Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-19-2023, 10:40 AM   #15
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post
Yeah the older Camaros you can but the 15 you can't do that. You can program up to 5 keys but thats it.
Have you checked if 5 keys have already been programmed into the car ?

For example Autel MaxiPRO can do :
-Add 1 key
-Delete or add multiple keys
-All keys lost
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:48 AM   #16
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
I called the dealer, they said 15 Camaro have a recall on the theft system and up to 8 keys can be programed but only they can do it. Same thing the lock smith told me 15's he won't touch as a warning comes up on his scanner. I have an appt on friday at the dealer, they told me 140-180 to program reset the programing to accept all new keys.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:40 AM   #17
PaulsSS

Dealer had to program the anti theft module to accept new keys. Cost 140 dollars, everything works now like it should including the NEW scratch on the top of the drivers rear panel! Luckily its not through the paint because its a long one.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:22 PM   #18
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
$140 is not too bad; I paid around $90 to have a new key cut and fob programmed for mine. The new scratch sucks though.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:50 PM   #19
PaulsSS

Luckily it came right out with some polish, No real damage. Service manager was cool, a woman, tech not so much. She told him right out to program the key reset but he kept trying to program the new remotes with the working key instead. I seen the wrench discussing it with the manager and heard him tell her "he didn't trust the new key fobs" because they didn't have a chevy emblem on them. She got outright mad at him and told him GO PROGRAM THE KEY RESET! Then she turned to me and said "men just can't listen" in a few mins all was fixed.

by the way a 2015 Camaro can program up to 8 keys. Also if you have a seperate Key on a FOB that counts as 2 keys because the Key has a RFD and the remote has a RFD.

Last edited by PaulsSS; 04-22-2023 at 11:01 PM.