Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #211
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetoh View Post
I had one of the Breather Caps on My Camaro with a Magnason Supercharger, I ended up having to get a New Valley Cover, the built up pressure damaged the Original one.
That sucks.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #212
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM2LS13 View Post
Ordered my catch can today from APEX. I only have 1700 miles on my car, I shouldn't have much build up right?
At 1700 miles you shouldn't be too bad off. Thank you for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #213
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
At 1700 miles you shouldn't be too bad off. Thank you for your order.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. I put a Maggie on my 2010 SS with only 300 miles and the intake was already soaked with oil. Seeing that garbage made me a firm believer in using a catch can from day one.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #214
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I wouldn't be too sure of that. I put a Maggie on my 2010 SS with only 300 miles and the intake was already soaked with oil. Seeing that garbage made me a firm believer in using a catch can from day one.
There will no doubt be some oil in there but at 1700 miles it shouldn't be enough to worry about. A good cleaning never hurts though.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #215
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
There will no doubt be some oil in there but at 1700 miles it shouldn't be enough to worry about. A good cleaning never hurts though.
For those that put in a catch can a bit too late, and need a cleaning, is there a preferred procedure that you would recommend, eg, running SeaFoam through the intake?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #216
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
For those that put in a catch can a bit too late, and need a cleaning, is there a preferred procedure that you would recommend, eg, running SeaFoam through the intake?
kinda curious about the same thing. i didnt put one on till about 40 thousand i think.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #217
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
kinda curious about the same thing. i didnt put one on till about 40 thousand i think.
You can do a Seafoam treatment or even take it to the dealership for an upper inductions cleaning. The best option is a manual cleaning, where they actually take everything apart and clean it by hand.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #218
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
Talked to Chase at APEX and he helped me out in picking up an Elite Catch Can. Super easy install and looks great. It is 10x better then the RX it replaced since it so much easier to empty.
Attached Images

RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #219
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjla67 View Post
Talked to Chase at APEX and he helped me out in picking up an Elite Catch Can. Super easy install and looks great. It is 10x better then the RX it replaced since it so much easier to empty.
Thank you for your order. Glad you are happy with your new catch can.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #220
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Dude I noticed you have a '13 model.
At what mileage did you install yours?

Let me know how much oil you collect.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #221
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

The amount collected can vary from car to car depending on several factors. The top picture is what one of our customers caught over 10 days and the bottom photo was caught over the course of a 350 mile weekend trip with their Apex Motorsports catch cans.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #222
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:

I installed a RX can at 500 miles. It was on up until a week ago when I hit 3500 miles and put the Elite on for it is much easier to service. With the RX, I got a little during the time it was on for since I was still in the break-in period I took it easy on it. I don't have any evidence but I think the amount of oil that is collected varies on how the car was broken in. Again, I can be completely wrong but I get very little.
RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #223
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
I installed a RX can at 500 miles. It was on up until a week ago when I hit 3500 miles and put the Elite on for it is much easier to service. With the RX, I got a little during the time it was on for since I was still in the break-in period I took it easy on it. I don't have any evidence but I think the amount of oil that is collected varies on how the car was broken in. Again, I can be completely wrong but I get very little.
Break in can have an impact but how the car is driven does as well. The harder you push the engine the more blow by will occur.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #224
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Break in can have an impact but how the car is driven does as well. The harder you push the engine the more blow by will occur.
Exactly!

We can't be comparing catch can collections of people who are doing cruise control and 80%+ highway, with those 80% stop and go at stop signs in the city and booting it on take off practically every time .

Tags
apex catch can, apex motorsports, catch can, elite engineering catch can, rx catch can