Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Come out, come out wherever you are!

Picking my cars up from storage over the next few weeks, and getting them ready for a season of tracking. Will I see any ZL1 owners trackside?

I'd be curious as to how many ZL1 owners are track rats and plan to run the car hard. I was very surprised when I bought my Boss, thinking I would be one of a few tracking it, only to run into a Boss at every event, and to find most of the Mustang forum guys track their Boss Mustangs as well.

Don't see as much track talk in the ZL1 thread, but that could just be because of the wait. Which is killing me too by the way, and I'm not even getting one...

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
The ZL1's are not released yet. You might be waiting for a while !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Yea the chances of u seeing a ZL1 being tracked in the GTA is far from none. Sorry dude theres like 10 ZL1 coming to Ontario (80 in total for Canada). All of them will be garage Queens sadly, even my dads ZL1 will see light road usage, and if he does go to the track it wont be a roadcourse/autox event it will be the 1320.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Picking my cars up from storage over the next few weeks, and getting them ready for a season of tracking. Will I see any ZL1 owners trackside?

I'd be curious as to how many ZL1 owners are track rats and plan to run the car hard. I was very surprised when I bought my Boss, thinking I would be one of a few tracking it, only to run into a Boss at every event, and to find most of the Mustang forum guys track their Boss Mustangs as well.

Don't see as much track talk in the ZL1 thread, but that could just be because of the wait. Which is killing me too by the way, and I'm not even getting one...

I'd love to track mine...if I get one, but then again there are no tracks on the island of Oahu...so it's going to be freeway use!!
On another note: How do you like your Boss?
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
ZL119
ZLwin!!!

Drives: Black on Black 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
Yea the chances of u seeing a ZL1 being tracked in the GTA is far from none. Sorry dude theres like 10 ZL1 coming to Ontario (80 in total for Canada). All of them will be garage Queens sadly, even my dads ZL1 will see light road usage, and if he does go to the track it wont be a roadcourse/autox event it will be the 1320.

Screw that noise Ill track mine!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
I live in the GTA and I will be going to mosport , cayuga and some autocross events for sure
Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
asom so that makes 2 possible ZL1 track fighters for frenderaddict within canada. If owned a ZL1 i would track it, but since i dont ill keep tracking my little cobalt ss.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Mine will be at as many track days as I can make.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
what track can we find this Boss Mustang at ????? LOL
Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post

I was planning on attending Willow Springs two day course in April but dont think that will be happening.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
Nightspore68

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL-1, Victory Red
I'll be tracking mine until I grow tired of lapping 911s.
Nightspore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I live in the GTA and I will be going to mosport , cayuga and some autocross events for sure
That's great. I'll keep an eye out.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightspore68 View Post
I'll be tracking mine until I grow tired of lapping 911s.
They've proven surprisingly easy to pass.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
what track can we find this Boss Mustang at ????? LOL
Sadly only got out to 3 events last year. I will be at Mosport the Monday after the Montreal GP. And TMS as often as my schedule allows on weeknights. Hoping to schedule at least 2 US track weekends as well.