Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #43
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Been getting PMs asking me how I got “hooked up” by RKSport and how the car went to SEMA. Also been getting questions about what mods are on the car and a few other things…so thought I’d do a little recap for everyone that might be interested.

Hate to say it…but I’ve never been lucky with anything…this just happened and I’m thankful for it and understand what actually happened here…what I actually got! I’ve built cars before and invested lots of money, time, sweat and tears…I was lucky on this one…very lucky and I know that!

Back in late July RKSport posted up on the forum if anyone would be interested in having a “show car” prepared by them and featured at SEMA. I was on Camaro5 at the time and hit “NEW POSTS” and saw the thread and replied to it…having used RKSports’ products in the past for other cars I’ve had I knew they were a quality product and a respectful company! Thought to myself “sure, let me see what they have planned…not like I’d actually do it!.”

Got a PM from Sean at RKSport in a few minutes after I posted and we went back and forth for about 30 minutes or so in PMs and then I got the drawings for what they had in mind from him in email. Once I saw the drawing I knew I wanted to do this! It was the coolest Camaro I’d seen and if my Camaro SS turned out anything close, I knew I’d be one happy dude! At this time…the wife didn’t know! I had to tell her later what was happening! LOL!

Here was the catch…they wanted the car then, by 3 Aug 09! Not later, not for only a week, not for a month but they wanted it 3 months before SEMA…and they were going to keep it the entire time! Well…back story…I’m active duty Air Force and was schedule to deploy to Afghanistan in Oct 09…so I thought “well yeah, I’ll be without the car for a couple months and then I’d deploy and the car would just sit in the garage while I’m gone”! So Sean and I struck a deal!

This was on a Thursday evening when everything was settled (and I told the wife finally!)…I needed to have the car out to RKSport, 1330 miles away, on Monday morning! So I make plans to drive out there on Saturday and Sunday, sit with RKSport on Monday and fly back to San Antonio on Tuesday. And that’s exactly what happened! Left Saturday morning, rolled in to Cali on Sunday afternoon, sat down with Sean and Mike from RKSport on Monday, went over everything…actually I pretty much said have at it, she’s all yours…and flew home on Tuesday!

Elisio was the fabricator and craftsman who did all the work on the car. He had the Camaro on jack stands within a few minutes after I pulled in to RKSport and went to work! He made everything from scratch on the exterior! He’s a great guy and has skills that I’d love to have! He did an outstanding job on the kit, hood, spoiler and rear diffuser! Thanks Elisio!

I got a ton of photos along the way and even after I deployed I’ve been talking with RKSport via email. The end result is nothing short of amazing! Added bonus was seeing my Camaro SS at SEMA in the Energy Suspension booth and having Magnuson ship a fully polished MP2300 TVS system for them to add for SEMA! Heck everything done to the car has been a bonus to be honest! It’s more than I could have even thought of much less actually own!

As of today, I’m still in Afghanistan and I, much like you, have only seen pictures of the car. I’ve yet to drive it, hear the rumble of the exhaust, feel the power of a supercharged LS3 or see white smoke come of those Hankooks…but I will! I return in early spring from here and will be rolling around San Antonio all summer! Got my room reserved for Camaro5 Fest too…so if you are there you’ll see it in person!

RKSport is still working a few things out for the Camaro so she’s still in Cali and scheduled to be home sometime in early January 2010. I’d like to thank RKSport and everyone there…Mr. Bob (RK) Smith, Mike, Sean and Elisio for all their hard work, their communication with me and their vision to bring together a truly awesome 2010 Camaro SS!

So that’s my story…a crazy one! I’m one lucky SOB!! Here are all the mods done to my Camaro SS.

SPECS: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, M6, SIM with black leather interior (well, Roadwire leather interior now!)

EXTERIOR:
RKSport Ground Effects
RKSport Rear Spoiler
RKSport Extractor Hood
RKSport Rear Carbon Diffuser
Tint by RKSport
GTStyling Light Covers

SUSPENSION/WHEELS/TIRES/ETC:
Eibach Springs (custom)
Energy Suspension Bushings (displayed in their SEMA booth)
Original Rotors Crossed Drilled, Vented and Zinc Coated
TSW Donington Wheels 20 inch Matte Black
Hankook Tires (Ventus V12 Evo)
Gorilla Automotive Products (Lugs)

PERFORMANCE:
Magnuson Polished Supercharger (MP2300 TVS system)
Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust

INTERIOR:
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Roadwire Leather Interior (houndstooth)

EXTRA: (for SEMA)
AFE (Advance Flow Engineering) Intake System (used prior to supercharger install)
MGP Caliper Covers (used during SEMA)
System One Polishing (supplied cleaning supplies for SEMA)

Last edited by Legend; 11-25-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #44
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Great job guys!! :party0038:

I see you used Eibach "custom" springs... are those custom drop springs that are lower than the 1" drop they offer to the public, or something different like coilovers?

Thanks!
Sean
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #45
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Exterior styling is not to my taste... Still tho, very cool- one helluva machine

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #46
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Merry Christmas to you!!!! She's beautiful! am I'm envious lol

Congrats
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #47
CamaroPR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Looks awesome, Good luck!!!
CamaroPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #48
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
What a lucky S.O.B.
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #49
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Awesome looking car, you just need to polish off the GTO logos on the headlight covers.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #50
CaMuzzy
CaMuzzy77

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS ABM
SAAAAAAWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
CaMuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #51
godfathercrc

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
VERY NICE love the hood
godfathercrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #52
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Love the mods!! Those wheels do look awesome on the SIM. I like the blacked out rear panel too. They did you right, First Class.

I can't imagine how much you must be wanting to get home and let that baby roar. (or just see it for that matter) wow

And thanks for your service over there. :flag2:
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #53
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Nice you lucky sob
Old 11-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #54
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
NEW THE NEW N V OF SAN ANTONIO

TOTALLY WICKED AZZ HELL
CANT WAIT TO SEE IT.

BE CAREFUL AND HURRY BACK BRO.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #55
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
yaayyyy...anoooother supercharged Camaro...

i do like the hood though
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #56
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Awesome looking....safe return home...
michael's maro is offline   Reply With Quote