Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Tom@ARH

Drives: 2003 Corvette ZO6
ARH dyno results and installed pictures

Tom@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
very nice and clean fit as usual guys!! second to none
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
hmmm, i have to wonder, since you retained the CAT's would the car be emissions legal, say, in Ontario?? lol
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Very nice.. I want to hear it!
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Looks very nice, waiting on my set and my car. Do they fit in from the bottom? Without loosening motor mounts or other accessoties? Looks like just the plug wires.

I'd like to hear it also. Were those gains with stock mufflers or intake?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!

Beautiful install...I cannot wait!!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
dankss
Contract Killer

Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
daaaaaaank
Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
hmmm, i have to wonder, since you retained the CAT's would the car be emissions legal, say, in Ontario?? lol
I have no idea what ontario's emissions laws are sorry maybe ask some locals what they do it should be the same with the Vette guys and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Looks very nice, waiting on my set and my car. Do they fit in from the bottom? Without loosening motor mounts or other accessoties? Looks like just the plug wires.

I'd like to hear it also. Were those gains with stock mufflers or intake?
I stole this from Nick in the other thread-

Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.

We have another car coming this week I think we'll try and video then. Those results are stock mufflers and stock intake
Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post
I have no idea what ontario's emissions laws are sorry maybe ask some locals what they do it should be the same with the Vette guys and such

Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.

We have another car coming this week I think we'll try and video then. Those results are stock mufflers and stock intake
X L NT!!! Thank you

Oh Ya!!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post

Tom, with the next car, Can you do one video from total stock car and then another with your header BUT stock muffler? I want to hear, how the stock muffler and the hearder combined sound. Perhaps it's worth keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 98 Camaro Race Car 3.96 @ 202 MPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Tom, with the next car, Can you do one video from total stock car and then another with your header BUT stock muffler? I want to hear, how the stock muffler and the hearder combined sound. Perhaps it's worth keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks!
Here are the headers through stock mufflers. Although we did install a good size cam shaft, you get the idea

2019 ZR1 LT5*9.00*@ 157
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55*@ 184*MPH
Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160**
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
FIRST 2010 CAMARO in the 9's-2010
713-466-9900
Latemodelracecraft.com
Late Model Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
this is not a full exhaust right? just headers and stock everything else?
69 Camaro 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
Tom@ARH

this is our system with the stock mufflers still in place i believe. But it does have a large cam in there and it sounds gooooood
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks!

I'll see what I can do no promises though