Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #8149
louperrault
Former 2010 owner :(

Drives: 2011 Siverado C/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
I have no problem with the men and women of the UAW, I support them. I do however have a problem with the UAW leadership that pushed GM into Barry Obama's arms.

As for being made in Canada, I've got to say the Camaro is the best built GM vehicle I've ever owned. The Canadians are doing a fine job, dare I say better than America's UAW workers.

They have done a fantasic job with my car!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #8150
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
The final assembly is rarely the cause of problems, it's usually the quality and/or the design of individual components, many of which are made in China among other countries. Look closely and you'll see Made in China on many of the Camaro's components.

For my small business I have products produced in China, let me say that their quality is restricted only by the level of production management you're willing to provide and the detail of your product specifications. The Chinese will build EXACTLY what you specify; where the specifications lack they'll take the least expensive route. So ultimately the quality of products made in China is controlled by the contracting company.
I'm not getting into our countries trades policies with you in this thread. If you care to remember or maybe you didn't even read it all , I was merely pointing out that one of your complaints about the mustang having a UAW sticker on the quarter glass made no sense when the very car you own was built by union labor. Regardless of weather it has the sticker or not that's a fact. Like I said If you hate Union labor so bad ,which is becoming painfully clear with every key stroke you type, then why don't you go buy a car that doesn't use union labor.

Let's face it, you only typed the last comment to stir the pot. Because really, it has nothing to do with the kind of car the mustang is. You know stickers are very easy to remove now a days.

Last edited by motorhead; 07-29-2010 at 09:01 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #8151
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
Funny...and also ironic....back in the day, I posted on more than one forum that my 99 Cobra would have been damn near perfect (for me) if it had come with an 8.8 live axle and an LS1.
You also used to mention that in person as well at the track.. I remember it now that you brought it up.. I had forgoten that. Old age..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #8152
Americanmuscle11

Drives: car
Quote:
I have no problem with the men and women of the UAW, I support them. I do however have a problem with the UAW leadership that pushed GM into Barry Obama's arms.

As for being made in Canada, I've got to say the Camaro is the best built GM vehicle I've ever owned. The Canadians are doing a fine job, dare I say better than America's UAW workers.
GM had quite a few more problems leading to the bailout then the UAW issue. Where should we start? GM up until recently use to have: Build Quality(bad), Designs (dated), Marketing (lack of), Business (poor management), What the consumer demanded(lack of). A few years ago GM did not compete well at all against anyone in the midsized segment. A very important segment in the automotive business. Now they're doing much better.
The reason why the new Camaro is the best built GM vehicle you've owned is do to the fact from day 1 it was designed, engineered and assembled right. This is the direction all future GM's are going and the way it should of been before. The Oshawa Plant is one of the highest ranked GM plants for quality.
Americanmuscle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #8153
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
While waiting for my daily driver to be serviced (Toyota) I walked over to the Ford dealership to look at the new 5.0 Mustangs. Here are my impressions,

1) The engine compartment is beautiful, the cross member over the engine adds a nice finishing touch.
2) The rear end styling is horrible, flat out ugly.
3) Nothing new here, but the front end styling is second to none; it gives the Mustang that aggressive classic muscle car look.

10) They have a UAW sticker on the window...WTF? That alone would turn me away. Even though Barry Obama and the UAW own GM they don't (not yet at least) put their logo on their cars.
With regard to styling, in general the Stang can't come close to the Camaro. Plain and simple.

I get from people all day long, young and old. The current Stang will never see that.

As far as the UAW sticker is concerned, while I admit it's odd they put it on the car ... it's only a sticker. It's presence is not going to make me buy/not buy a car.

And don't even get me started on Barry Obama and all the other left-wing liberal nut cases that are ruining this country.
SummitWhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #8154
SSACCO

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
10) They have a UAW sticker on the window...WTF? That alone would turn me away. Even though Barry Obama and the UAW own GM they don't (not yet at least) put their logo on their cars.
Now I know why the stang is a touch faster than the SS. EVERYBODY knows stickers make cars go faster.

UAW Local 31 here btw, and proud of it.
SSACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #8155
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
With regard to styling, in general the Stang can't come close to the Camaro. Plain and simple.

I get from people all day long, young and old. The current Stang will never see that.

As far as the UAW sticker is concerned, while I admit it's odd they put it on the car ... it's only a sticker. It's presence is not going to make me buy/not buy a car.

And don't even get me started on Barry Obama and all the other left-wing liberal nut cases that are ruining this country.

i love the styling of both cars, the Camaro won me over though.
both cars are awsome to me. I think the rivalry stuff is good fun, but I'm not brand loyal though. had a couple fords a few GM's and on my third dodge (2 jeeps) there was a honda mitsubishi and a suzuki in there somewhere too.

oh, I also voted for the old POW.. not for the Kenyan.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #8156
racer515

Drives: Various
GM had quite a few more problems leading to the bailout then the UAW issue. Where should we start? GM up until recently use to have: Build Quality(bad), Designs (dated), Marketing (lack of), Business (poor management), What the consumer demanded(lack of). A few years ago GM did not compete well at all against anyone in the midsized segment. A very important segment in the automotive business. Now they're doing much better.
The reason why the new Camaro is the best built GM vehicle you've owned is do to the fact from day 1 it was designed, engineered and assembled right. This is the direction all future GM's are going and the way it should of been before. The Oshawa Plant is one of the highest ranked GM plants for quality.

Very true. For these reasons, I have not liked GM vehciles for some time. I owned several when I was younger and they were great vehicles. I recently purchased a Chevrolet as a daily communter (yes, I'm one of those Mustang guys for my hot rod) and I'm impressed with it. Nothing fancy, but it does its job well and I get fantastic gas mileage. While I was purchasing it, I had a chance to check out some of their other newer offerings. I have to say I was quite surprised.

Hopefully with all the past issues, management has their head in the proper location and the company will flourish.
racer515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #8157
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
What's the big deal about having a Union sticker on the car?
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #8158
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
idk, you can always take the sticker off... i think it says "quality is our #1 job" and the UAW logo is this little thing in the corner. i say who cares, if they want to put a sticker on and the car is built well then if i don't like the sticker i can just take it off.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #8159
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
idk, you can always take the sticker off... i think it says "quality is our #1 job" and the UAW logo is this little thing in the corner. i say who cares, if they want to put a sticker on and the car is built well then if i don't like the sticker i can just take it off.
the op was just looking for a reason to blow off about how much he hates union labor. I don't think he really cares about the sticker. I got a wonder if he even test drove a mustang at all.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #8160
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
the op was just looking for a reason to blow off about how much he hates union labor. I don't think he really cares about the sticker. I got a wonder if he even test drove a mustang at all.
I'm sure he looked at one and probably sat in one..but the comment about the shifter is a problem..because everyone I've talked to, including my fiance (who drove both the M6 SS Camaro and the M6 5.0 Mustang) said the shifter in the Mustang is much better.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #8161
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:

Have no issue with the Canucks. The thing is we design they just build it. Chances are the car is probably designed in japan anyways.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #8162
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post

NO S*** peel it off. Im sure that was Obama's plan you know, get the hell out of here.

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video