Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Tom1985

Drives: 85 Camaro sport 305 vin H
Third Gen Camaro heater core replacement

Hi all, I posted a beginning question on an existing thread with no reply (read all the related threads here, and watched all utubes available already) -none address this basic 1st step. so I found a picture from someone else's dash area (MINE is different it appears) to explain my basic question as I am totally inexperience with the dash area, and don't want to do unnessary work.

In the pictured dash below it appears that the lower part of the dash is a seperate piece that allows him tp remove it and gain access to the upper two bolts ( far left and center bolts of the 5 on the heater box cover) On mine, it appears that the entire dash plastic is all one piece requiring removal of tons of stuff to get the entire dash off.

Is that true, or am i wrong? It appears that different years and/or firebird vs camaro dashes are different in that way, thus on mine making a difficult job even more difficult

thank-you for any guidance and or picture of a ONE whole piece dash like I may have, so I can see the extent of what needs to come off. Tom

Tom1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
IIRC, You have to pull the whole dash. It's been a decade since I did mine. Go to www.thirdgen.org for this project. Any and all info you need will be there. This is a very common repair for these cars and NOBODY likes doing it. It is a PITA!
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive Camaro Disorder View Post
IIRC, You have to pull the whole dash. It's been a decade since I did mine. Go to www.thirdgen.org for this project. Any and all info you need will be there. This is a very common repair for these cars and NOBODY likes doing it. It is a PITA!
I could not agree more. I felt so guilty when my husband (a very good DIYer and knows his way around the garage) spent a whole Sunday performing this repair to my 91.
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote