep.

I really appreciate your quick response though.

Hi Rogue,

I went to Robert Chevrolet and that is what I got so far.
I will go down to check them out and say you sent me in.

Are you getting a commission? lol. If it helps you out I'm all for it, if they are straight forward i will gladly give them my business.

Thanx for the pearls of wisdom.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrcamro010 View Post
Hi Rogue,

Are you getting a commission? lol. If it helps you out I'm all for it, if they are straight forward i will gladly give them my business.

I haven't ever really dealt with Robert Chevy before.

I wish I got a commission, I just have a good relationship with Ralph, hes a good guy and very helpful and seems to be as excited about the car as me! They are definitely good guys there.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Thanx inferno. But I really would hate to go out of the area as I don't want to put to many miles on my girlfriends car. I would prefer local if possible. I know things can be done by phone but sometimes it is better to see eye to eye with a dealership sale rep.

I really appreciate your quick response though.

Hi Rogue,

I also ordered from Robert Chevrolet...I ordered mine at the end of January, and I'm hoping to get mine in June or July.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
silvrcamro010

Update

I just came back from Conte and they seem very reliable. I didn't know about the $1000 non-refundable deposit though. I was expecting to put down money but I didnt expect it to be non-refundable... Kind took me back a bit cause Robert Chev does refund.

I just think if they cannot guarantee a time for delivery how can they not refund deposits?

Not to doubt the advice that was given. I am thankful for it. Rogue did you also plunk down a $1k non refundable deposit without a due date for delivery? Are they running two credit checks on you as well? One for pre-order and another for delivery?

Thanx again

Last edited by silvrcamro010; 02-15-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Update

I just came back from Conte and they seem very reliable. I didn't know about the $1000 non-refundable deposit though. I was expecting to put down money but I didnt expect it to be non-refundable... Kind took me back a bit cause Robert Chev does refund.

I just think if they cannot guarantee a time for delivery how can they not refund deposits?

Not to doubt the advice that was given. I am thankful for it. Rogue did you also plunk down a $1k non refundable deposit without a due date for delivery? Are they running two credit checks on you as well? One for pre-order and another for delivery?

Thanx again
I did put down $1000, I don't recall it being non-refundable (and I just checked my invoice, it doesn't say anything like that, but it doesn't say opposite either). They did not credit check me yet. I also put my deposit down June of last year.

As for the due date, you are not going to get one, take a look around this forum there really is no way to know for sure, and an honest dealer will not give you a date they cannot guarantee.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
silvrcamro010

Hi Ant,

Did Robert Chevrolet credit check you during the order process?
Do you have to be credit checked again once the orders moves?

Thanx
Old 02-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
ketelove

Drives: 2008 Dodge Charger
Hi guys, I too put down 1000 but with arnold Chevrolet and the salesman told me it non-refundable also but hed did mention a nov\dec delivery date.
KEITH
Old 02-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
silvrcamro010

Ketelove,

Are you doing a LT2 or a SS?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Hey Guys,
I went to Bast in wantagh. Fully refundable deposit. But I think their allocations are up. But you never know if the get a cancellation. Ordered 10/16 and #8 of 12. Hope I get before summer ends.
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Hi Ant,

Did Robert Chevrolet credit check you during the order process?
Do you have to be credit checked again once the orders moves?

Thanx
We have had some threads on financing might want to search them up.

Best to show up with pre approval from your bank or credit union. Otherwise the only way they will want to pull your credit report & FICO is when you ask them for GMAC finance or other finance option.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #14
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
The dealer will likely run a credit check to see if you are approved. If you can't get approvwed, there's no reason to hold a place for you and hold someone else's order up. If you tell the dealer you will gt your own financing, then they will assume it's a cash deal, special order and the depsit would be non refundable (unless otherwise in writing).

I know Bast Chevrolet in Seaford is probably not taking any more pre-orders until GM stars producing cars and they will know how to handle the 14 they already have. I think they have 3 V6 orders and the rest are SS V8's.

Bast gave order numbers to every customer and GM Order Workbench sheets as well. If you ordered from them and didn't get a sheet, just call and ask for Al, the sales manager and he can print it out or email it to you.