Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Automatic transmission cost R6P

havent seen much on this but has anyone who picked up there automatic got the dealer to take off the extra 200 dollar cost? i just saw on my sticker it was 1,185 and on pre order it was 995.
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
My dealer said they are invoicing the pre-orders at full price for some reason (everything, not just the trans). He said they would get a credit to their account, and then mail me a check for the difference. Hope that helps, ask your dealer about it.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
My dealer said they are invoicing the pre-orders at full price for some reason (everything, not just the trans). He said they would get a credit to their account, and then mail me a check for the difference. Hope that helps, ask your dealer about it.
Your dealer is correct. However I don't think this is the right way of doing business. They should just be charging you the correct price from the start and then when they get the money from GM it hits their account. What if for whatever reason GM doesn't reimburse them? How do you know that is the truth and what is their incentive to push back on GM to get it? They've already sold you the car... it's not their problem anymore. Who's to say they don't just get it and pocket it? How would the customer know it came in at all?

If they refuse to give it to you up front, at least get it in writing that they will reimburse the amount.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
thanks it does help
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote