Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #1
Frankieboy

Drives: 2011 synergy camaro lt
Schoche problem

Does anyone know how to calibrate the screen on this schoche unit? The top heater button ant the top arrow button works intermittently.
Attached Images

Frankieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
Does it do this randomly? Mine played up a lot when I first installed it. Any pressure on the screen from the plastic surround seems to cause issues. I got pissy with it one day and repeatability mashed the screen with my finger in frustration and it works great now. Maybe not the recommended way to sort it but it worked for me.
If it’s simply the buttons do the wrong function then you’re stuck with contacting schoche (ring them) and asking for a solution I guess.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
Frankieboy

My scosche finally quit working. My advice to anyone who wants to try this unit please don’t waste your money.. If scosche reads this reply.Your unit sucks. I’m going to try the pac unit now.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #4
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Scosche Issue Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankieboy View Post
Does anyone know how to calibrate the screen on this schoche unit? The top heater button ant the top arrow button works intermittently.
I'm having just the opposite issue and the heat is stuck in the red and won't go down to the blue for air conditioning. This is my 2nd unit from them as they replaced the first unit which was their older model to the one we have right now.
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #5
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Scosche Response

Here is the response from Scosche

Provided below is the correct way to reset the ITCGM01AB interface.

Also, we recommend you slightly loosen up the four screws holding the touchscreen module in place

Many times the screen may be pushing against the plastic and not allowing for the touchscreen to respond properly

You can try resetting the ITCGM01AB.

The issue you may be experiencing may be due to a data miscommunication between the Scosche interface and the vehicle’s data system. We recommend re-initializing the interface to try and fix your issue.

The way to properly reset the interface is explained below:

1. Turn the vehicle off, take the keys out of the ignition, open a door (doesn’t matter which one),disconnect the 24 pin from the back of the touch screen AC module, and then get into the vehicle with the module disconnected and close all the vehicle doors including the trunk and hood.

2. Wait in the vehicle for 5-7 minutes.

3. During the 5-7 minutes make sure to have everything powered off, do not reopen any doors, do not step out of the vehicle.

4. After 5-7 minutes, plug the 24 pin connector back into the module and start the vehicle all the way on so the engine is running. Make sure not to exit the car or open any doors until after this process is complete. Once you’ve started the car is when the interface should reinitialize and hopefully resolve your issues.

I haven't tried it as of yet.
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:09 PM   #6
Frankieboy

I ended up smashing my scosche. Gen 2 unit. So I got the older unit. I got this thing cheap. So far no problems. Works way better than my other one plus it has push buttons.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #7
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I really wanted the older design with the single screen and buttons, unfortunately mine didn't work straight out of the box, then when I sent it I'm they said was trash basically and sent me the newer version w/ 2 screens. Worked ok at 1st, but less then 2 yrs in, it's stopped responding and Scosche pretty much told me to piss off. Will not warranty it since I don't have a receipt, which I never got anyway due to them swapping it out for my other unit.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #8
Venom15

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I just bought the Scosche ITCGM014AB, however I have more connections coming out of the my car than I can plug into the Scosche harness. Do I need another adapter?
Venom15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 02:23 PM   #9
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533819
This is an old thread now but it might help.

If you want to retain OnStar you need an adapter for that.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:09 PM   #10
Venom15

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533819
This is an old thread now but it might help.

If you want to retain OnStar you need an adapter for that.
Thank you! I was stressing out for nothing. It all worked out. You are correct though. I will need to use an adapter for OnStar and it looks like I’ll need an adapter for the rear camera.
Thank you once again for your response.
Venom15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:35 AM   #11
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Many bulk touchscreens sucks.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote