Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Larz29

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3 cyber grey
AAC customer service - not a happy customer

First let me say that I like AAC products from a quality standpoint. I think the construction is very good and I'm normally not one to complain unless I find it necessary.

My complaint with AAC is the fact I ordered a set of HOD headlights back in December. I still have yet to receive the order, and it is now March. During the winter months, I really didn't care because my car was in storage. Now, I'm at the point where I can start driving it, and I just put my LED fog lights on the car, and no HOD lights to compliment the new fog lights.

I called AAC several times starting at the beginning of February. On Feb 15th I called and asked what the status is. The representative indicated they are waiting for a part, and the lights should be in a week. So each week, I called and got exactly the same response. In my opinion this is poor customer service. Really, it doesn't make any sense that a product is backordered that long, and if it is, would I really want a product like that. Today, I spoke with a representative from AAC, and this person indicated the same thing, about another week. The rep casually asked if I would like to just cancel my order. I told her I will look for another vendor that has a similar product, and if I find a vendor like that, I will cancel this order, and definitely be reluctant to buy from AAC again.

I realize there are much more important things in life than me not having a matching set of fog lights and headlights. This is just frustrating with the lack of customer service, which really can make or break a business. I also bought some halo rings, and had planned on buying afterburners, and other items, but I'm very reluctant to do so now.
Larz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Firstly, I'm real sorry to hear that you're having problems getting your HIDs. I know it can be frustrating when a part you really want and are excited to get is back ordered. I mean think of all the people who bought the LED tail lights, they are back ordered indefinitely for over 2 months now.

What I'm trying to relate/say is that these things do happen, and to take them with a grain of salt. You said yourself that you loved the quality of AACs products, hence why you continue to buy from them. A part being on back order cannot really be blamed on AAC. Just my .02 on the subject.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Larz29

Well, I understand that and I think I'm a reasonable guy when it comes to situations like this. One thing I was really suprised about is the fact they didn't even offer me an alternative product for free or a greatly reduced discount. It's all about making the customer happy and I mean that from a business sense. I have a side gig where I shoot photos for weddings. At this wedding, for whatever reason I forgot a certain lens that is great for portrits. So I had to use a lens that wasn't that good.... Long story short the bride & groom we're not happy with part of there photos, so I offered them a wedding book free of charge and they we're happy and they recommended me to one of there friends who is getting married. So if I would have them it's not in my contract to worry about a less than perfect photo, they would have been upset, and not recommended me for future work.... Do you see my point from that perspective? Like I said I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but come on seriously ordering something on December 20th of 2010 and still don't have the product?? That's not really acceptable to me, or most people.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
The Stig

I can understand. Reputation is everything in the business world, no matter what way you cut it. But is it really fair to damn all of AAC to hell from this one bad experience? I don't think anyone can name a company that is always 100% on top of everything, everybody deserves some slack occasionally, or just a freebie here and there.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I can understand. Reputation is everything in the business world, no matter what way you cut it. But is it really fair to damn all of AAC to hell from this one bad experience? I don't think anyone can name a company that is always 100% on top of everything, everybody deserves some slack occasionally, or just a freebie here and there.
I can name that company. Adam's Polishes. I ordered a daily special last week and the warehouse forgot my free wash mitt. One email was sent and I was told that the wash mitt was being shipped that day with a free car wash shampoo. Nothing but great customer service on their end.

I too have been bitten by the AAC backorder. It seems that the number of backordered forum members is growing. Hopefully, they will get their production inline with the demand before it is too late and someone takes over their niche.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
Larz29

Actually, I think I'm going to cancel my order today and get a bf xenon kit. The guy I talked to on the phone said they have never had a backorder longer than a week, and If I order by tuesday it will be to my house by Fri. It's all about how a company is ran, which will determine it's long term successes... Stieger why are you defending AAC so much? Do you have stock or something? lol. Anyways, I learned my lesson and they lost several customers.. 2 of my local friends, who also have camaro's we're thinking about getting some gear for their car from AAC, but after hearing my experience they are also going with bf xenon hid kit instead.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz29 View Post
Stieger why are you defending AAC so much? Do you have stock or something?

Check his sig...

I too have bailed on AAC. At least I got my $ back so I will give them that....
Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
Larz29

Good discussions like this are a way to help companies who sell product improve their customer relations, and take a second look at there internal organization. I wish AAC the best of luck in the future.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post

Check his sig...

I too have bailed on AAC. At least I got my $ back so I will give them that....
Yup my sig pretty much sums up how I feel about AAC. I do wish you better luck in the future with your lighting mods.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
mdelk

Drives: cgm 2ss/rs 2011
i too have been bitten by the backorder... i ordered a set of dual color halos about a month ago and they took my money and sent a tracking number. i assumed they were instock and going out. a week passed tracking number still didnt work. i call them and they inform me that that item is on backorder for 2 weeks. i shouldnt have to call them to find this info out. i should have got an email or atleast it should say on there site that it is not instock. two weeks pass still nothing call back they say they still havent got there shipment. another week passes and nothing i call back and they are saying 2-3 weeks. when in all actuality they have no idea! it is a little frustrating. i can understand backorder but would have been nice to know in the first place and would like the courtesy of an update email... just my 2 cents
mdelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
I can name that company. Adam's Polishes. I ordered a daily special last week and the warehouse forgot my free wash mitt. One email was sent and I was told that the wash mitt was being shipped that day with a free car wash shampoo. Nothing but great customer service on their end.

I too have been bitten by the AAC backorder. It seems that the number of backordered forum members is growing. Hopefully, they will get their production inline with the demand before it is too late and someone takes over their niche.
Adams is GREAT!!!!!!! Customer Service is Awesome!

AAC does seem to have more customer showing as waiting on back order..I myself waiting on LED tag bulbs......

So Ill see what happens.....
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
NOT URSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to NOT URSS
I was told today they had tag bulbs? I too now am on the back order list with my plasma pw13 When I made and purchased my order 3 weeks ago the plasmas where in stock... Now that my headlights are being worked on and are about to be shipped they are out again. ... Hopefully the plasmas come soon. I called Jonathan today but he is out, talked to another sales guy who I'm sorry really got under my skin... I was put on with Jamie and she helped me out and seemed sincere... I recommend talking to her.