Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #29
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty45 View Post
I would like to know what specific items are there for us M6 owners, also. I think some of us (M6)can actually get some great times if we could get a 60ft under 1.9s...
We Love our cars! Please help us with a "drag pack" Tune!!
If we could get out of the hole, we could win more races!
Agreed!
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #30
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Really GM? You couldn’t squeeze out that extra .001?
I’m sure it was for NHRA compliance or something so this thing will probably actually do 9’s. It’s like hp ratings of the late 60’s early 70’s
Im sure it will do well against the demon , Gm is smart . They speak softly but carry a big stick . Running 10.000 is very very hard ! And Ive been racing for 30 years. Talk about running the number . Im sure they did that for compliance .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That's awesome. Would love to see this car offered from the factory.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 AM   #32
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
I'm keeping my 17 SS 1LE legal on the warranty side for all the track days I'm doing. If they want to give me / us an okay to put long tubes, I'll be glad to buy the ARH's they list!
ARH is good stuff but they need a long system compatible NPP catback. The stock NPP with the ARH long system does not sound as good as stock, but plenty loud. I use full time stealth.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #33
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Keep your warranty when you install the long tubes that move, at least, the front cats out of the stock location and change to, at best, aftermarket cats? That will be an interesting thing.

I'm keeping my 17 SS 1LE legal on the warranty side for all the track days I'm doing. If they want to give me / us an okay to put long tubes, I'll be glad to buy the ARH's they list!
For the ZL1 guys, maybe they'll add the new TVS2650 blower and PFI / DI fuel system, ECM, etc. from the LT5 into the mix!

Any new news on the availability of the GM Mods parts? Maybe someone at the CamaroFest can ask the GM people about it. The keeping your warrantee intact is a HUGE thing...
Heartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:46 AM   #34
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
Any new news on the availability of the GM Mods parts? Maybe someone at the CamaroFest can ask the GM people about it. The keeping your warrantee intact is a HUGE thing...
No warranty included for any thing other than the CAI which gives 1-2 HP @ best. I think Chevy is just showing the modders what the Camaro can do.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #35
exhogman@hotmail.com

Drives: 2002 Camaro 2010 Corvette
2022 Z1 Order

I am planning to order a new ZL1. I am undecided on the 1LE package, I like the aggressive look but I am not planning to put the car on the track and I am concerned it my be too stiff. Any thoughts?
exhogman@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:35 PM   #36
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhogman@hotmail.com View Post
I am planning to order a new ZL1. I am undecided on the 1LE package, I like the aggressive look but I am not planning to put the car on the track and I am concerned it my be too stiff. Any thoughts?
I've been down the same thought path for my 2022 ZL1. After riding in 3 ZLE's from previous model years on the street including a 2019 on an SCCA course as a passenger, I have ordered a 2022 ZL1 with the 1LE package. I probably will not track the car either but love the package including the wider fenders and tires. I would ideally like to have the ZL1 1LE with mag ride, a smaller rear CF spoiler and no hood wrap, however the package is what it is. On my Vibrant Orange Metallic Camaro [(VOM I guess) and no not VOMit you orange haters] I plan to remove the hood wrap, purchase a second set of wheels to paint ZL1 (non-1LE) color and add a little aftermarket CF to the exterior with component exchanges. I think it would be sacreligious to exchange the ZLE rear spoiler so that will stay. If you want the baddest Camaro ever built, the ZLE is the one to own. I have a '12 ZL1 and I think the whole harsh ride discussion of the 6th gen ZLE's is overblown and talked about too much.
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:27 PM   #37
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
I've been down the same thought path for my 2022 ZL1. After riding in 3 ZLE's from previous model years on the street including a 2019 on an SCCA course as a passenger, I have ordered a 2022 ZL1 with the 1LE package. I probably will not track the car either but love the package including the wider fenders and tires. I would ideally like to have the ZL1 1LE with mag ride, a smaller rear CF spoiler and no hood wrap, however the package is what it is. On my Vibrant Orange Metallic Camaro [(VOM I guess) and no not VOMit you orange haters] I plan to remove the hood wrap, purchase a second set of wheels to paint ZL1 (non-1LE) color and add a little aftermarket CF to the exterior with component exchanges. I think it would be sacreligious to exchange the ZLE rear spoiler so that will stay. If you want the baddest Camaro ever built, the ZLE is the one to own. I have a '12 ZL1 and I think the whole harsh ride discussion of the 6th gen ZLE's is overblown and talked about too much.
Fantastic decision on a car to purchase…. No Orange hater here!

I couldn’t come to terms with the look of the aero or the rear spoiler in the ZLE for myself, so I got to save some cash on my purchase. Having said that, you absolutely do have the baddest Camaro ever built incoming. Congratulations to that!

Send pics!
Old 07-19-2021, 09:55 PM   #38
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhogman@hotmail.com View Post
Honestly, I know this isn't what you asked, but I think the SS makes the most comfortable street car. I've owned both an SS and a ZL1 and there are a lot of subtle differences in favor of the SS. Climbing in and out of the SS, for example, is much easier without the high-bolstered seats and the side skirts. Of course, the ZL1 has more power which is a big selling point, but realistically, both cars are somewhat limited by the tire at street speeds. If you're getting a manual, the SS manual is way easier to drive because first gear is too high in the ZL1.

Between the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE, you're guaranteed to love the ZL1. You might also love the ZL1 1LE, but there's at least a chance the stiff suspension of the 1LE will fade the smile from your face. I've driven both and I also have a ZL1 that I converted over to the FEA suspension from the 1LE. After swapping the suspension, I never renewed the registration for it. It's track-only now because it just isn't fun for me on the street. (Maybe, I'm just getting old.)

Ultimately, it's subjective and you'll get lots of different opinions. The only opinion that matters is yours though, so my recommendation is to ask around and try to go for a ride in each to make your own judgment.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote