Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #15
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
This is all GM dealer stuff. I believe if a GM dealer performs a warranty repair and it is substandard, while the dealer may be charged back by GM for the warranty work performed, the vehicle warranty is still intact - as the work is being done - as required by a GM Authorized Agent.

GM has the oversight of their agents, not the consumer for warranty work it's going to be really hard to make a claim against the first GM dealer - since GM paid them.

Warranty work is low $$ stuff. No doubt dealers will try to milk it - however I do not believe that you have direct recourse to the repairing dealer when they are performing GM paid repairs.

I just read through the entire GM Manual and find no exclusion that would release GM from warranty coverage if the work warranty work is done at a GM dealer. In fact the workmanship clause looks to extend itself through the warranty period.

There is a Customer Satisfaction Procedure in the warranty manual. I would immediately contact GM both by phone and in writing (send certified - return receipt) using that procedure and indicate the issue. Thence the BBB arbitration program - all this is to GM, not to the dealer. Don't confuse the two.

I would expect you will have no trouble. However you MUST document your issues and notify GM itself.

The reality here is that despite any frustration you may have - and I get that - the fair point is GM itself has NO IDEA of the dealer issues you encounter - unless you tell them. So tell them. Follow the warranty stuff to the letter - notifications - requesting assistance. I am pretty sure GM won't screw you - and with the BBB resolution program hearing complaints within 40 days (and you are not bound by the decision) - you become the squeaky wheel.

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...nformation.pdf

Lastly I will say - having had a powerstroke's engine pulled three times, numerous dealer screw-ups and incomplete repairs - Ford never denied repair attempts even when a dealer did warranty corrections were incomplete, bad or simply ineffective. I expect GM won't be any different.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #16
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
my question is, did Autonation use a GM Factory Rack or did they source a re-built unit from Pep Boys?

What is it they say needs to repaired or are they guessing?
This went pretty high up, its actually a legal issue at this point as I have an attorney on the case and GM is refusing to speak directly to me because thereof (lemon law issue of GM refusing to lemon my vehicle). GM itself sent certified techs to Autonation to inspect my car both before the repair, authorized the replacement of the steering rack, and wouldnt not release my car until they re-inspected the vehicle after the repair. This was the third repair attempt. Autonation is not an offbrand repair shop that I paid to have the steering rack replaced, they are strictly a Chevrolet dealer and they worked over the phone and onsite with GM techs who literally flew in to Austin because this was their third repair attempt (which is why I chose another dealer...wasn't like this was the first and only attempt.)...

Read this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528765
Then this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533044
Those two are regarding the workmanship from Autonation and dealing with GM directly...
Two months after they replace the steering rack - this happens: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539875
Now with my attorney -- this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540064

In short, yes...GM was HIGHLY INVOLVED with the Autonation steering rack replacement - Autonation is a Chevrolet Dealer much like Don Hewitt, not a random repair shop. All the work performed by autonation was done under manufacture warranty and They used GM parts.

As for what needs to be repaired, we don't really know yet. They only advised me of the possibility of GM not covering the repair and I would have to come out of pocket since this all happened at another dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
This is all GM dealer stuff. I believe if a GM dealer performs a warranty repair and it is substandard, while the dealer may be charged back by GM for the warranty work performed, the vehicle warranty is still intact - as the work is being done - as required by a GM Authorized Agent.

GM has the oversight of their agents, not the consumer for warranty work it's going to be really hard to make a claim against the first GM dealer - since GM paid them.

Warranty work is low $$ stuff. No doubt dealers will try to milk it - however I do not believe that you have direct recourse to the repairing dealer when they are performing GM paid repairs.

I just read through the entire GM Manual and find no exclusion that would release GM from warranty coverage if the work warranty work is done at a GM dealer. In fact the workmanship clause looks to extend itself through the warranty period.

There is a Customer Satisfaction Procedure in the warranty manual. I would immediately contact GM both by phone and in writing (send certified - return receipt) using that procedure and indicate the issue. Thence the BBB arbitration program - all this is to GM, not to the dealer. Don't confuse the two.

I would expect you will have no trouble. However you MUST document your issues and notify GM itself.

The reality here is that despite any frustration you may have - and I get that - the fair point is GM itself has NO IDEA of the dealer issues you encounter - unless you tell them. So tell them. Follow the warranty stuff to the letter - notifications - requesting assistance. I am pretty sure GM won't screw you - and with the BBB resolution program hearing complaints within 40 days (and you are not bound by the decision) - you become the squeaky wheel.

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...nformation.pdf

Lastly I will say - having had a powerstroke's engine pulled three times, numerous dealer screw-ups and incomplete repairs - Ford never denied repair attempts even when a dealer did warranty corrections were incomplete, bad or simply ineffective. I expect GM won't be any different.
I contacted GM customer care this morning but basically because I have a lemon law legal claim against them, they refuse to speak with me or answer any question, it all has to go through my attorney. So question is at this point, if the new dealer wants to charge me for something Autonation / GM (who were both jointly combined in the repair effort very closely as GM flew in to supervise and inspect pretty much the entire operation), how would I now get GM involved in interceding or better question given all the hell they've given me to this point is will they even be willing to do that.

======================================

Thing that is pissing me off about this is, you go to a dealer who performs manufacture warranty, dealer screws it up so your warranty doesn't cover that, and you have to come out of pocket for an issue that really isn't yours.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #17
matt fe2o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
This went pretty high up, its actually a legal issue at this point as I have an attorney on the case and GM is refusing to speak directly to me because thereof (lemon law issue of GM refusing to lemon my vehicle). GM itself sent certified techs to Autonation to inspect my car both before the repair, authorized the replacement of the steering rack, and wouldnt not release my car until they re-inspected the vehicle after the repair. This was the third repair attempt. Autonation is not an offbrand repair shop that I paid to have the steering rack replaced, they are strictly a Chevrolet dealer and they worked over the phone and onsite with GM techs who literally flew in to Austin because this was their third repair attempt (which is why I chose another dealer...wasn't like this was the first and only attempt.)...

Read this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528765
Then this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533044
Those two are regarding the workmanship from Autonation and dealing with GM directly...
Two months after they replace the steering rack - this happens: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539875
Now with my attorney -- this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540064

In short, yes...GM was HIGHLY INVOLVED with the Autonation steering rack replacement - Autonation is a Chevrolet Dealer much like Don Hewitt, not a random repair shop. All the work performed by autonation was done under manufacture warranty and They used GM parts.

As for what needs to be repaired, we don't really know yet. They only advised me of the possibility of GM not covering the repair and I would have to come out of pocket since this all happened at another dealer.

I contacted GM customer care this morning but basically because I have a lemon law legal claim against them, they refuse to speak with me or answer any question, it all has to go through my attorney. So question is at this point, if the new dealer wants to charge me for something Autonation / GM (who were both jointly combined in the repair effort very closely as GM flew in to supervise and inspect pretty much the entire operation), how would I now get GM involved in interceding or better question given all the hell they've given me to this point is will they even be willing to do that.

======================================

Thing that is pissing me off about this is, you go to a dealer who performs manufacture warranty, dealer screws it up so your warranty doesn't cover that, and you have to come out of pocket for an issue that really isn't yours.
If you hired an attorney get guidance from them and them only. If an attorney is not retained get onto the BBB resolution process ASAP. GM might not talk to you but the BBB resolution process will. If GM does not show up - you have it made.

The new dealer is shady from what I can see. It's possible this is because GM has not authorized the warranty repair and they are not stepping up for you. That sucks.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:55 AM   #18
Need4Camaro

Quote:
If you hired an attorney get guidance from them and them only. If an attorney is not retained get onto the BBB resolution process ASAP. GM might not talk to you but the BBB resolution process will. If GM does not show up - you have it made.

The new dealer is shady from what I can see. It's possible this is because GM has not authorized the warranty repair and they are not stepping up for you. That sucks.
As for GM I've already went BBB route, they did nothing.

Are you suggesting I do this against the dealer?
Old 10-09-2018, 02:23 AM   #19
matt fe2o3

Quote:
As for GM I've already went BBB route, they did nothing.

Are you suggesting I do this against the dealer?
The BBB program for arbitration is in the warranty book - I'm not sure what you mean "nothing"....?

No, your claim as far as I can see is against GM not the dealer. Something does not seem right.

If you went through the BBB resolution program there should have been a decision made - it's somewhere around page 30 of the warranty manual.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #20
Need4Camaro

Quote:
The BBB program for arbitration is in the warranty book - I'm not sure what you mean "nothing"....?

No, your claim as far as I can see is against GM not the dealer. Something does not seem right.

If you went through the BBB resolution program there should have been a decision made - it's somewhere around page 30 of the warranty manual.
The BBB lemon process is financed by the auto manufactures and because of that they usually side with them. When I went through them I had 2 repair attempts but the issue was related to the steering system which was considered a safety issue which is an automatic lemon if not repaired in the first attempt. BBB came to its own settlement stating the only thing they would allow is a repair.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:52 AM   #21
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
The BBB is absolute garbage, bought and paid for by the very businesses they claim to "regulate".
The higher your "fees" the more willing they are to "help".
I've gone through the BBB numerous times and they have never, not once, did anything that can be construed as helping the consumer.

Sorry I can't really help with your lemon issue but your right on the BBB, dead end there. Your lawyer should really be the one helping you through this, it's what you pay him for.
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #22
matt fe2o3

Quote:
The BBB lemon process is financed by the auto manufactures and because of that they usually side with them. When I went through them I had 2 repair attempts but the issue was related to the steering system which was considered a safety issue which is an automatic lemon if not repaired in the first attempt. BBB came to its own settlement stating the only thing they would allow is a repair.
OK, at least you went through the process - that shows your good faith. So let your attorney handle it from here.