Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Challenger forums un-impressed

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...all-seen-9868/

I can't believe their primary gripe is how "un-retro" the Camaro looks and the interior. Apparently a pony car only looks good if it doesn't have any new life to it.

Challenger fans griping about the interior of the Camaro. That's funny.

At least they are relatively aware that the SS will stomp a hole in the SRT8...but the laughable part is they are convincing themselves that performance doesn't matter.

Last edited by MerF; 01-07-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Edited link to point to page 1 of thread.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
less expensive performance at that.

And, yes, I'm following you......
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i just looked at a challenger the other day...

the only exterior imagination they used was trying to figure out how to not make it completely out of plate steel. the interior used no imagination at all... "hmm. we have a bunch of magnum/charger interiors left. let's use that!"
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Eh, I'm not concerned with what some of the Challenger faithful may say.

What more needs to be said after;

1. The rave reviews the Concept received when it first appeared as well as the same reviews for the close-to-concept production model.

2. Styling that embraces the Camaro's past, while taking cues from the C6, Raptor, as well as the '69, to offer unique styling so much so that Ford has restyled their Mustang in order to get away from the too-retro look and compete with the modern looks of the 5th Gen. Camaro.

3. While I like the Challenger and hope for its success, look at its size in comparison to the Camaro. And with that size difference, the rear seating is very limited! Also, how can you be excited over an interior lifted almost exactly as it appears in the Chrysler 300?

The Challenger folks are just very loyal to their Challenger as we are to our Camaro. I respect their loyalty, but question comments from a few.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
And, yes, I'm following you......
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
LOL
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
:bangdesk::slice::middlefinger:Those ladies better be prepared for the Camaro to hit the streets and whoop them And thay are saying the Camaro's interior looks cheap? ROFLMAO
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Honestly, I think the chally interior looks way more classy than that of the Camaro

The performance and price point of the Camaro are really something though.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
who the hell they to talk about performance. the colbalt ss would tear the srt-8 a new whole on the track.

but the look of the car is personal preference. if they dont like my rear end so be it. over time they will get use to it.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Fast1

Drives: 2010 Summit White SS
People like what they like. For the most part, I don't care what people say or think concerning my taste.
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Eh, I'm not concerned with what some of the Challenger faithful may say.

What more needs to be said after;

1. The rave reviews the Concept received when it first appeared as well as the same reviews for the close-to-concept production model.

2. Styling that embraces the Camaro's past, while taking cues from the C6, Raptor, as well as the '69, to offer unique styling so much so that Ford has restyled their Mustang in order to get away from the too-retro look and compete with the modern looks of the 5th Gen. Camaro.

3. While I like the Challenger and hope for its success, look at its size in comparison to the Camaro. And with that size difference, the rear seating is very limited! Also, how can you be excited over an interior lifted almost exactly as it appears in the Chrysler 300?

The Challenger folks are just very loyal to their Challenger as we are to our Camaro. I respect their loyalty, but question comments from a few.
I couldn't agree with you more. I respect their domestic car appreciation, and they have chosen a top-notch car to support, but the bread and butter of a muscle car is its performance.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
who the hell they to talk about performance. the colbalt ss would tear the srt-8 a new whole on the track.

but the look of the car is personal preference. if they dont like my rear end so be it. over time they will get use to it.
Yup. They're gonna be lookin' at it quite often too. ^_^
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
haha I was reading some of the comments and they are soooo jealous! The challenger is alright looking but compared to the Camaro it looks like a giant boat. The challenger is so boring looking, I saw one on the freeway the other day. And the interior looks like every other dodge car, you can't tell if your in a charger, challenger or a ram for that matter. Don't get me wrong, it still is an awesome muscle car, just way to boring looking for my taste.

"Its funny I'm not interested at all and I'm a GM guy to some extreme.
The rear ends reminds me of another car but I cant place it for the life of me,sad it doesn't hold to the original camaro heritage.The interior looks ok as far as materials used but what is up with the ugly gages and fringes.
Perfect car for a bling king/Flash Cat!!!"

haha I am still laughing at this comment from the website, I would rather have a bling king/Flash Cat car than a plain and boring 2 ton boat

RANT OVER LOL

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...all-seen-9868/

I can't believe their primary gripe is how "un-retro" the Camaro looks and the interior. Apparently a pony car only looks good if it doesn't have any new life to it.
I can, when I went to see the Challenger in Person and up Close. I made it clear to the Salesman, that was waving me in when I was driving up, that I was waiting on the Camaro and just want to see the Challenger up Close.

His Defense was "Man they change the Camaro It doesn't look like the first pictures its not Retro any more they Modernized it." On the inside after that I was . It took all I had to keep from in his face. I told him, I know thats why I like it. Especially the way the back comes out from the rest of the Car. Like its ready to Pounce. After a little more talk I left without getting a complete look at it.

Went to another Dealer. After about 6 mins of looking at 5 Challengers outside, A Salesman approached me I made it clear to the Salesman that I was waiting on the Camaro and just want to see the Challenger up Close.

To make a Long Story Short this Salesman took me inside to look at and sit in the SRT8. Was not Impressed with the inside of Challenger Boring. The Outside of the Challenger is not bold and sharp enough for me.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote