Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #939
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Excuse me all.

This is the CAMARO5 Forum. If you are not a Camaro owner, you are welcome -- as a guest. If I had a guest at my dinner table reference my state of mind, they would be excused from my table. If they went further I may choose to throw them through the nearest door or window. People do not react well to what they perceive as a personal remark.

Can we ALL (and this includes the most loyal Camaro owners too) please refrain from ALL personal references as I enjoy the discussion in the thread and would like to see it continue.
If you weren't a vendor you'd be a mod, Pete.

+1

I'm on about my last nerve with how things are going in this thread and a few others in particular. We're going to start being not-so-conservative in our moderation as a result.

ALL personal assaults/insults/insinuations will not be tolerated, per the rules.

Competitor's enthusiasts are welcome to the discussion, but please watch what you say. Instigation and arguing for your brand of choice on this, OUR CAMARO site...will not be tolerated, per the rules under "thread crapping".

This is not intended as a form of censorship to sooth our egos, however. The atmosphere lately has not been up to Camaro5.com's standards, and we're going to do our best to return the site to the level of quality discussion our members joined in the first place.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #940
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
So I have a question?

Why the hell was my post of

Quote:
Yea! but my daddy can beat up your daddy....

Thought this was a CAMARO forum? I don't go to the Jeep/Mustang/Challenger forums just to hang out and spout b.s. Must be nice to have a life that you can afford time on so many fourms that you know nothing about other than reading mags or own....
Deleted, apparently?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #941
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
So I have a question?

Why the hell was my post of

Deleted, apparently?
Because the entire sidebar conversation it was part of was deleted. Sorry it got caught up in the cross-fire.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #942
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I had to feed the fire, but Ford didn't use plenty of room to upgrade the chassis according to the Ford Press release. The wheels and tires appear to be the same size. Performance / City button for the dampers would have to fall into the category of 'proven' technology. It is still a three link rear and asking a three link rear to handle 650 from the crank is asking a lot. From what I can gather the front brakes will be 6 pots, but the rears will still be floating calipers

GM took advantage of the Global Rear Wheel Drive Platform to build the Camaro. Ford had access to similar chassis. The Ford Falcon is the best rear wheel drive chassis Ford has built with the exception of the original GT-40 and the modern GT. A Mustang on the Falcon chassis with a 650 HP motor would have been the best Mustang ever built. Not by a few extra ponies, but overall excellence. Maybe in the years to come Ford will bring similar technology to the Mustang.

We will all find out exactly what the new GT500 and ZL1 will do soon enough.
Exactly and my point was again, most of this forum assumed the 5.0 mustang wouldn't keep up with the SS on track because of the SRA vs IRS. Most of this forum assumed the boss wouldn't be able to improve much on the 5.0's handling capabilities because of the limitation of the SRA. The 2011+ gt500 is already a very formidable car on track and it has proven that time and time again in various comparisons, cts-v vs gt500 for example. Until we see some real specs and figures, any idea of how it's going to perform is just a somewhat educated guess. Don't count out the gt500 just yet simply because it doesn't have IRS and magnetic ride control. The gt500 can be a very, very quick track car and if this one is done right the zl1 will definitely have a contender on its hands, especially on a track with long straights like the nurburgring.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #943
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Competitor's enthusiasts are welcome to the discussion, but please watch what you say. Instigation and arguing for your brand of choice on this, OUR CAMARO site...will not be tolerated, per the rules under "thread crapping".

OK, im gonna jump right on the most likely gonna get banned train and start by saying this.................

I hope that statement doesnt mean "The Camaro guys can talk crap about anything they want because its a Camaro forum BUT competitors cant talk crap about the Camaro in return or defend said crap talk about their own brand"????? If im wrong then sorry in advance but thats what it seems like.

2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #944
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Tech View Post
OK, im gonna jump right on the most likely gonna get banned train and start by saying this.................

I hope that statement doesnt mean "The Camaro guys can talk crap about anything they want because its a Camaro forum BUT competitors cant talk crap about the Camaro in return or defend said crap talk about their own brand"????? If im wrong then sorry in advance but thats what it seems like.

Scroll to the top of the page and look to the upper left border... This is Camaro5, which is a privately owned site... It was opened for and by Camaro enthusiasts.

If you want to come in and civily talk about the merits of Ford or Chrysler or any other manufacturer, you are more than welcome... but there will be no outright bashing of the Camaro without repurcussions. Thats the nature of a CAMARO privately owned and operated site.

The Camaro bashing serves to only start arguments... and if you wish to resolve those, do it on the track... This keyboard commado bickering will not be tolerated... by Camaro owners or by owners of other brands... If Camaro owners instigate arguments when you're civily discussing other brands, they will be dealt with as well...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #945
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Scroll to the top of the page and look to the upper left border... This is Camaro5, which is a privately owned site... It was opened for and by Camaro enthusiasts.

If you want to come in and civily talk about the merits of Ford or Chrysler or any other manufacturer, you are more than welcome... but there will be no outright bashing of the Camaro without repurcussions. Thats the nature of a CAMARO privately owned and operated site.

The Camaro bashing serves to only start arguments... and if you wish to resolve those, do it on the track... This keyboard commado bickering will not be tolerated... by Camaro owners or by owners of other brands...
Yeah...what HE said...besides....it's much more fun to bash turbos. Those cars are REALLY slow.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
Old 11-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #946
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Yeah...what HE said...besides....it's much more fun to bash turbos. Those cars are REALLY slow.
Care to back that up... mr blower owner....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 11-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #947
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Care to back that up... mr blower owner....
Yep.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #948
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yep.
Looking forward to it... someday, somewhere...

Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #949
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Looking forward to it... someday, somewhere...
Lol....you sound so serious..... I know you Texans take your gunfights seriously but geez.

How about CFest.....whoever wins buys the first round.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 11-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #950
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Lol....you sound so serious..... I know you Texans take your gunfights seriously but geez.

How about CFest.....whoever wins buys the first round.
the dreamy lilt didn't come through...

I'll have to read more of the mod instructions for adding emotion...

Provided I'm at the fest, which as far as I know right now I'll be there, then that's a heck of a deal... Winner buys the first round...

:note to self: bring enough cash to buy huffer a drink...

Old 11-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #951
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Tech View Post

Quote:

The Camaro bashing serves to only start arguments... and if you wish to resolve those, do it on the track... This keyboard commado bickering will not be tolerated... by Camaro owners or by owners of other brands... If Camaro owners instigate arguments when you're civily discussing other brands, they will be dealt with as well...
What SSE 4 2SS said, exactly. We're not going to give Camaro owners a "Get out of jail free" card...but we do have a home-field advantage here, and that shouldn't be a surprise.

If you find this offensive on a Camaro site, for Camaro enthusiasts' opinions and desires to take priority over others...perhaps you're on the wrong site....
Old 11-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #952
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
Quote:

Well if bashing a 392 in the "Camaro vs. 392" thread starts im not allowed to defend the 392 and bash back because its a "camaro" forum??? Thats my point. Its an "I can bash you but you cant bash me back" deal huh?? OK, no problem.
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74

Closed Thread