Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #38333
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,991
Sorry for your pain Rick. Hope you are all better very soon.


Another day of packing done. Starting to feel like I see light at the end of the tunnel.
__________________

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 09-19-2018 at 09:25 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #38334
69supersport396
Rick
 
69supersport396's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Sorry for your pain Rick. Hope you are all better very soon.


Another day of packing done. Starting to feel like I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks Jan.

You'll be moved in and set up before you know it. BTW, we have been out here in AZ going on nine years now. Time sure does fly.

Have a great weekend gang.
__________________
69supersport396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #38335
70rsz28
 
70rsz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 610
Hope that you feel better Rick .

Good luck with the move Jan .

Spent the last 2 wknds stacking firewood at the cottage in a 12 x20 woodshed .
next wknd on call .
wknd after that will see about pulling a tree that was split and broke Friday in the high winds ,still slightly attached on one end and the other end stuck into top of another tree .
then we will cut and split some wood for next year , my wife like splitting wood because the tractor does all the work she just pushes a lever .. we like to do it this time of year because of cooler days .
one night this week I will clean the chimney
going to put the cars away mid October
have a great week folks
70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #38336
69supersport396
Rick
 
69supersport396's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 3,018
Feeling much better. Thanks!

So I recently switch insurance on the Camaro over to a classic car insurance specialist. Saving quite a bit of money, as I drive it about 1300 miles a year. It has just over 8900 miles on it.

Over the years, we shopped around for the best value on all of our cars combined, except the '66. Each time we would switch, the agent would seemingly object to us owning the Camaro, until the mileage was disclosed.

Anyway, last week, I added the Camaro to the '66 policy. They were more than HAPPY to insure my Camaro. Mileage is limited to 3000/year, which should fit me well. Wasn't my intent on buying the Camaro as another show car, but that's how it turned out.

Seems these insurance companies should be cautious with male drivers driving minivans, as these guys love to "red light race" me. Not worth my spent fuel.
__________________
69supersport396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #38337
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,991
It is getting close now. Another day of packing today & finalizing details, signing stuff, etc. It is so weird doing so many of the transactions & signing stuff via phone. A lot has changed in 30 years since we bought this house. We drove by the new house yesterday to see how it faired draining a very heavy rain storm & how they were coming with the negotiated changes & repairs to the house. All was looking good. Like the paint they chose for the deck (wasn't finished yet). Tomorrow we go back, do the final walk-through & get to see it all completed including the carpet in the 2 back upstairs bedrooms changed to hardwood. Then Friday we close. Then the moving can start & renovations begin to this house. They had already put the sold sign on the house.
Attached Images
   
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #38338
PeeP
 
PeeP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2015 Z/28
Join Date: May 2018
Location: McPherson,Kansas
Posts: 18
60,kids gone,no wife! Hell ya! Bought my first Camaro (2010 SS ls3) 5 or so years ago and got a '15 Z28 earlier this spring.

Love it when the young punks give me the look and rev it up!

Having a blast.
PeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #38339
Trickskier
Native Floridian
 
Trickskier's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 1986 IROC-Z
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Gator Nation
Posts: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
It is getting close now. Another day of packing today & finalizing details, signing stuff, etc. It is so weird doing so many of the transactions & signing stuff via phone. A lot has changed in 30 years since we bought this house. We drove by the new house yesterday to see how it faired draining a very heavy rain storm & how they were coming with the negotiated changes & repairs to the house. All was looking good. Like the paint they chose for the deck (wasn't finished yet). Tomorrow we go back, do the final walk-through & get to see it all completed including the carpet in the 2 back upstairs bedrooms changed to hardwood. Then Friday we close. Then the moving can start & renovations begin to this house. They had already put the sold sign on the house.
Beautiful new home Jan - Congratulations!
__________________
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #38340
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69supersport396 View Post
Feeling much better.
Seems these insurance companies should be cautious with male drivers driving minivans, as these guys love to "red light race" me. Not worth my spent fuel.
Glad your feeling better...

I have a minivan but I would never even consider trying to race anyone in it... it’s like me .. Old and Slow..
Attached Images
 
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #38341
ragzl1
JOHN
 
ragzl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 VR Vert, 69 RS Blue, 57 Corv
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 365
Jan - What a great looking house. Do you have as much garage space for your four wheel toys as you did at the current house??

PeeP - Welcome to the old farts !!
__________________
MY WIFE AND MY FIRST CAMARO. KEPT THE GIRL AND TRADED THE CAR.
ragzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #38342
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,991
Actually a little more Garage room. It is listed as a 2 car garage but one side is deeper than the other so the Nissan Z will fit in the deep end & 2 of the 5th gens too. The 4th Gen will go under the deck for now & we will put a carport over the back of the garage eventually. The truck can stay outside like now. We did the final walk-through. Everything looks good except they have not been able to finish the deck painting due to rain which is fine. Bought a new washer & dryer today & got me a small wine fridge to go by the bar we bought for the den. More packing tomorrow & Closing on Friday. Getting psyched.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:06 PM   #38343
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,991
Moving is hard freaking work. That is all.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #38344
Trickskier
Native Floridian
 
Trickskier's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 1986 IROC-Z
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Gator Nation
Posts: 1,849
We're in Beech Mountain, NC. Deer are everywhere!!!

Happy Friday Everyone - Bloody Mary's soon!!!
__________________
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #38345
70rsz28
 
70rsz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 610
It is our thanksgiving weekend , looking forward to it .think we're at 26 people coming. We are having it at the cottage ..lots to do but I have to find a little time to do a few Halloween decorations outside .
Going to put the cars away soon when it stops raining long enough to take them there .

Everyone enjoy your weekend
70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #38346
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan
 
theragtopguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Eastern Penns Woods
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Actually a little more Garage room. It is listed as a 2 car garage but one side is deeper than the other so the Nissan Z will fit in the deep end & 2 of the 5th gens too. The 4th Gen will go under the deck for now & we will put a carport over the back of the garage eventually. The truck can stay outside like now. We did the final walk-through. Everything looks good except they have not been able to finish the deck painting due to rain which is fine. Bought a new washer & dryer today & got me a small wine fridge to go by the bar we bought for the den. More packing tomorrow & Closing on Friday. Getting psyched.
Gorgeous house Jan!!!! Good luck with it all!! Couple of years and then we will be moving South as well......still have not decided exactly where yet. Wife says we could get a place around the Smokies and buy a small RV and in the winter drive down to the Keys and winter there!! I like that idea, we'll see if we will have the resources to do that.
__________________
2015 Green Flash, Delivered 4/10/15
CAI, NPP Exhaust, Short-throw shifter
One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total
Member of SEPA5+







theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ah'm retard @65, aw hell! there goes the hip!, canadianoldfartspartyhard!, cougars, dinner at 4:30, i love prunes, i smell bengay, i'm falling and i can't get up, nap time, old farts know how to party!, sponsored by cialis, sponsored by viagra, tac comes in sometimes, where are my teeth?, where's my geritol

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why you like Muscle Cars? .Hack General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 20 06-12-2016 08:58 AM
Top 10 dou*hebag cars 09'Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 7 04-30-2008 10:36 AM
Top Gear - Dodge Challenger & American Muscle Cars Tran General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 04-24-2008 10:48 PM
Crash tests downgrade small cars KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 0 12-19-2006 03:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.