Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
DO NOT BUY FROM AAC - Advanced Automotive Concepts

I am writing this as a warning to ALL potential buyers of AAC following my recent business with them.

I recently purchased a set of 4 RS tail lights from AAC with pre-installed afterburner halo lights. It was agreed that I could return my existing lights for a "core refund" to allay the cost of the new housings AAC would provide.

In email correspondence the condition of the lights to be returned was never directly specified, and verbally on a telephone conversation AAC also confirmed they had to be in “good” condition. The phrase “pristine condition” and the like was never used or implied. If they had been, I would not have placed the order as no lights that have been on the road for 6+ months could be considered “pristine” and therefore would be accepted. I would have simply walked away and saved myself a thousand dollar order.

Having carefully removed my lights I returned them to AAC using their own packaging, who now refuse to refund my money because they are “un-useable”. The lights I returned were in perfectly fine condition, and ironically, were in better condition than the ones AAC sent me. This seems particularly ironic as AAC claim they cannot refund my money on the basis that the lights I sent them were “not in good enough condition to be sold to a future customer,” and yet the lights AAC sent me were in inferior condition to the ones I sent them.

After a long conversation where the AAC representative merely repeated herself over and over again and said they would not refund my money I gave up, asking to speak to the CEO, Justin, from whom I now await my reply.

I maintain that the condition of the lights to be returned was never clearly defined and was definitely not stated as required in “pristine condition.” I believe that AAC should honor their email agreement to refund me for the return of my lights. Original email as follows:

"Yes, we do. We can charge $200 for the lights themselves and then refund you that amount if you send your existing lights to us."

No mention of condition whatsoever (and unit price was also misquoted $200 instead of $250).

I believe in this case the infinitesimal value of the lights themselves is academic, and the principle here is that I did what was asked by AAC and they are now moving the goal posts and hanging me out to dry after they have my money. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Again, with foresight, I would not have placed the order – it just wouldn’t be worth this stress. All for the sake of $250.

I personally have invested several thousands of dollars with this company, and friends of mine have invested equal amounts on their products, and this is the customer service I receive? Over a mere $250 AAC is happy to hang a good loyal customer out to dry?

Until this is resolved, I urge all members to NOT give a penny to this company. I am hopeful Justin will see the sense in what has happened, and issue me the refund I was promised when the order was placed. Then I will be more than happy to say they did the right thing and will continue to be a customer of theirs with my faith restored.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
did you take any pics of what was wrong with the AAC lights?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
I ordered a product and it has been almost two months without shipping. They said it is on back order. I suggest not selling a product if you are not sure if you can get it. I agree on not purchasing anything from Advanced Automotive concepts.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
Im having some issues with them as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
countdown to this being moved... 3...2....1.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Personally, I have had no problems with AAC. Great products and service.

I talk to Johnathon directly and skip all the other people.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
moved........................

not
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
good Im glad someone has had no issues
Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Definitely going to be avoiding them, haven't heard anything but bad things with threads like these.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
my dad went to their facility to get some custom headlights made... ironically, there IRL Service/Sales dept is just as incompetent.. nice showroom with an Integra, a streetbike, tvs everywhere, lights, etc... but there is no substance behind the hype...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
Bigmike33

Drives: 2011 chevy camaro LS
Hold on I have ordered from AAC on more than one occasion and I have had no problems with them or the products they sent me. I have not had an issue with shipping nor any problem at all. Not only have they been great but I have also recommenced to many people and will continue to do so. I also plan on buying more product from them to continue to hook up my Camaro. Now that I have vented about the situation we have only heard you side cant wait to here AAC side. Personally I like them and will continue to use them and recommend them.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I will post photos asap.

The lights AAC sent me are just as scratched and worn (and worse) than the ones I sent them. So why were the ones they sent me more acceptable when the ones I sent them which were in preferable condition were unacceptable for my refund.

If Justin puts this right I would happily continue to order from them. I've been a good loyal customer myself, which is why this is so frustrating...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I ordered some CCFL lights for my footwells from them as well as their Knight Rider kit. I haven't had any problem with them as a company and found them pleasant to deal with. I would order from them again.

I feel badly for you because that does sound pretty rotten. I avoid core deposit transactions for this reason. It just doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. I hope it works out for ya.

Closed Thread