Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #29
Northeast16SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
I just purchased R1 Geomet rotors and now Im trying to decide on which pads to go with. I have Hawks pad now and were somewhat pleased with them. I don’t track my car so I prefer low dust ceramics. My Hawks pads started make noise after a year of use (I thinking its because I needed new rotors.) As I was reading this post, I read that some member are getting some noise from their hawks pads. My choices are Hawks, Powerstop, R1. I Would like to hear a few more members thoughts and experiences with their pads.
Any pads that are making noise are probably not low dust or ceramics. They make noise because they are semi-metallic and create more friction/stopping power. I don't understand why people who aren't tracking their Camaros are leaving the stock pads because they are pretty solid all around. If you don't like the harmonic balancers, I guess I understand.
Northeast16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 AM   #30
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Hawk 5.0 pads, Morris two pc front and oem rear rotors are a great combo for street, auto x and light riadciurse duty. Pads have Low dust and no noise
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #31
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeast16SS View Post
Any pads that are making noise are probably not low dust or ceramics. They make noise because they are semi-metallic and create more friction/stopping power. I don't understand why people who aren't tracking their Camaros are leaving the stock pads because they are pretty solid all around. If you don't like the harmonic balancers, I guess I understand.
The reason I went with the Hawks (Ceramics) is low brake dust. The stock pads are good but they make a lot of dust. The Hawks didn't start making noise until a year later. I thinking it's more rotor than pad.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote