Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #71
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Brandon,you need to post what G.M.is doing to fix this issue with the ZL1 a/c.you say the same thing each time.name,address,vin.and dealer.then you say to take the car to the dealer,then the dealer contacts G.M.G.M.then states that they have no complaints.in the mean time our air doesnot work in hot weather.i see why G.M doesnot want to deal with this,i think it is a major fix.not a minor one.You need to post what the issue was and what was done to deal with the issue.not once have you posted a fix to the a/c on C-5.or do us a favor and donot post anything.
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #72
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 View Post
Brandon,you need to post what G.M.is doing to fix this issue with the ZL1 a/c.you say the same thing each time.name,address,vin.and dealer.then you say to take the car to the dealer,then the dealer contacts G.M.G.M.then states that they have no complaints.in the mean time our air doesnot work in hot weather.i see why G.M doesnot want to deal with this,i think it is a major fix.not a minor one.You need to post what the issue was and what was done to deal with the issue.not once have you posted a fix to the a/c on C-5.or do us a favor and donot post anything.
I agree - Brandon can you use this forum or PMs to educate us? My concern now is that the ambient temperatures are dropping and the problem goes away. I don't want GM to stop and think it went away! This will be back as soon as the temperatures start climbing again in March or April.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #73
MY CA.ZL1

a/c not working in hot weather

ok,today i talked with the dept.above c/s.that works with the eng.softwear people ect.they have acess to all depts of g.m.it is important that anyone with this issue have your dealer in this also.even the lemon law takes the dealers help.say on brandon,call c/s at 18002221020.tell them whatever it is just fix it.really we need to help each other on this.get case #for your car.a pain yes.but this is what we have to do.i love my car.i do.but i need to be able to sit inside when driving it in heat.lol my ref#is 71-1114332383 let me know guys
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #74
MY CA.ZL1

ok,guys i need to know who had there a/c checked out,by what dealer,what they said,ref#number if you have one.i am taking the time to follow this not only for my ZL1 but all the ZL1s that have this issue.my dealer is right along side of me with g.m.temps are going down,air will start working and cooling.i am to go to az.and from there i will head to adm in texas.lets do this.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #75
TUCSONZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1-#132
We could be talking class action lawsuit here.Who wants to start the list.
Any body know a good class action law firm?
TUCSONZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #76
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Mine was doing the same thing.. I haven't taken mine to the dealer to look at it, I was waiting to see what you guys came up with..
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #77
MY CA.ZL1

we may end up there,however we to do this so we win if it comes to that.trust me i know how it works.to date i have read many issues with the a/c.inc.mine but i have only seen one email with name of dealer.there are so many ZL1 owners with the same issue,but if we are to get G.M.to move on this we have to speak as one.we need to have g.m.tell dealers that they willnot fix or is not a issue.mine is in writing.it is crazy that a person cannot drive there car in hot weather because the a/c willnot work.Tucson 1 has a very good point.but some of these battles take years to fight.the lemon law would be easier to make happen.but you must reach 30 days to make happen.g.m.would bluckle under this.Remember it is not there money they are spending.lol i am so pissed about this.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #78
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Also still pissed too
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #79
Al C.

Summer is here, any fix? Mine started up again, car is at the dealership.."We cannot duplicate the problem."
Forcast for Friday, 115...
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #80
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Summer is here, any fix? Mine started up again, car is at the dealership.."We cannot duplicate the problem."
Forcast for Friday, 115...
I have the same problem, but found the simple fix. At startup I just turn off the A/C and cruise for about 1/2 mile and click back on the A/C and BAM..........kicks in the ICE COLD AIR!!

They can't duplicate the problem as you bring them the car. Have it sit their for the whole day in the sun , then let them start it infront of you and you will have the problem present itself!
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #81
Al C.

Its scheduled for Friday..If it dosent act up in 115 degree heat then I dont know what else they can do..
Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #82
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Its scheduled for Friday..If it dosent act up in 115 degree heat then I dont know what else they can do..

If you drive it to the dealership that day and expect it too mimic the problems we are getting due to excessive heat soak, probably not going to happen!

If you let it sit for a hour or two in 115 degree at the dealership before they test, I betcha will do it!!
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #83
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
If you drive it to the dealership that day and expect it too mimic the problems we are getting due to excessive heat soak, probably not going to happen!

If you let it sit for a hour or two in 115 degree at the dealership before they test, I betcha will do it!!

Mine has been doing it lately since we have been hitting over 100, usually after I drove for awhile stopped for a short period and started again. It will eventually fix itself if I let it go but I have been doing the A/C on/off thing too. I am going to the dealer soon, will let you know if they find anything. No bulletin on this yet?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #84
Al C.

None, per my dealership. Back to the garage it goes!