Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #127
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
I couldnt believe it either on the manual R/T car. Also noboby has every posted a stock SRT-8 time on the Fast list auto or stick. Its supose to be a 12.9x best but have never seen the slip.
after looking at the link, i noticed that us challenger guys arent as organized as you guys when it comes to a "fastest list."

there have been accounts of lower than 13.5 with a manual, but not many. and since i have no idea if and when slips were posted, it doesnt really matter that i typed that. in fact, i know first hand mine has run faster than that stock (13.39 for my personal "glory pass", the rest of the day i couldnt get lower than 13.6 and i have the manual). i have no proof, unfortunately as i sucked up my slips by accident at the local car wash vac ...so that didnt happen either.

i know you're thinkin, "how convenient", right?
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod

Last edited by mjf6866; 07-19-2010 at 02:21 PM.
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #128
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
13.6-13.8 seems to be a decent run for a R/T
chevymuscle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #129
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
Do you by chance mean 13.58 and 57?
No, I meant 12.57 and 12.58. These are the fasted times I've seen posted for stock 2011 GT's so far.

And whats with all this Camaro enthusiast, Mustang enthusiast BS. What's wrong with just being a car enthusiast. I think its pretty narrow minded to keep your loyalties tied to one brand or make.

Some of you take this whole brand thing *way* too seriously. But I have to say, the rivalry is great. It's a win-win for the consumer that doesn't give a crap about brand loyalty.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #130
nhra stocker

Drives: 69,10 camaro 71 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
No, I meant 12.57 and 12.58. These are the fasted times I've seen posted for stock 2011 GT's so far.
Yes you're right , I had Challenger on the brain and thought you were talking about them.
1982 Siverado 4x4 454 Mud truck stock class 3.66 sec in 150' of mud
nhra stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #131
CamaroBelarus

Drives: black 2SS
Im voting to rename the thread to "Supermans great choice and his "taste friends" and delete ViperTomcat's review. The guy seems just cant understand that ppl coming here at least to discuss challenger R/T times, not his amazing move to another platform.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #132
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Huh? Enrish prease.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #133
CamaroBelarus

Dont know such language? Enrish? Like Irish?...

As for english. Well, sorry, its not my even 3d language. So mistakes are forgivable.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #134
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBelarus View Post
Im voting to rename the thread to "Supermans great choice and his "taste friends" and delete ViperTomcat's review. The guy seems just cant understand that ppl coming here at least to discuss challenger R/T times, not his amazing move to another platform.
The man reviewed all 3 cars. So it's a good thread to discuss all 3 cars in.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #135
CamaroBelarus

Yeah we tried...
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #136
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
The man reviewed all 3 cars. So it's a good thread to discuss all 3 cars in.
I'll be able to give my review of the automatic 2011 GT on the way down from Orlando tommorow.

CamaroBelarus,

I've tried to answer all your questions as well. This thread is about comparing all three cars so it is fair game to discuss reviews and comparisons. It is not only about R/T track times.. For that you can go and create a thread called "True Challenger R/T track times".. However I have no problems with that being discussed in here, just give me a break with all this anti-Supermans posts. You're taking this too personal here. If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and they dissapear. Peace..
Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #137
CamaroBelarus

Just read again, what ultrazls1 wrote for u. It might be a bit offensive, but at least its true. And all u are speaking is: "please someone, tell me im doing right thing buying stang!"

So, there are some new forums waiting for ur great opinion, where u will get support u need for sure. We have enough mustang trolls to read and argue with. Adding excamaro owners to them dont make us happy.

PS: I might use ur advice "If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore and they dissapear." I do not. Everyone understand u are not discussing stang vs challenger vs camaro, just trying to get support in a move, which is for the most of camaro owners on this site.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #138
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I honestly don't care what you think about me personally. I know what's in my heart. As for you, a true Camaro enthusiast does not make judgments on others as quickly as you are doing. You are not the type of person I would want to be a friend of in this forum quite honestly.

I am as much a Mustang enthusiast as I am a Camaro enthusiast. Not one more than the other. I've owned many GM and Ford vehicles over the years always remaining with American cars when I buy by choice. When I saw the Camaro Concept car back in its debut, I was amazed at the unique look of the car. After watching transformers that cemented my lust for the car and I joined this forum and worked hard to be able to pay for it. I had contected dealers before pre-orders started getting on lists that didn't exist yet for the pre-order. I joined this forum and got to meet some amazing people who also shared my love for the car. I shared my opinions on what the car should include for the interior and how the design changes for the production vehicle were true to the concept or not. I wanted the car to look like the concept just as much as anybody else. I was here for the (these are not he real headlights) era. When the production vehicle spyshots appeared, I was here for that. I was on this forum everyday pretty much since I joined for hours on end.. You can tell me what you think of me and how I'm not a true enthusiast but it really doesn't faze me since I know I am and many others on here do as well. I am doing this trade in simply because I like the way the Mustang GT feels when I drive it. The interior is of higher quality and the seats are more comfortable to me with the lumbar support on the GT premium model. I've driven the Camaro 1SS in cloth for a year now so I know how comfortable it is and I do feel the cloth Camaro is more comfortbale than the leather trim Camaro as well for me which is part of the reason I chose cloth. I got to sit in the Camaro and test drive one before my car came in when I had enough time to cancel the pre-order. I did not cancel because I loved the car.. I am proud to be a Camaro owner and a member of this site. So what if I am trading it in for another car at this point.

As for those questioning why I would bring up this decision in this thread. I had just driven the GT the day before I read this thread and at that point was undecided in what I wanted to do. I was already looking to trade in my 2010 Camaro for another 2011 Camaro for an automatic so my wife could drive it but the color combination I wanted wouldn't be available till next month. By then it would be too late to get the 2.99% apr financing with my credit union.

Instead of creating my own thread about this, posting it here seemed like the best choice since I do agree with the fair review by the thread starter of all three. He agree's with me that the visibilty of the Camaro is it's biggest downfall for being a daily driver in comparison with its competiton. I am already used to not being able to see the street light when I pull up to one close to the line and have to bend forward to look up to see if it turns green. When backing up into a busy street, I am used to not being able to look over my shoulder and see if a car is coming or not. I am used to having such a large rearview mirror (which should be higher up) taking away front-right visibility as well. These are compromises you have to make in order to have such a beautifully sculpted low roof line on the Camaro. Since safety is a concern for me when my wife drives the car, it is safer for her to be able to see out the windows better while she drives and not have to worry about a manual transmission on top of that. Especially since she wouldn't be able to drive it everyday like I have and get used to driving it. I have to say the Mustang GT does feel larger inside because of the larger windows all around and smaller pillars. Overall it makes for a more comfortable city driving vehicle. That along with automatic for my wife are imprtant reasons for the trade in. And there is one vehicle in all of Florida with the Kona Blue, saddle and automatic combination I was looking for. Well, in about an hour I will be driving up to Orlando so this will be my last post until tonight. I will be heading to the dealer in the morning and be back here posting with pictures tommorow night if all goes well and I have a safe trip.

Thanks for all of those fellow Camaro enthusiasts coming to my defence here, I appreciate it.
I stand by my comment.

I DO NOT consider you a camaro enthusiast. You consider me as some type of bad person and judgmental because I came to this decision as a true camaro enthusiast. You bought the car because you liked how it looked on transformers and sold it for a mustang 1 year later. Again I am sorry if it offends you...but I do not consider that a camaro enthusiast.

How many other camaros have you owned?

If that makes you hate me / not consider me your "friend" on here than I apologize.

I never spoke of how you were as a person or your character. You took it that far. If anyone is being judgmental about someone personally, it would have to be you in this case.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #139
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'll be able to give my review of the automatic 2011 GT on the way down from Orlando tommorow.
Please do.

I test drove the 6-speed manual version recently, so it will be cool to see how the 6-speed auto feels to a fellow car guy.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #140
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Nice review. I think it is on point.

If I was reviewing the cars I would have included the outside appearance. Out of the three, I feel the Camaro has the best overall styling, and as you said the most unique interior.

Fast can be made up. A quick tune and I am at 12.9, and then maybe a few more tenths when I learn to race properly. The Camaro can be a lightning car as well, but the Mustang will never roll from the assembly line looking as good.

Great review once again!
edog is offline   Reply With Quote