Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-13-2020, 02:13 AM   #15
Helena Handbasket
Warrior Hermit

Drives: 2011 Convertible Camaro
I've been reading about this as well. Apparently upgrades were made to the 2011 tops a few years later and it's different so when they replace it, a lot of different things need to be done to accommodate their modifications. I'm not going to go to some shade tree mechanic that doesn't know what they're doing because they happen to think that they know what they're doing because they've done others that may be similar, but aren't like mine. You know what I mean? I'm all for cutting some Corners financially, but not at the expense of not getting a a good warranty or having it done wrong or getting into something where the guy doing it doesn't have a clue what the hell he's doing and ruins it at my expense.
Helena Handbasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #16
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Handbasket View Post
I've been reading about this as well. Apparently upgrades were made to the 2011 tops a few years later and it's different so when they replace it, a lot of different things need to be done to accommodate their modifications. I'm not going to go to some shade tree mechanic that doesn't know what they're doing because they happen to think that they know what they're doing because they've done others that may be similar, but aren't like mine. You know what I mean? I'm all for cutting some Corners financially, but not at the expense of not getting a a good warranty or having it done wrong or getting into something where the guy doing it doesn't have a clue what the hell he's doing and ruins it at my expense.
My suggestion is to find out where the local dealership takes them and go there. I went to a well respected top shop that had no experience with these tops, but was certain they could do it. I returned three times and it still wasn't perfect. The owner said the engineers who designed them, surely never did one themselves and he'll never do one of these tops again.
I ended up going to the shop the dealership uses to have it corrected. In the end, I did save $250, but the hassle wasn't worth it.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #17
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I'd make it beer & a steak dinner.
The insurance company saw the car today & estimated 7 hours.

It was vandalized by a piece of sh*t.
Sxren_Camaro'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:16 AM   #18
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
I'm not certain how pictures of a damaged top would help the thread, but it's been 2 1/2 years since it was started, so the pictures are long gone.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #19
Helena Handbasket
Warrior Hermit

Drives: 2011 Convertible Camaro
Smile Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
My suggestion is to find out where the local dealership takes them and go there. I went to a well respected top shop that had no experience with these tops, but was certain they could do it. I returned three times and it still wasn't perfect. The owner said the engineers who designed them, surely never did one themselves and he'll never do one of these tops again.
I ended up going to the shop the dealership uses to have it corrected. In the end, I did save $250, but the hassle wasn't worth it.
Thank you!
I live about 100 miles from a dealership :(

Last edited by Helena Handbasket; 04-03-2020 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added last line.
Helena Handbasket is offline   Reply With Quote