Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
Enough Already

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1-M6
Garage Flooring - Racedeck

Attached is my listing in South Florida. Interested? Thoughts?

Mike

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bfs/5761931973.html
Enough Already is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #2
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I have the same flooring (different pattern tile) in my garage.

One BIG tip from me... Do NOT shine your tires on your vehicle, on these tiles... slick as ice afterwards and takes forever to get the grip back.

Great tile though! Easy installation and durable!

Good luck with sale though!
Attached Images

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
Enough Already

Yep - good tip. I have the Tuffshield extra-gloss version. Looks awesome. A little slippery at first but traction improves with use. Definitely wouldn't put anything slick on it though - good tip on tire shine - I always do mine outdoors.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Hmmmm

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Someone should snatch this up. I've had a racedeck floor in my garage for 6 years and I love it. It's starting to show some age, but I work on the floor. Brakes, exhaust, oil changes, whatever. It is so nice to be on the floor on tiles, versus concrete. There is no comparison.

This is a good deal, but shipping will be costly. Those boxes are heavy.

Good luck with the sale. I'm certain they won't be for sale long.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Do these get glued down or do they just sit on the floor?
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayno20 View Post
Do these get glued down or do they just sit on the floor?
They snap into each other. I put a nice cushiony underlayment on the floor first and then snapped the tiles together with a rubber hammer.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:40 PM   #8
Enough Already

Yep - super simple, rubber mallet to pop edge snaps in. They recommend a layer of landscape fabric just laid down underneath to keep the potential plastic-on-cement noise down. Super-simple install, edge pieces easily trimmed cut with a chop saw. Basically an industrial floating floor.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
mikepconline

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I love it, no issues.

"I have one speed, I have one gear: Go!"
mikepconline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #10
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Another good tip...

Trim the edge that meets the ledge of the garage entry by 1.5" to 2" back. If you leave it flush, or hanging off a tad bit, you'll drive up on it pushing them forward and making them buckle. If you keep rolling forward they will eventually pop apart from all the pressure.

This picture is the tiles buckling from heat. Imagine the slab to the garage is raised slightly. If the tiles were flush with the ledge, as soon as your tires first come into contact with them they will buckle in front of your tires and continue as you roll forward. Eventually the buckled tiles will not have any space to expand and will pop apart. Good thing these tiles are very durable. When I experienced this, I just popped them back into place and trimmed them back at the entrance. Problem solved.

Last edited by flipstyledsm22; 09-07-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #11
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Love mine
Attached Images

Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #12
Enough Already

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Another good tip...

Trim the edge that meets the ledge of the garage entry by 1.5" to 2" back. If you leave it flush, or hanging off a tad bit, you'll drive up on it pushing them forward and making them buckle. If you keep rolling forward they will eventually pop apart from all the pressure.

This picture is the tiles buckling from heat. Imagine the slab to the garage is raised slightly. If the tiles were flush with the ledge, as soon as your tires first come into contact with them they will buckle in front of your tires and continue as you roll forward. Eventually the buckled tiles will not have any space to expand and will pop apart. Good thing these tiles are very durable. When I experienced this, I just popped them back into place and trimmed them back at the entrance. Problem solved.

There is actually a pretty elegant solution to the buckling issue. I had it as well. Problem is the floor needs to float if possible to expand/contract. Cars or refrigerators pin it down and the front edge buckles up in extreme temps, like in FL and TX. Solution is two-fold: install some of the vented tiles on the leading edge - they are much more internally flexible and do not buckle. Additionally, for the front edge pieces, trim off 1/32 on the male clip side (removing the clip) and then you have a tiny gap between each that allows for expansion. Per John - their super-awesome field rep (who came to my FL house twice from Utah!), this issue is only in super high-heat areas with the garage door open and the sun cooking it. Overnight and once things cool, the floor will flatten out. I suggest the fix above- and have had zero issue since.