Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 02-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #29
greyscale

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I completely understand that it’s definitely better to be safe than sorry! I guess as a seller you can know there’s always someone willing to buy and it’s better not to deal with a scammer. I’ve bought a few things off this forum and haven’t had negative nor positive feedback and I generally only comment when I am buying something but I think now I might as well comment a bit more here and there since I never really viewed it from the other perspective, It really doesn’t make you look too credible to have so few posts.
greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #30
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I've had positive experiences on here selling and buying. I really never paid any attention to post count first as I always tried to give people the benefit of the doubt and I like to think they are good honest people. Probably not the real world we live in. Sorry to see this type of stuff happens to anyone.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:09 PM   #31
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robr4793 View Post
You were contacted 5 days day after day about the statues of shipment. I emailed you and called you. You did not reply. I also requested a refund from you. You did not reply and I have this all documented. I did not scam you of anything. Quite simply. I told you I wanted a refund. You did not give it to me. You failed to answer my emails. I ordered another product from another member.
Explain what happened. Sounds like you received it and then asked for a refund. Did you tell Paypal that you didn't receive it?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #32
Smikey

Drives: Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyscale View Post
Damn 100 posts minimum? I better start commenting more.

However good luck to you OP I hope this gets resolved!
Haha mee too, hopefully being a member since 2013 helps but I’m a lurker for sure. I’ve purchase from a few members in the last couple months good thing they didn’t have this rule.
Smikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #33
amc51227

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1le
I am sorry to hear that someone has the nerve to do that. I personally got scammed in the same way selling some Jesel LS1 shaft mount rocker arms. Same thing, he filed a dispute, said they "weren't as described", even thought they were delivered. He disputed the funds, paypal awarded him and shipped me back a box of old garbage ls1 rocker arms in return. I filed countless claims with paypal, providing photos, summaries, everything. They closed the case with him in the win. It was completely garbage. Hope your situation gets solved....
amc51227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #34
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I have had 2 instances where someone attempted to scam me. Both times I was able to obtain there phone number and address. I called many many times and left messages threatening to show up at there door with the local police.... then they cave.
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:08 PM   #35
el Wulf

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc51227 View Post
I am sorry to hear that someone has the nerve to do that. I personally got scammed in the same way selling some Jesel LS1 shaft mount rocker arms. Same thing, he filed a dispute, said they "weren't as described", even thought they were delivered. He disputed the funds, paypal awarded him and shipped me back a box of old garbage ls1 rocker arms in return. I filed countless claims with paypal, providing photos, summaries, everything. They closed the case with him in the win. It was completely garbage. Hope your situation gets solved....
That REALLY bites A$$!!! I think that CRAP is uncalled for & ruins it for both the buyer's & seller's on this forum. Fortunately, had nothing but good experiences purchasing items from forum members & received some great parts at "pay it forward" prices. Only have sold 2 items since joining, and (like all real gearheads) adopted to "pay it forward" with my fellow forum members. May all these chumps that embark in such a negative way be paid forward with a broken piston & rod tearing through their hood!!!

Last edited by el Wulf; 02-27-2018 at 09:22 PM.
el Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #36
scites

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Ya it is bullshit, I seen the email requesting a refund after I shipped the supercharger. I've emailed him tracking numbers the same day I shipped the boxes out. All 3 boxes show delivered. Only email I received back was today,after almost a month ,bitching about this post..this guy is a dirt bag. If I wasn't stationed over seas ,I'd pay the guy a visit. Send the God damn supercharger back robert if you changed your mind..
scites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #37
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robr4793 View Post
You were contacted 5 days day after day about the statues of shipment. I emailed you and called you. You did not reply. I also requested a refund from you. You did not reply and I have this all documented. I did not scam you of anything. Quite simply. I told you I wanted a refund. You did not give it to me. You failed to answer my emails. I ordered another product from another member.
So when are you sending the supercharger back?
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #38
Jloudin75

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Damn...I hate people wanting something for nothing. I don't post a lot, but I do a lot of reading and evaluating info. Great forum, and I've learned a lot from it. If I was wanting to buy something, I'd look like a red flag for not posting up so much...so here's to +1! Lol
Jloudin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #39
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scites View Post
Ya it is bullshit, I seen the email requesting a refund after I shipped the supercharger. I've emailed him tracking numbers the same day I shipped the boxes out. All 3 boxes show delivered. Only email I received back was today,after almost a month ,bitching about this post..this guy is a dirt bag. If I wasn't stationed over seas ,I'd pay the guy a visit. Send the God damn supercharger back robert if you changed your mind..
FYI, he was on here yesterday @ 4:40 pm. Just ck his stats, he knows...
If folks are in his area, maybe pay a friendly (no violence) visit for our friend in the UK and help him out by getting the items reboxed and return ;o)?

If the buyer got his money back, no reason not to return. Maybe file a fraud claim with his local police? Since it’s over $500, they may want to look into it. Direct the police to this thread and provide proof of delivery...they may treat it like a bad check writer...

Who knows , he may have sold it and can’t return it.. thus the police report...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 03-12-2018 at 02:25 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #40
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I travel every week for work. If I am ever sent anywhere near SCal, I will offer my services and time.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #41
Gotit4cheap16

Drives: Victory Red
wow
Gotit4cheap16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:34 PM   #42
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
Robr..... ironic
Lol