Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #15
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
I've got that a few times with both my cars, but I have 120k sitting in my garage so ITS NOT JUST A CAR to me with that kind of investment:

Beautiful cars... and yes they are an investment, and a source of pride.
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #16
nvydvr

Don't get me wrong, my wife is absolutely awesome, and Smokin' hot, but I jsut wish she gave a hoot about cars... or at least my car. The 1LE is in the shop right now getting teh Corsa Performance quad-tip exhaust put on and she said...Isn't that going to be loud? Why do you want that?... Uhm because your Tahoe sounds throatier right now hahaha... Chicks... I can't complain too much she really doesn't give me too hard of a time, but when she does AHHH...
Old 01-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
My wife's grown up with classic and sports cars. She respects them and knows what and why things hold value. We're hunting for an old Impala for her now - considering having one custom build if we have to. She's a good car lover and respects all the toys (guitars, guns, etc.) that are around the house.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #18
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
My cousin (who lives in a trailer) said that to me and my girlfriend when we moved the Corvette 427 from off the road into the driveway.

She wasn't too happy when I told her the car cost more than her residence.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
*Wait...you guys let someone else sit in the passenger seat?

I'm lost.....lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #20
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
*Wait...you guys let someone else sit in the passenger seat?

I'm lost.....lol

This is really silly in some ways. As important as the car is, obviously it is not as important as my wife or my kids.

And all of them except for my son don't seem to think its more than metal. Well maybe my daughter a little.

I son is the only one that can drive it whenever he wants. Wife and daughter don't drive manuals.
His quote however to me was, "no thanks dad, I don't want to drive your car, I can't take the pressure, I'd rather be in Afghanistan."

But they all appreciate that I love the car and since I respect their stuff and they know how important they are to me, they respect my car completely.

Isn't that what its all about.

Jim
Old 01-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #21
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
When I upgraded to the ZL1 and got the ADM upgrades, my wife refuses to drive it (she used to drive my SS all the time and claimed it for herself at one point...lol). She loves/hates my ZL1 and stays away from it to avoid damaging or upsetting me. Haha
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #22
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Nope. I never have these problems, honestly.
The only gripe I hear from her is when I do something stupid while driving without warning her first.

She doesn't whine about the mods, she doesn't whine about spending 3 hours washing it, she doesn't whine when I say "I just want to go for a drive."

Yeah, I know i'm lucky.
But I also have an edge:

She doesn't drive. She hates it. So I have ALL the say in things because she won't even get her driver's license.
(Her mother traumatized her very young with her horrible driving)
<<insert Asian woman driver joke here---really. Perfect stereotype>>
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #23
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
I learn to just drive my second car with my wife.
Married 14 years though and she still say crazy stuff to this day.... like your little princess in the garage and You don't never drive it. I correct her though and let her know-baby its a queen and queen holds the castle down.

I HAD A MONTE CARLO SS 2007 before I traded it for my Camaro SS and my wife swear its faster... and the muffler on that set up she say sound better. Magnaflow magnapacks- with factory headers but no cats

Camaro ss got 1 7/8 headers no cats into x pipe no mufflers. sounds amazing

oh well..
( That Monte was fast) but it was front wheel.
but anyways
She knows don't mess up my cars and my home theater setup
and I RESPECT her shoe COLLECTION and her KITCHEN -
WORKING!!
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
KINGRENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #24
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
"You keep your car spotless, I don't understand why I have to pick up your clothes off of the bathroom floor" *eyes roll*

Last edited by backeddy; 01-12-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: quotes
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #25
ForcFed93

Drives: 2001 2500HD
I'm lucky. My wife helped me pick mine out. And she refused to even let me consider a Mustang.

She understands why I do what I do though she wants me to get different tires so I can drive it occasionally even if it's cool out.

My step son and my daughter both love it too. My daughter (who's 5) complains all the time that we have to take the jeep when it's cold out and wants to take the fast car. My step son (who's 4) stares out the window every time he hears it start and watches me leave. His favorite hot wheels is the red COPO Camaro I got him for chrismas.

Overall I've got it good. I can mod as long as we have the extra cash and no on cares that I'm overprotective of it.

Granted, we did just buy the wife a brand new Buick Encore earlier in the year so she told me I could splurge on myself.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #26
nvydvr

Ok, just to get things straight here's my values... God, Family and Country. But my beloved wife has 4 other cars to drive and all I ask is for her to PLEASE...pulease.... be careful with this one... I served 24 years in the Navy as Special Operations, Diver etc and this was my gift/reward to myself and I really do just want to keep her nice... that's all... HOOYAH
My wife and kids come before anything else... without debate... but come-on... don't try to "girl" my car...hahaha...btw... she also "lets" me buy any gun I want...WHAT A WOMAN!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #27
nvydvr

I remind my wife that I'm the Captain of this ship... whereas she told me The Admiral just came aboard!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #28
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1421109277590.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  48.1 KB

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk