Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 08-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
HelpFromAbove

Drives: 1995 Chevy Camaro (3.4l)
Question 95' V6 AC Pump Cycling Issue

I have an unusual issue with my AC on my '95 V6, and am hoping that someone here can shed some light on the problem for me.

When I start the car, AC will work for 30 seconds - 5 mins, after witch the AC stops functioning. Once this occurs, I can fix it by restarting the car. Most times, once I restart the car once, the AC works for the remainder of my drive.

Also strange is that the AC pump does not seem to be cycling properly, in that the air will blow very cold at times and then warm up as if the pump did not kick on when it should have.

I checked the pressure in the system and it is good. I'm not really sure what to check next, or what else could be causing the problem.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
HelpFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
97 Z28 POLO GREEN MACHINE

Drives: 1997 Z28 T-TOP
Talking Pressure Switch

Could be that the pressure switch is going bad / not working properly. If you jump it out of the circuit at the FIRST start up and all is OK, that could be the issue. Had one that was sticking and shutting down with out exceeding HIGH pressure cut off setting. Good luck. Perhaps another member will provide more ideas to help you.

"Long may you run"
97 Z28 POLO GREEN MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
mechone212

Drives: 02 camaro conv base
I have a 02 Camaro 3.8L it runs rough til it warms up then it’s fine I changed plugs wires fuel filter changed oil new pcv valve one new coil cleaned the throttle body and still not running right till it warms up
mechone212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, repair help