Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Squared Off Foglights. "BumB" fascia

is there anyone selling inserts or anything to that effect that makes the fog lights look the same as the newer camaro on transformers 2??? it looks similar to a lambo in the sense that the foglights are squared off. like in the picture below.the fogs kinds look more like air intake vents. just wondering..any replies to ordering or any manufactorers would be greatly appreciated. i woudl love to buy just some inserts not the whole fascia itself. seeing how i just now traded my LT fascia for a brand new SS fascia. so please let me know if you can..thanks alot..

ohh and by the way anyone know where to buy just the front lip of the ground effects package for the SS. i have the LT gfx on my car and when i swapped front fascias the V6 lip wont fit on the SS fascia..so if anyone ordered the SS gfx kit and dont need or want their front lip or if anyone that owns an LT and bought an SS gfx kit by mistake and your front fascia lip wont fit please contact me through PM i will trade straight up, my LT fascia lip for an SS fascia lip. PM me for the lip and any answers for the transformers still foglights please post on this thread for everyone to see.thanks alot everyone.
Attached Images

Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Someone please hurry...

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Why is the blue car in the background sitting there with a flat tire and what's wrong with the windshield on the Camaro? Looks like plexiglass..
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
Why is the blue car in the background sitting there with a flat tire and what's wrong with the windshield on the Camaro? Looks like plexiglass..
Its quite possible that it is. Its a movie car - doesn't need to meet DOT safety reqs.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Its quite possible that it is. Its a movie car - doesn't need to meet DOT safety reqs.
- X
So its easily removed for filming through the windshield. Shoot cars specifically built for movies have a quick pop out windshield so when they float the car they can stick a camera in there.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I looking at that and it looks like a pair of inserts and just open up the bumper. Hmmm as soon as the snow hits imm athe the bumper off and look at whats behind clearance wise.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
ottobody
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 trans am/camaro
Who would be interested in buying a custom front bumper for the bumble bee car?? Otto Body Customs is interested in building one if anyone is interested in having one?
ottobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I'd be interested in it.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

well i would have but i just now swapped my LT front end for an SS front end. but i would be interested in buying inserts that would match the foglights on that car..and for some trivia i watched the extras at the end of the first transformers, there was no movie made car for that one..that car was worth well over 300k and they had to wear special shoes and everything when they were shooting the car with the cast inside it..shilo had to be trained for over six hours on what not to do while in the car..also they couldnt even open the doors right cause the door handles had no reliefs behind them to put you fingers in..LOL..and in the interview about that with Shilo he said that Jerry Bruckheimer yelled at him constantly about things he was doing in the car that he wasnt supposed to do like turning the steering wheel a certain way..but i think stunt wise they made a half assed look alike to crash and wreck.lol.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
The movie Camaro isnt any sort of real camaro. I think it was custom built on a GTO.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

the only way i could see molding a "pop in" square for the fog lights would be to make a round insert that would fit very snugly into the foglight housing leaving the actual fog light in and behind the insert. then begin squaring off the housing while slimming down the plastic..then once its ready to meet the bumper make it thin and flush it onto the existing fascia and use 3m tape to hold it in place..similar to those fake hood scoops they make now for trucks..i say you would make tons of money with a replacement part like that than selling an entire fascia too..many people would want to make their cars look like that but dont have enough money after buying the car. and they would like to install it themselves to, saving them money. but damn i wish i would have made this thread before i drove from w.v. to IL. to swap fascias with Rick Bottom. but im happy with my SS fascia..would have been happier with a bumble bee fascia like the one i posted above though..but if you guys come out with something like an insert to give that effect please let me know..ill buy them and post dozens of pics installed pics for you guys to use and ill advertise the hell out of it..ill even advertise you fascia if you want me to..anything to bring new parts out for this car and help vendors who actually take the time to make aftermarket parts for this car. just PM me with any info you have. thanks
Old 10-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #12
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

but the first movies camaro was real. it was the 08 prototype. the one they crashed around and scraped up wasnt. but the one they drove down the tunnel and the one they shot parts of while it was simply driving is an actual camaro. 2008, worth over 200k.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
As I understand it the 1st movie used 3 cars and they were actually GTO'S.

The second movie was based on a CAMARO.

Anyone else?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #14
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
I would take one. I would buy one.

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote