Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #15
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
So far ordered are:
1LE rear sway bar
LCA's
B6 shocks and struts
Swaybar links

Up in the air to order
1LE strut mounts - is there really a difference, or are we drawing straws here
Toe Rods - be it BMR, 1LE, or Z28 (are they worth it)
Lowering springs - dont know who or just stay stock
Front radius inserts

Already own:
AFE (PFADT) solid cradle bushings
BMR Trailing arms
Old 07-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #16
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The part number for the Z28 and ZL1 front strut mounts are the same part# as the SS. I Installed the Z28 rear shock mount and couldn't tell that it was any different than SS other that what looked like an access hole on the metal.

Actually everything in the rear suspension on mine is Z28 other that the sway bar (went with JPSS 32mm) and shocks. I think the Z28 toe rods have rubber covered monoballs, which to me make the most sense, but I installed several pieces at one time and can't say how much each one did
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #17
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
So far ordered are:
1LE rear sway bar
LCA's
B6 shocks and struts
Swaybar links

Up in the air to order
1LE strut mounts - is there really a difference, or are we drawing straws here
Toe Rods - be it BMR, 1LE, or Z28 (are they worth it)
Lowering springs - dont know who or just stay stock
Front radius inserts

Already own:
AFE (PFADT) solid cradle bushings
BMR Trailing arms
Your solid cradle bushings( I just put them on my Z28 and they made a difference) and newer style rear sway bar Probably will make most the difference.
Z28 radius arms work well. I bought these for my 14’ V6, the only difference was delrin inserts instead of rubber. Didn’t make difference on the street. But you can go wrong getting any Z28 part as the earlier camaros suspension was very poor relative to the later year 5th gens.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #18
oachalon

Thanks for the input everyone. At this time i am leaning towards keeping stock springs. I think the b6 and stock springs should work fine.

I think toe rods and the radius arms will complete my setup for now and see what happens.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #19
oachalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Your solid cradle bushings( I just put them on my Z28 and they made a difference) and newer style rear sway bar Probably will make most the difference.
Z28 radius arms work well. I bought these for my 14’ V6, the only difference was delrin inserts instead of rubber. Didn’t make difference on the street. But you can go wrong getting any Z28 part as the earlier camaros suspension was very poor relative to the later year 5th gens.
Do you by chance have the Z28 toe rod part numbers?

Thanks,
Old 07-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #20
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
Do you by chance have the Z28 toe rod part numbers?

Thanks,
I’m guessing your looking for rear suspension link rods. They are the fe5/6 which is the same as Z28 for this part. If you search either the z28 section on this forum or gm parts direct, you’ll find what your looking for. You’ll need to choose your shock/strut/spring combo and then get the (anti)swaybar that compliments your choice. So a softer spring will need stronger swaybar or stronger spring will need softer swaybar. Sounds like you want a softer spring setup. I have aftermarket coilovers so I can set up whatever ride height I desire plus I can adjust them for softer or stiffer ride within minutes. But many complain that coilovers themselves provide to harsh of a ride.
Good luck
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:16 AM   #21
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
If you can swing the $2000,For best ride and handling for the street, Ridetech HQ Coilovers can’t be beat.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #22
oachalon

I already went Bilstein struts and shocks. I am back to considering the BMR 1.25" springs. I also just ordered the BMR toe rods.

So its either springs or done for now.