Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #6525
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My apologies to all for having started this. I am truly sorry.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #6526
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Sidenote. In high school I wanted to fly fighter jets. Lack of self confidence as a kid made me give up that dream. That was my first and foremost love, besides the space program. I'm a geek on both. Heres a real kick in the ass, ready? In '77 my dad had a friend at GM. Fresh out of dropping out of college to go hang at Burger King with my race car buddies, my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the GM Institute, and I said no. LOL....yeah,...but I like I tell the family we made it this far and we will make it the rest of the way.
We have a fighter pilot who just signed up for a Justice system. He is as excited as a school kid talking about his Camaro and Pedders. He could talk about it for hours. I enjoy him talking about his experiences as a military pilot. He told me today how he got his call sign. Anyone ever play crud? Maybe full contact crud?

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #6527
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
My apologies to all for having started this. I am truly sorry.
I forgive you Snuffy, but I may never forgive myself.

I'm now going to take some Pepto-Bismol and be very quiet.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #6528
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
IMHO from what I know the total numbers are an arbitrary number that have been artificialy set. Things will not change next year either. Beyond '13 is uncertainty. No word or speculation. If you gotta have it, start digging. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. It's probably not going to work out for me, but, there wil be a Z-28 down the road. And I like the name Z-28, so if I lose now I win later.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #6529
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Sidenote. In high school I wanted to fly fighter jets. Lack of self confidence as a kid made me give up that dream.
For me it was color vision.... I am not color blind but color deficient. Depends on the test given I can pass or fail.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #6530
ShnOmac

Quote:
We have a fighter pilot who just signed up for a Justice system. He is as excited as a school kid talking about his Camaro and Pedders. He could talk about it for hours. I enjoy him talking about his experiences as a military pilot. He told me today how he got his call sign. Anyone ever play crud? Maybe full contact crud?

I have never heard of that one..... Where is that from?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #6531
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I have never heard of that one..... Where is that from?
This video is at SUPTFC in the Columbus Air Force Base Officer's Club.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #6532
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
For me it was color vision.... I am not color blind but color deficient. Depends on the test given I can pass or fail.
Do you have flight training? Vision was also a part of it for me, made it more convenient for me to give up on it was I had not quite perfect vision <25 20>, even after all the inquiries with my guidance department and The Navy I had a good shot at getting there but, dumb ass as I was.... Funny thing is I still have all the Fly Navy correspondance and information I received. Ahhh, coulda woulda shoulda, damn though; thats the best job in the world. Those guys are some of my biggest Heroes.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #6533
ShnOmac

Quote:
This video is at SUPTFC in the Columbus Air Force Base Officer's Club.
Just looked it up.......

I would still like to know where that game came from
Old 10-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #6534
OldScoolCamaro

Haven't been to an airshow since 2000....Raptor is a bad cat but haven't seen it in operation. Went to airshows many many many times at Lakehurst and Maguire...some of my best memories. My hats off to you guys in the Service.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #6535
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:

When I was in high school I applied and got nominated to the Air Force Academy. I also wanted to be an astronaut or a fighter pilot. I remember lusting after Cessnas before I was even out of kindergarten. I had excellent grades and 20-10 vision, but it was really competitive in all areas and some of the other guys beat me out in physical aptitude.

Come to find out in later years I was handicapped by an abnormally fast heart rate which is now controlled by medication. I was always a powerhouse for 30 seconds to a minute, but after that my heart would race to unsafe levels and I would get too winded. Oh well, we can't have everything we want. Besides, I would have been such an obnoxious, arrogant, womanizing so & so that I would have probably hated myself.

Still, I learned how to fly in college & got an aviation degree, and just this past weekend I accomplished a lifetime goal. I went skydiving with some buddies for the first time. It was very cool, as I always knew it would be.

Now I need to get enough jumps under my belt to try the Bird-Man suits.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #6536
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
When I was in high school I applied and got nominated to the Air Force Academy. I also wanted to be an astronaut or a fighter pilot. I remember lusting after Cessnas before I was even out of kindergarten. I had excellent grades and 20-10 vision, but it was really competitive in all areas and some of the other guys beat me out in physical aptitude.

Come to find out in later years I was handicapped by an abnormally fast heart rate which is now controlled by medication. I was always a powerhouse for 30 seconds to a minute, but after that my heart would race to unsafe levels and I would get too winded. Oh well, we can't have everything we want. Besides, I would have been such an obnoxious, arrogant, womanizing so & so that I would have probably hated myself.

Still, I learned how to fly in college & got an aviation degree, and just this past weekend I accomplished a lifetime goal. I went skydiving with some buddies for the first time. It was very cool, as I always knew it would be.

There is nothing better than jumping out of a Plane and falling towards earth at 120mph
82nd Airborne with 69 jumps

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #6537
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Just looked it up.......

I would still like to know where that game came from
Probably somebody found an old pool table with two balls and no cues.......................LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Cool on the jump, not so on the heart racing concern. But glad it is well under control.

My step mom just jumped a few months ago for her 70th birthday. A bucket list thing she said. Crazy I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
There is nothing better than jumping out of a Plane and falling towards earth at 120mph
82nd Airborne with 69 jumps
Awesome and more importantly, thanks for your service.

Regarding ZL1 volumes, I never heard any specific or concrete numbers for any model year. But limited volumes historically do two things. Give the bad dealersa a chance to gouge and also make them just hard to get even if you have the scratch to buy one. Now you also have to consider pricing as well. For example, if the price is close to 60K, you will see much lower demand than if it were $49,999. Simple eonomics. So yes, we all want one, but the price barrier will be the filter. And I have no idea on the pricing at all. So it is just possible you are hearing rumors about fixed volumes that are started by some dealers to get people to pay bigger prices. You see if people think the volume is limited they are more willing to pay dealer mark ups.

I'd wait and see when GM makes some more official announcement on pricing before getting too concerned on the volumes.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #6538
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
As usual good advice from #3
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014