Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #43
JimLE#1301

Drives: '02 SS LE Vert & '02 B4C
Thumbs up

Welcome and greta first post
JimLE#1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
LAX is a loooooooooong flight from Europe... my guess is that those didn't come from Europe, contrary to what the article says... I'm betting them came from Oz.
This does tend to make more sense. I thought that both were down in Oz testing on the roads....as we saw in pictures snapped by our friends over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
I think the rear looks great! I consider myself somewhat of an expert in that area.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #45
cesmieu

Drives: honda civic
Well I confired today with one of the workers from the warehouse that the cargolux flight did make a stop in auckland yesterday

CV7317 AUCKLAND - LOS ANGELES B74Y
cesmieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #46
cesmieu

Drives: honda civic
I have also confirmed that many of the workers took many pictures of the car with good cams.. also when the cars were loaded into the freighter truck many people also took pics of the cars..hopefully someone will post them up soon.
cesmieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
cesmieu,

Any idea where the trucks were headed?

Welcom to the site, Awsome post.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #48
ferrignolou

Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
'Oz' is Australia. Also known as 'The Land Down Under'.
!so thank u so much!

@ georgianne: lou, I think the rear looks great! I consider myself somewhat of an expert in that area.

can't wait to see more pictures!
ferrignolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #49
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
I agree that this camo'd camaro being a new car to us. It is white with black triangles as apposed to the white on black. Also this car has a white door handle where the others have been black.
also, 6th picture down, try and see past the blur, is that a singular headlamp? Looks larger than the ones we have been allowed to see in the other proto's..
Nice wheels on the camo'd car. The back haunches look pretty beefy, and look closely, that looks like a concept type spoiler under that wrap on pic 3.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #50
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
WOW!

Only one thing comes to mind, they are bound for a freight to Detroit for final modifications for an early appearance........................................ ..............

ok, I may be stretching it but it is good to finally see it on US soil.

Last edited by daddyseth1; 01-29-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: typo
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesmieu View Post
Well I confired today with one of the workers from the warehouse that the cargolux flight did make a stop in auckland yesterday

CV7317 AUCKLAND - LOS ANGELES B74Y
Aukland, thats New Zealand right? So this would confirm that it came from Australia, unless there was some kinda crazy flightpath that took the longest possible rout from Europe to L.A.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #52
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap!!!!!!! Take a damn picture of the gas cap for crying out loud!! Ok point made... If anyone else sees one of these guys you now know what to do!!!!!!!!
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #53
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
I ditto what everyone else said basically.

I just wanted to point out that Australia is actually a longer flight than Europe from LAX. To France its between 8 and 9 hours, Australia is a good 13 or 14 hours.
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #54
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
Gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap gas cap!!!!!!! Take a damn picture of the gas cap for crying out loud!! Ok point made... If anyone else sees one of these guys you now know what to do!!!!!!!!
It almost seems like a conspiracy to keep us from knowing the location of the gas cap... So many "unauthorized" pictures of the Camaro have been taken, yet they all conveniently omit the gas cap.

Ok, I know you only have a limited time to take pictures, and I know they only pic so many of them to post up on various websites. With a cell phone, it can be a slow and tedious process to get decent pictures.

However, these people who are taking the pictures are obviously looking at the car with their eyes as well, right? I mean, they're not walking around with their eyes closed and just looking at the pictures later. They see a lot more than we do.

Yes, it would be nice to have a picture of the gas cap that we could all debate whether or not it would change before the production model, but I for one would settle for someone who has seen the prototypes in person to just tell us where the gas cap was.

Camero has told us many times that it's on the passenger's side, and he's offered pictures of what the design looks like on other cars, but, though I do believe he is who he says he is, I won't be convinced until someone I know has seen it first hand tells me where it is and what it looks like.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #55
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I don't mean to be mocking anyone or sound condescending, but what's the fascination with the production gas cap? It's well known to be a nondescript, white circle on the passenger side rear quarter. What the hell is the deal with seeing it? Go look at any car parked outside with a passenger side filler...

EDIT: I'm really not judging, just frustrated that I don't understand the mentality.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #56
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
One of the things people loved about the concept was the aluminum gas cap on the top of the driver's side haunch and, although its unlikely that it will still be there in the production version, people are anxious to see where it's wound up. There has been no official word from GM regarding its location nor have any pictures shown it, so people are curious/hopeful.