Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-07-2023, 06:14 AM   #1
shredder7

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
AFTER MARKET HID HEADLIGHTS, DRIVER FRONT SIDE MARKER & REAR TAIL LIGHTS NOT WORKING

I bought a 2015 Camaro LS 3 years ago & got the stock lights w/ non halo removed. And I immediately purchased AfterMarket headlamps w/ Halo lights on E bay & purchased 2014-2015 Camaro Non-RS to RS Headlight Harness from GEN 5 DIY at the same time I purchased the vehicle. Got them installed from the used car dealer mechanic where I bought this car.
It's been 3 years but 2 weeks ago, But I noticed that

1) both Halo lights are still on, but both head lights low beam don't go on, but the Hi-beams work
2) Driver front side Marker is not on
3) Driver rear tail lights don't turn on.
I have taken it to 4 mechanics that work on electrical and they trouble shoot & said that it's not the bulbs , and not the light switch.
My last mechanic who installed these After market halo lights and harness said that it could be the light module control that controls all these lights, and need to take it to the Chevrolet dealer repair.I called GEN 5 DIY and he said that when you get those side marker lights to work, both low beam head lights will work. I told my mechanic that , but he disagreed.
WE went to a Chevy dealer, and looks like they want to put back the Stock LS lights that have no Halos back on ((YUCK)) that's the reason why I bought these after market lights RS to fit in my2015 LS Camaro to look like RS or SS model have those Halo lights.
I.m going to take it to a last mechanic who works on electrical on April 19. as my last resort & he will look at it before working on it.
I am in Honolulu, Hawaii and I don't know any auto electrical mechanic who can get these After market lights to work. Someone said there are custom mechanics who specialize in making Computer light modules to program the lights to work w/ after market light in other states like California. Can someone please help me?
I really don't want go back & have those old stock LS headlights w/ no halo lights installed . I love my car with those Halo after market lights. Can some one refer me to a qualified technician to help us out, to get this to work PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! I really don't want the police giving me citations on these lights NOT working!!
I have posted these after market lights & Harness on two posts (See attachments), but no one seems to help me. Please help me . You're help is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to help Thank you
Attached Images

shredder7 is offline   Reply With Quote