Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #15
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
The Camaro was a distant 2nd but still outsold the recently refreshed Challenger.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
iroc_but5.0sdont
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 camaro, iroc, 5.7, 350
Well lets just give them their due and proper, the Mustangs are selling like madd. Reality tells me that this has nothing to do with the release of the 2016 Camaro. For one reason nobody even knows a new one is coming out and second from what I see so far the new Camaro looks a lot like the current Camaro.
iroc_but5.0sdont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #17
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
The Mustang is refreshed and is getting generally good reviews. Give it its due.

But, one thing not mentioned, has GM started ramping down Camaro inventory in preparation for the new model? In other words, are there less Camaros to be sold and thus less sales of Camaros?
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #18
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
The Mustang is refreshed and is getting generally good reviews. Give it its due.

But, one thing not mentioned, has GM started ramping down Camaro inventory in preparation for the new model? In other words, are there less Camaros to be sold and thus less sales of Camaros?
not from what I'm seeing in the Metro Portland area. If you really want one they are easy to find, just no one wants one
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #19
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
My local dealer has 2 new z/28's that they can't seem to sell. I think anybody who wanted a z,and could afford one, already got one.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #20
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Do you really think that's the reason? The Camaro is basically 5 years old now without any major changes. Everyone who loves it already owns one (except for one guy in Sweden...lol)... It also seems like GM doesn't promote it very much, nor do the dealers offer many discounts.

I actually think that you could ask 1000 people and 999 of them would have no idea that there is a new Camaro coming out in 2016.

Hopefully, once the new model comes out.. we will see some advertising from GM. It's almost like they are embarrassed by the 2015 model. They never mention it.

But I am probably wrong. Just interested in hearing your thoughts..
Yea, it's crazy how ppl don't know anything about the 6th Gen Camaro all because GM is concerned about the mustang and challenger having something for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
The Camaro was a distant 2nd but still outsold the recently refreshed Challenger.

That's crazy ! I thought everyone loved the charger interior in the challenger over the retro interior in the Camaro.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #21
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
not from what I'm seeing in the Metro Portland area. If you really want one they are easy to find, just no one wants one
lmao... You always make me laugh. no one wants a Camaro? Uhhhhhhhh but Chevy sold almost 7,000 of them this past month . Yea, ok! 7,000 ppl still wanted one or did Casper the friendly ghost buy all of them?
Old 05-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #22
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Observations...

Since the return of the Camaro, there have been no consecutive months of 10k+ sales of Camaros, but the Mustang has put 2 of those strings together, so far. Back in 2012, and just the past 2 months... which looks like it might be even more than 2 months in a row if May sales keep up the pace.

Also during this same time period, the Camaro has never dropped below 4k sales/mo., where as the Mustang has had over 6 months that fell below 4k sales/mo.

Lastly... way to go Challenger! You keep the same body and the sales continue to climb. I think that's such a important point that so many people miss in life because they keep striving for the next best thing. Some things in life are timeless, classics, and need no so-called improvement.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #23
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Personally, I do believe that at least part of the Camaro dropping sales is that people are considering the next model. I say that based on all the info I see, not just an idea. The same thing happened to the Mustang and just like with that, Challenger sales got really close for a short time. Meanwhile, the Hellcat is truly drawing major interest for Dodge. Good on 'em, but it won't last unless they drop prices plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I can't imagine how big the gap might have been at this point had Ford built a proper Mustang instead of a Fusion coupe!
Somehow, I doubt Ford thinks you know what they know. They're not like US HERE... They want to sell their vehicles and because of that, they simply must offer broad appeal. To that end, Ford simply nailed it w/ the new Mustang.

Congratulations to them for a BIG TIME SALES HIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
13k sales says it all.
Indeed. At the current rate, all the sales gap since 2009 will disappear in just 2 more months. That's a wicked thought, really... to have a lead and a major bragging point for 5 full years only to see it eviscerated in 7 short months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I don't understand the hand wringing over sales figures. Unless you work for an auto manufacturer or a dealer, how does this affect your life?
Sales numbers SCREAM for any automaker. They're either screaming, "Be like me!" or "C'mon man!" Either way, manufacturers make their money that way.

In turn, die hard fans love bragging rights and... great sales also helps drive down cost of ownership, so it does have a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
Sorry, but that sort of oxymoron just cracked me up! (edit) I read too much into that w/ my laughter.

As to whether or not production/supply is the issue, that's not at all likely. Keep in mind, they produce based on recent demand and if they have a 90 day supply, they're just now seeing the lower demand at the plant.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #24
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Observations...

Since the return of the Camaro, there have been no consecutive months of 10k+ sales of Camaros, but the Mustang has put 2 of those strings together, so far. Back in 2012, and just the past 2 months... which looks like it might be even more than 2 months in a row if May sales keep up the pace.

Also during this same time period, the Camaro has never dropped below 4k sales/mo., where as the Mustang has had over 6 months that fell below 4k sales/mo.

Lastly... way to go Challenger! You keep the same body and the sales continue to climb. I think that's such a important point that so many people miss in life because they keep striving for the next best thing. Some things in life are timeless, classics, and need no so-called improvement.
Agree a 100%! The mustang should sell alot more just because it's the so called America's favorite muscle car and it was out before any other . But it's just now beating the 5th Gen even after it kept changing exterior and hp still couldn't beat the Camaro in yearly sales. Congrats finally Ford you're beating 5th Gens finally for a year when the new Gen is being shown. But the sell numbers is impressive.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #25
RobWH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
lmao... You always make me laugh. no one wants a Camaro? Uhhhhhhhh but Chevy sold almost 7,000 of them this past month . Yea, ok! 7,000 ppl still wanted one or did Casper the friendly ghost buy all of them?
When roughly 1,450,000 vehicles were sold, 7,000 (maybe around .5% of sales) seems kinda small in comparison. His point is valid, though he could've worded it better. He could've said, just almost nobody wants them right now.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #26
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=RobWH;8397357]Personally, I do believe that at least part of the Camaro dropping sales is that people are considering the next model. I say that based on all the info I see, not just an idea. The same thing happened to the Mustang and just like with that, Challenger sales got really close for a short time. Meanwhile, the Hellcat is truly drawing major interest for Dodge. Good on 'em, but it won't last unless they drop prices plenty.

Somehow, I doubt Ford thinks you know what they know. They're not like US HERE... They want to sell their vehicles and because of that, they simply must offer broad appeal. To that end, Ford simply nailed it w/ the new Mustang.

Congratulations to them for a BIG TIME SALES HIT!

Indeed. At the current rate, all the sales gap since 2009 will disappear in just 2 more months. That's a wicked thought, really... to have a lead and a major bragging point for 5 full years only to see it eviscerated in 7 short months.

Yea , but the Camaro sales were more impressive back than than these mustang sales because the economy was at it's worse . Now the economy car sales has been the best since 2002 .
Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #27
RobWH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
Yea , but the Camaro sales were more impressive back than than these mustang sales because the economy was at it's worse . Now the economy car sales has been the best since 2002 .
As they say in big boy land... tell it to the bank.

These companies don't have time to care about what looks good due to the previous economy. They simply must succeed now, regardless the economy. That's the whole "problem" with capitalism. Beyond what you've saved, it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. The only thing that matters is today in the sales world. The capitalism question is: Are you offering a product which is purchased by enough people to warrant its continue existence. That, not 2009, matters, in 2015.

I'm not trying to be brash here. That's just business 101.

Besides, anyone could argue that the reason for better sales now is a better vehicle offered... and the economy was better right though 2007 than it is today.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
When roughly 1,450,000 vehicles were sold, 7,000 (maybe around .5% of sales) seems kinda small in comparison. His point is valid, though he could've worded it better. He could've said, just almost nobody wants them right now.
Dang, 7,000 is nobody? Lol... Don't think so . Just more ppl wanted the mustang.