Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
crbeezy

Drives: white 1ss
2010 power seat issue

My power seat in my 2010 1ss wont move forward. All of the other functions work without fail. Ive read about the whole hitting the back of the seat trick and i either did it wrong or it just didnt work for me. Also read about some switch on the seat motor that you can toggle on/off to sort of reset it but after unzipping my seat covers I couldnt locate it. Any help would definately be appreciated because as of now the seat is in a deep uncomfortable recline position. Ive searched the forum and couldnt find a definitive answer/solution so sorry in advance if this has been addressed before.
crbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
crbeezy

Anybody?
Old 09-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbeezy View Post
My power seat in my 2010 1ss wont move forward. All of the other functions work without fail. Ive read about the whole hitting the back of the seat trick and i either did it wrong or it just didnt work for me. Also read about some switch on the seat motor that you can toggle on/off to sort of reset it but after unzipping my seat covers I couldnt locate it. Any help would definately be appreciated because as of now the seat is in a deep uncomfortable recline position. Ive searched the forum and couldnt find a definitive answer/solution so sorry in advance if this has been addressed before.
crbeezy,

I understand the displeasure when dealing with power seat concerns. While I realize you're seeking opinions from others, if you feel an official GM diagnosis is necessary, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your preferred GM dealer. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want your experience(s) officially documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
crbeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
crbeezy,

I understand the displeasure when dealing with power seat concerns. While I realize you're seeking opinions from others, if you feel an official GM diagnosis is necessary, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your preferred GM dealer. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want your experience(s) officially documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for your reply and ive actually contacted a local dealer which told me I had to replace the entire seat ($400). Only problem with that is a dealer on the other side of town is stating that they can service the seat motor by itself. Just trying to find a reliable solution within these conflicting claims.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
There is a 'recall' on the seats -- not to lower them as there is a bolt that may fall out. I checked today and they don't have a resolution yet. I'd see about that too...
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #6
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Replace the seat to replace the switch..... run from that dealer as fast as you can...
Old 09-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Replace the seat to replace the switch..... run from that dealer as fast as you can...
My 2012 makes a clunking noise when first moved when I sit in it like it is coming from the joint area.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
crbeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
There is a 'recall' on the seats -- not to lower them as there is a bolt that may fall out. I checked today and they don't have a resolution yet. I'd see about that too...
Hadnt seen this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
This is what im leaning towards. Thought I had a honest dealer to work with seeing as to how ive thought they were always truthfull with me, may have to start looking elsewhere.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Hadnt seen this before
Neither did I. Was looking for seat upgrades when I found these...

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/...amaro/recalls/

http://consumerist.com/2014/07/29/no...uncing-recall/

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0103/307290049

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...s-flagged.html

OnStar also let me know about the recall...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks for your reply and ive actually contacted a local dealer which told me I had to replace the entire seat ($400). Only problem with that is a dealer on the other side of town is stating that they can service the seat motor by itself. Just trying to find a reliable solution within these conflicting claims.
I understand,

By all means, if you begin choosing what's best for you, don't hesitate to contact us or let us know just in case additional assistance may be needed.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote