Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-08-2022, 08:08 PM   #29
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Same here I like to hear the car, music is just for back ground, but I still want it to sound good.
without getting into sound processors just use the simple rule of thumb, decent good decks put out 4v on the RCA's....the higher the voltage the better the unit.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:26 PM   #30
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
You could just Google it, but here's their main page.

https://digitaloctopusradio.com

Here is the model closest to what I have.

https://digitaloctopusradio.com/products/do10-15
This is the best looking unit I've seen thus far, does your heads up display still work with this unit
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 12:16 AM   #31
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
This is the best looking unit I've seen thus far, does your heads up display still work with this unit
The HUD works but no longer shows radio info like stations. Steering wheel controls the radio volume and mute like OEM. To answer a phone call, one needs to touch the answer button on the touch screen.
FasNuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:39 AM   #32
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Fast since i watch all of your videos ( Not the Hyundai ones lol ) you should do a review on the radio.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #33
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Fast since i watch all of your videos ( Not the Hyundai ones lol ) you should do a review on the radio.
I have a video waiting in the queue to be edited but it's not a review, just more of an install. It's not exactly the same radio as you can buy from Digital Octopus so I'm not sure if I'll make a review. There are quite a few videos reviewing DO's radio out there now.
Thanks for watching Joe.

Last edited by FasNuf; 10-11-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:30 PM   #34
Jaycee85

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
This is an Alibaba head unit. Digital Octopus sells one similar and will have better customer support, but expect to pay a little more.
I'll eventually get to editing an install video. I liked this unit because I could see all the gauges on my quad cluster. Has Apple CarPlay. wifi, bluetooth, touchscreen, aux inputs, EQ, tons of stuff. Knobs feel cheap. I have the AUX connected to a front camera so I dont hit curbs. Had to buy a rear facing camera, the OEM one wont interface.

That looks really nice but did you lose any functionality? I’m worried about the HUD and the seat warmers not That looks really nice but did you lose any functionality? I’m worried about the HUD and the seat warmers not working.

.[/QUOTE]

.[/QUOTE]
Jaycee85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:20 PM   #35
FasNuf

[QUOTE=Jaycee85;11240656]That looks really nice but did you lose any functionality? I’m worried about the HUD and the seat warmers not That looks really nice but did you lose any functionality? I’m worried about the HUD and the seat warmers not working.

Like mentioned above, the only HUD portion missing is the radio station isn't showing. Seat warmers are fine. My Onstar doesn't work and I don't want to fix it with the OBDII option.

Any questions and real concerns should probably be directed at Digital Octopus if you're seriously considering this radio since that's most likely who you'll be buying from and their product CANbus may be a little different.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:38 PM   #36
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I just Like the Look of The original My link Radio
My prior Radio went Bad
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:59 AM   #37
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Digital Octopus unit in my 2010 SS. Love the unit but very little info on operating the unit. Still no updates to show temp in F not C. And speed from KPH to MPH.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:50 AM   #38
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Are they actually still in business? All products show as "sold out". Here's a pic from their site:
Old 11-20-2022, 08:42 PM   #39
Red.bottom

Drives: 14 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Are they actually still in business? All products show as "sold out". Here's a pic from their site:
Yes they are. They usually do pre orders and then sell out. Best way to know when there’s a restock coming is to follow their Instagram
Red.bottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:30 PM   #40
moose517

Drives: 2013 1SS

Haven't been able to really afford to do many cool performance mods, but been unhappy with BT dropping out/not working and onstar issues so I went ahead and replaced the head unity finally. Went with the Maestro setup with the iDataLink RR2 and a Pioneer 4660nex. Even with stock speakers the sound difference is insane and wasn't too hard to do. ALso took the opportunity to run RCA cables and remote turn on wire to the trunk along with a backup cam, dunno if I'll ever install a sub in the trunk but I figure if I'm already popping trim and such for the backup cam wiring I might as well run it and save me trouble later, all i'd have to do is wire it up

Went with the RR2 as well because of the programmable outputs, when i get the rest of the things i need I'll have to do write up on the idea i had with that.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:40 AM   #41
DavyPale

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
RPK GM4101 in Croatian Camaro

Hi guys, I just couldn't find earlier an appropriate part of forum where I could introduce myself, found it later on.

This is RPK installation in my 2010 Camaro SS.
Regards from Dubrovnik, Croatia
Attached Images

DavyPale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 04:03 AM   #42
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
I have recently installed the Digital Octopus DOTS-1015 into my 2013 ZL1 and it works well.

My system configuration is a little complex with the DOTS-1015 running Plex Media Player casting over Wi-Fi to a Win 10 PC running Plexamp and Plex Media Server with 1TB of FLAC music which is the routed via 5.1 TOSLINK to a Alpine DSP PXA-H800 ie. no DACs in the signal chain. The DOTS-1015 has all the functionality and versatility that you would expect from Android to support this configuration.

The DOTS-1015 supports all of the Camaro CAN signalling that is needed, and "more". The "more" is support for other manufacturer's or vehicles, which means that there are some menu and screen functions that are present but are inactive eg. HVAC supports dual zone which the ZL1 does not have. The DOTS-1015 large screen modernises the look of the dashboard, and I am happy to be with out the stock non-viewable console gauges and funky HVAC controls. Android OS and applications update automatically and regularly, so the system must be "phoning home" over the LTE connection.

Photos are of Plex Media Player and Waze split-screen view - Plex Media Player album view - Plex Media Player libary view - Waze full screen - SxxTxxxx Amp rack with cover off and Zotac ZBOXNANO-ID68-U PC & Alpine DSP PXA-H800 & DSP PDX-V9 amplifier - SxxTxxxx box and Alpine SWS-10D4 sub-woofer - SPS-610CG 2-way components mounted in parcel tray (tweeter in C-pillar) & cross-overs & LTE modem with omni-directional quad antenna, and rear seat pass-though is retained (SPS-610CG 2-way components are also mounted in doors, with all speaker routing using OFC cable) - power supply and audio system is autonomous from starting battery, "real" 0.47F capacitor array, Victron 360W DC-DC charger from engine alternator to 40AH LTO battery array, DCDCNUC 19V power supply, TDK DC contactors, KnuKonceptz cable & fuse/distribution blocks.
Attached Images

NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote