Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Is your Dusk Special Edition missing an advertised feature? Mine is.

Have a 2013 2SS Dusk Edition. The hero card and press materials all list Ice Blue Ambient Lighting. Neither the auto car I test drove, nor the LS3 I bought have the lighting. I wanted it, but the dealer said it would be $500 to add.
Tonight I read on another (non-automotive) forum a guy showing off his new ride, and he specifically raved about his ambient lighting.

Do others here with the Dusk Special Edition have it?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You have it...standard on 2ss's...is it turned off? Also, it's not on during the day.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Yes, the ambient blue lighting on the doors comes on the SS. The $500 option is the ambient light kit for the footwells and the cup holders.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
H0peful1

Drives: --
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
Yes, the ambient blue lighting on the doors comes on the SS. The $500 option is the ambient light kit for the footwells and the cup holders.
^^This. I bought my car from our C5 rock star, Becky, and asked her about a thousand questions in the process, one of which was clarifying what "ambient lighting" referred to in the Dusk write-up. She too said it was doors only: $500 addl for optional kit as outlined above.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
tbass

Drives: Red 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
because the lighting is a different color
tbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
DuskLover

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Missing on mine as well

Bought one this week and it does not have the ice blue ambient lighting either. It clearly states everywhere I have seen that it is included in the Dusk edition and never mentions that it is only in the SS. The Hurst shifter is clearly stated that it is an option only on V8 models, so you would think if the ambient lighting was only on 2SS models it would state that as well.

I have my salesman checking on this for me, but given the fact that he didn't even know what ambient lighting was, I imagine I am going to hear some typical sales bull. I think I'm going to put up a bit of a fight on this since I just bought two cars on the same day.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
Bought one this week and it does not have the ice blue ambient lighting either. It clearly states everywhere I have seen that it is included in the Dusk edition and never mentions that it is only in the SS. The Hurst shifter is clearly stated that it is an option only on V8 models, so you would think if the ambient lighting was only on 2SS models it would state that as well.

I have my salesman checking on this for me, but given the fact that he didn't even know what ambient lighting was, I imagine I am going to hear some typical sales bull. I think I'm going to put up a bit of a fight on this since I just bought two cars on the same day.
Ambient lighting is comes with the 2LT and the 2SS.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
I have it on mine.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
DuskLover

It appears that way from the hero card and all the advertising, but I don't see that as being truth given there are some here who don't have it, including myself, and some with what they believe is a clear reason why, such as the difference in colors. I have the 2LT and it is not in it, so I think I'm gonna push the dealership to install it as advertised and to heck with the rest of the bs explanations as to why it isn't there.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
It appears that way from the hero card and all the advertising, but I don't see that as being truth given there are some here who don't have it, including myself, and some with what they believe is a clear reason why, such as the difference in colors. I have the 2LT and it is not in it, so I think I'm gonna push the dealership to install it as advertised and to heck with the rest of the bs explanations as to why it isn't there.
What don't you have? Do your doors not light up at night?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
DuskLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-One View Post
I have it on mine.
Thanks Chi-One. I'm gonna use that fact in my fight to get it installed in mine. LOL. Is it just in the doors, or is it in the floorboard and cup holders too?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
DuskLover

I don't have it anywhere.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
camarohwk23
Camaro5line

Drives: 2012 Synergy Series 2SS/RS
If it is advertised you should have it. If it not a feature you have now, you should go talk to your dealer. When I purchased my Synergy Series it was advertised that it came with footwell and cupholder lighting but mine did not have it. I called the dealership right away and after checking they agreed and installed it the next day, for free of course.
camarohwk23 is offline   Reply With Quote