Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
IPS TWIN TURBO for the LLT

Okay, let's say the stars align on earth and HPTuners comes through with a solid tune for the LLT. Then IPS decides they want to release their twin turbo product for the LLT, but the catch is we have to have enough demand for them to actually release it. So my question is, how many of y'all would seriously consider owning an IPS twin turbo for our LLT's? I don't want just a "Yeah I would get one." But how about a, "Sign me up I have the money!" Or "Oh shit, it's not just a dream, I'm saving up to buy one!" I've already considered doing a custom twin turbo but man is it hard to do anything around this area without driving hundreds of miles, and this kit would be a salvation for me. This post is just to get an idea if there is others like me out there willing to purchase this kit because if there isn't enough demand I might just have to travel far and wide to get my twins. Thank you for taking time to read my post and have a great day!
Desertion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
Sadly, I fall under the "Yeah I would get one but I'm a college student and don't have that kind of money in the bank to drop into a TT". If I did it of course would go to paying off the rest of the loan or to college (of course). But would love to have IPS and HPTuners work something out (though doesn't sound like it with the LFX engine in only 2010-11 models and announcement of the 2016 Gen 6)
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
Matt_RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
I dont have to money at the moment but if there was a TT kit for a LLT i would start saving right away!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Same here. would love this kit for my ABM, but recently sold a house at a huge loss and retiring next year. So mod money is VERY tight right now.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Yea, I'd get one. I don't think we're winning him over, if this is the best we can do.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
I have it now for it
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Desertion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Yea, I'd get one. I don't think we're winning him over, if this is the best we can do.
Yeah I started losing hope after 1 day of posting this lol, but I'm not giving up on a twin turbo setup. I have my heart set on it and won't be happy till I get it.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
You know Fabberge (the manufacturing side of the turbo stuff IPS is selling) is closed until 8/5 right?

http://www.fabberge.com/

Perhaps when they return from Vacation they will provide you with some feedback.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #9
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
For me it's kind of all about price. If it is $4,500 that sounds awesome. If it's $6,500 id rather look at upgrading to an SS. Also for us in Cali it has to be CARB legal which is a whole different monster. (and another reason to go the SS route)
Old 07-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
For me it's kind of all about price. If it is $4,500 that sounds awesome. If it's $6,500 id rather look at upgrading to an SS. Also for us in Cali it has to be CARB legal which is a whole different monster. (and another reason to go the SS route)
You can be pretty sure it won't be $4.5K or CARB legal. It will make way more power than a stock SS though.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
What's "way more power?"
Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #12
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:

Quote:
What's "way more power?"
You won't find a TT kit for less than that, that has quality work. SS stick had about 360rwhp. With this kit it's about 460rwhp on the V6. Not many on the streets are pushing that out of a SS or any V8. Just freaks like us here on forums across the Internet. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2014, 06:20 AM   #13
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
You won't find a TT kit for less than that, that has quality work. SS stick had about 360rwhp. With this kit it's about 460rwhp on the V6. Not many on the streets are pushing that out of a SS or any V8. Just freaks like us here on forums across the Internet. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yeah, and HP Turbine's car is an auto. If it was a manual it would be around 490 RWHP.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
Desertion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
You know Fabberge (the manufacturing side of the turbo stuff IPS is selling) is closed until 8/5 right?

http://www.fabberge.com/

Perhaps when they return from Vacation they will provide you with some feedback.
I didn't know that, but there's still the tuning issue