Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 AM   #29
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post
Look forward to seeing you guys on the streets, or preferably, the strip. Hopefully Chevy will deliver your car before gas prices kill it. Having you guys around will give the Honda boys someone else to go bother instead of me. Any word on a projected release date? You guys have to be frustrated having GM drag your hopes along for this car for years now, meanwhile Challengers are already on the streets. Not rubbing salt in the wound, but I understand the frustration.

Well, what GM was doing was giving ford a chance to catch up since a 98 ls1 will still run with if not a beat a new stang,
Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #30
05GT-O.C.D.

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
Well, what GM was doing was giving ford a chance to catch up since a 98 ls1 will still run with if not a beat a new stang,
Like others have said, this is why the Mustang community welcomes back the Camaro. The competition is good for everyone. Ford needs motivation to keep up a strong powerplant. While it was nice of GM to give Ford the opportunity to catch up, if it wasn't for the success of the S197 Mustang we might not be seeing vehicles like the Challenger and Camaro, and instead we'd be driving 350Zs and RX-8's.

Edit: I mean 350 Zzzzzzz's
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #31
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Kind of reminds me of when Art Model stole our Browns, our main rival the Pittsburgh Steelers supported us and the movement to get our Browns back.

And then they were our enemies again!
If I ever see that jackass Model on the street, old man or not, I'm gonna whoop his ass!!!!!!

Sorry, back to the topic at hand. Welcome to the site. Friendly rivalry is good, it improves the breed. I for one think the new mustang is a great looking car. Having the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger on the streets helps all three AMERICAN companies.
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:54 AM   #32
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Quote:
Like others have said, this is why the Mustang community welcomes back the Camaro. The competition is good for everyone. Ford needs motivation to keep up a strong powerplant. While it was nice of GM to give Ford the opportunity to catch up, if it wasn't for the success of the S197 Mustang we might not be seeing vehicles like the Challenger and Camaro, and instead we'd be driving 350Zs and RX-8's.

Edit: I mean 350 Zzzzzzz's
I'll pass on the rice...I did think about a 3rd gen rx-7 with a ls-1 though...Saw a new chally today(Orange with black stripes) Looks great!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 AM   #33
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Nice post. I tease Ford alot but truely I would rather be in a Stang over any ricer or even the Challenger to be honest. Welcome!

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #34
SMG

Drives: '06 Mustang GT
As someone who's been a pony car fan for as long as I can remember, I absolutely love the fact that buyers will soon be able to choose between Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers for the first time in decades. In these tough times where all we hear about is "going green", hybrids, CAFE, and rising gas prices, the last thing anyone needs to be doing is putting down any company that is still pumping out rwd V8 muscle. I wasn't around for the first pony car wars, but I was right in the thick of the fun we had in the '80s and '90s comparing Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and turbo Buicks. With that being said, unless Ford pulls out some serious stops on the next Mustang, or Dodge offers some crazy finance deals on the Challenger down the road, my next car will definately be an RS/SS Camaro. I've always loved the Camaro, but could never afford the Z28 or the SS I always wanted. I'm thankful that I should be in a position to get one this time around. Here's my current ride. It's an '06 Mustang GT with a few bolt-ons.

SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #35
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
I will be adding a Camaro to my collection as well. I dont think it gets better than having a Shelby and an SS Camaro. Best of both worlds.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #36
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
If I ever see that jackass Model on the street, old man or not, I'm gonna whoop his ass!!!!!!

Sorry, back to the topic at hand. Welcome to the site. Friendly rivalry is good, it improves the breed. I for one think the new mustang is a great looking car. Having the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger on the streets helps all three AMERICAN companies.
Too bad the same sentiment wasn't around when the Colts snuck out in the middle of the night and it took Baltimore over 10 years to get a team.

Go Ravens!
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #37
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Its good to hear that there is at least some mutual respect between the Mustang and Camaro crowd. Without the Mustang (then or now) I doubt the Camaro would ever have existed. They are called pony cars for a reason. That being said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
they got tired of waiting.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #38
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
Trust me..... there was a while when Art Model would have been more villified in Cleveland than Bin Laden.

And I am really serious.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #39
jmliptak

Drives: D
I thought I had heard Modell was dead, but I cannot find any proof of that...Not exactly on his Christmas card list myself....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #40
camaro_burns_all

Drives: 04 Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter View Post
Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Long live American muscle!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

Thanks for hearing me out friends. Enjoy your car!
thanks for the motivation. However that forum, i did try to talk about the camaro in your offtopic, all i got was bunch of little kids in denial and over jealoused owners who refuse to accept the fact that v6 camaro can stay in par with a mustang gt.

And their rationalization was, wait till the 5.0 DI 2010 Mustang comes out or the camaro is too heavy, or mustang will again outsell the camaro
camaro_burns_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #41
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Hopefully Chevy will deliver your car before gas prices kill it.
Not gonna happen. Unlike last time there's a true commitment to keep these affordable fun to drive domestics on the road. As you know Ford has solutions for fuel efficient but powerful drivetrains as does GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
No offense, but the Challenger absolutely reeks of "rush job" now that I've seen the Camaro.

I'm happy they took their time!
Couldn't agree more. Only the Stang comes close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter View Post
Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Long live American muscle!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

Thanks for hearing me out friends. Enjoy your car!
And thank you for bridging the "gap". I'm a Stang fan who has had an appreciation for the cars since childhood. It's nice to see the Big 3 pony cars come together again for a good ol' celebration of the American performance car come back. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys both on the streets and the strip.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #42
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
I love all three. If I could afford it, I'd buy all of them. I have a Stang now and I'm trying to figure out if i want a Camaro or another Stang in 2011. The Challenger is too heavy and expensive.

I gotta say, you guys are pretty cool around here. You couldn't have a civilized conversation like this on a lot of other forums.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote