Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-22-2023, 08:14 PM   #1
Ckmerc

Drives: 2013 zl1
MyLink replacement recommendations

Been reading a lot of good info. here and was hoping to get some of your thoughts given everyone’s experience

I have a 2013 zL1. I am looking for the best direct replacement for the factory MyLink that has Apple CarPlay (ideally wireless)… (don’t need Nav like my current factory radio….Apple Maps integration with modern head units is fine)

Will probably have someone (audio car shop) do the install.

Just looking for a couple recommendations please that would
Fit in current radio template but with good new tech and least amount of
Glitches.

Thanks so much in advance…these forums are fantastic!
Ckmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
I cant preach enough about the idatalink maestro cam1 and rr1 or rr2, this system allows u to install a quality 7" headunit while maintaining steering wheel controls and adding on its own features. I have the cam1 w,/rr2 mated to a Kenwood dmx907s. the rr2 allows radar detector integration and has 4programmable outputs so u can turn on/off any switched add-on, I had line lock and nos on mine. PAC is another brand that is an alternative but outside of these 2 your not gonna get much support.
there are other brands that are similar but it depends if you want quality or something that will just work....been reading a lot on Reddit and if u don't like glitches the digital octopus is taking a serious chance, there have been several that burnt up or caught fire.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:00 PM   #3
Ckmerc

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
I cant preach enough about the idatalink maestro cam1 and rr1 or rr2, this system allows u to install a quality 7" headunit while maintaining steering wheel controls and adding on its own features. I have the cam1 w,/rr2 mated to a Kenwood dmx907s. the rr2 allows radar detector integration and has 4programmable outputs so u can turn on/off any switched add-on, I had line lock and nos on mine. PAC is another brand that is an alternative but outside of these 2 your not gonna get much support.
there are other brands that are similar but it depends if you want quality or something that will just work....been reading a lot on Reddit and if u don't like glitches the digital octopus is taking a serious chance, there have been several that burnt up or caught fire.

Thanks. So I found this on Crutchfield https://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADS...f4c978889ce926

So this is an interface and you need to buy a new head unit that will replace my “7 factory mylink screen. (You choose a Kenwood). Am I correct?

Please let me know and thanks!!
Ckmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 12:11 AM   #4
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
u also need this, scroll down and check out customers Pics:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_794KCA...er-reviews-tab

the idatalink site(maybe maestro,link used to be at the top of the idatalink site) has a list of compatible headunits or manufacturers market that their headunit is idatalink compatible.
check eBay and shop around for the cam1, great deals pop up from time to time. decide if u need the rr2 instead of the rr1cuz there was a shortage on them that drove the price up, u can still find them discounted if u look and wait but for the little extra it gives u it might not be worth it for u.
either way it's a great system especially if ur into engine data.
I chose Kenwood because I wanted a head unit that has widgets, radar compatibility and phone mirroring plus sound was very important...>4volts on rca
edit; search this site, there's lots of info on it here.

Last edited by bottletalk; 04-23-2023 at 12:23 AM.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote