Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
elvism

Drives: 08 BMW X5, 05 MUSTANG GT
Any new news from dealers on taking deposits

or waiting list? been quiet lately. i guess i just cant wait for this car to come out
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
All depends on the dealers in your area and their policies on taking the deposit. Personally, I wouldn't put a penny down unless it was fully refundable and you had a guaranteed price under, at, or above MSRP. Actually, I wouldn't put a deposit down unless I was at the dealer placing my order and I had to make the deposit to hold my Camaro when it arrived at my dealer. Don't put yourself in a bind. Not worth it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:56 AM   #3
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Exactly. I'm waiting. Plus if I can I am ordering mine as direct from GM as I possibly can get. If they mark it up too much I'll go buy a Dodge Challenger through AAFES on my next deployment for under MSRP. Dealers are doing the same thing with my Harley. They are marking it up to nearly $20000 when MSRP is $16500. I got mine from AAFES for $15200. After the extended service plan, the added on security system, and delivery fees, etc., I'm paying $17200 out the door. I hate dealers. Especially ones that try to treat you like you're a retard. Basically I'm looking for one to go through the motions to get me my car. I've done my research, and if they can't meet my demands, I'll find somebody who will.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Another reason for me to really dislike harley!!!

At this point I'm a GMAC Realtor. so i'll probabally get below MSRP on the car. I too want to order one from the factory with the things that I want not some simple package.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Exactly. Custom ordering is the way to go. Especially if you are keeping the car for a really long time. Who knew that those custom ordered GTO Judges from 1969-70 would be worth so much? Plus it makes the car truly yours.

As far as HD goes, its just the dealers that I can't stand. That and the fact that the wife won't let me get a Hayabusa. To me one drag bike is as good as another. I'm not trying to be the fastest thing on two wheels.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
stevenm357

As a person who looks for most bang for my buck the harley folks around here are always bragging about their bike. this, that. when almost any import will wlak all over them for under 7K i can buy a bike that will trounce theirs. that and i don't like the loud assed pipes, it's just rude in most cases... i love a good amount of engine sound. but not ear piercing. Then after experiencing a BMW cruiser... i can't laugh enough at harley's .. bi comfy bike that will do 170MPH and 50 MPG... well maybe once i get my camaro i'll look that way!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Yeah I'm not too into the loud pipes chopper type Harleys. The only ones I really like are the VRSC models. They're racy and unique. I plan on turbocharging mine and running it at the track. As far as the Japenese sportbikes go, I like those too but I can't fit on half of them. I rode my buddy's '05 GSXR 1000 and my elbows were hitting my knees the whole time. I'm not even that tall (6ft). I love the Hayabusa and ZX-12, but the wife won't let me get a bike that fast, but she's letting me turbocharge my Night Rod Special. Go figure. The turbo is good for 165 at the rear wheel and about a 10.1 in the 1/4, which is plenty fast for me. Now to get back on topic, I hope Chevy speeds things up a bit. Only 288 days until the official unveiling of the production Challenger. I'm getting extremly impatient for a new musclecar.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
hi a newbie here, like some of you I am waiting for the new camaro to come out and I went to the dealer yesterday and put down a deposit for one, I got in writing that the price will be at MSRP (don't know how much yet) and I will get first dibs of the first batch of cars that the dealer gets, needles to say I can't wait to get my car.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
hi a newbie here, like some of you I am waiting for the new camaro to come out and I went to the dealer yesterday and put down a deposit for one, I got in writing that the price will be at MSRP (don't know how much yet) and I will get first dibs of the first batch of cars that the dealer gets, needles to say I can't wait to get my car.
Actually, shouldn't you get first dibs on ORDERING one of the first Camaro's the way you want it rather than taking what they get on the lot?

PS- Welcome to the site.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Actually, shouldn't you get first dibs on ORDERING one of the first Camaro's the way you want it rather than taking what they get on the lot?

PS- Welcome to the site.
Welcome to the site as well! And yes...I would imagine that if I were paying for a brand new 30K Camaro, I'd be getting what I wanted. Make sure it's to ORDER your new Camaro and not to just take what they have...unless that's okay with you.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
stevenm357

No way in hell i would just put down a deposit on a car that's a LOT of money to me. Who knows if you'll even get your choice of color, or even transmisison or engine.

My luck they would make a dog shit brown in n automatic transmission with the 5 cylinder out of the Hummer and that would be MY new camaro.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
How many of you have actually ordered a car from the factory before? I've always been curious about the process....and I really love having something unique. My turd-gens aren't the most sought-after....ok it's pretty much the bastard generation of the f-bodies now, but my convertibles always drew and eye because both were 1-of only a couple thousand made. Same with my Supra...not to many of those on the road, and I loved the attention she'd get pulling into a parking lot.

I want my next baby to be that. Whether it be paint scheme or options, I want it to be one that is not your run-of-the-mill dealership cars.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
My turd-gens aren't the most sought-after....ok it's pretty much the bastard generation of the f-bodies now,
I always thought that was more the 2nd Gens than 3rd?

91/92 were the 2 best looking years for the 3rd imo (I saw you had a 91).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 AM   #14
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post

PS- Welcome to the site.
yeah that is what I told them, but they said that they probably will be getting at least one or more of each color and in different trim packages, and if I don't like any of them then they order one of my choice.

BTW thanks for the welcome.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote