Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
kunk1963
Inferno SS

Drives: 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
Yep. Went to purchase a ZL1 yesterday and came home w/ this. GS LT3 w/ magnetic ride control and auto. $10K cheaper than what they'd sell me their ZL1. Gotta say I think I made the right decision for me. May be a ZL1 in my future just not today.

Yeah I did the Same Thing on my Birthday: 2012 Crystal Red Metallic GS 3LT A6 w/Magnetic Ride, Dual Mode Exhaust & Chrome Wheels...
Attached Images

2012 Centennial Edition Corvette
2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
2011 Merlot Street Glide
2013 IOM ZL1 A6 w/Black Wheels, Order Pending
USAF Retired & Lovin Life one day at a time!!!!
kunk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #30
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk1963 View Post
Yeah I did the Same Thing on my Birthday: 2012 Crystal Red Metallic GS 3LT A6 w/Magnetic Ride, Dual Mode Exhaust & Chrome Wheels...
That's pretty funny 'cause they had one just like yours I was also considering. Same options as yours w/ the dual tops and tan interior. We were drawn to the blue a bit more.

We even have matching pics.

Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Still looking fir a trade partner if anyone has any interest.
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #32
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Yep. Went to purchase a ZL1 yesterday and came home w/ this. GS LT3 w/ magnetic ride control and auto. $10K cheaper than what they'd sell me their ZL1. Gotta say I think I made the right decision for me. May be a ZL1 in my future just not today.

The day after I got my ZL1 I was at the mall and a Centennial GS this exact color was parked way out next to me. I remember saying to myself that if I would have seen this car at the dealership I would have had to sleep on it to make sure I wanted the Z. I love that color!
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
TRADE MY CORVETTE GS FO YOUR ZR1

I am fortunate also to have both a Red ZL1 and a 2013 60th Anniversay Convertible...I get the best of both Worlds---big problem is deciding which ont to Drive---so I settle on my 2012 Beetle...Unfortuantely I gave it to my Son for 3 Months to use............
My other problem is I am in my Early 70's so I don't know how many more Years I have to Drive around in these "Beasts" Enjoy every day You have.....Harvey
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #34
BigV8LS3

Drives: 09 G8 GXP, 99 Silverado,10 Cobalt
Quote:

That a beautiful color. I was looking at a ZO6 manual in that color. Really looks sharp with those wheels.
09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois maggie 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab, Corsa catback, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR, Pedders supercar coilovers. Show:CTS-V2 rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. Oracle yellow halos. HSV triple gauges.
BigV8LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
I am fortunate also to have both a Red ZL1 and a 2013 60th Anniversay Convertible...I get the best of both Worlds---big problem is deciding which ont to Drive---so I settle on my 2012 Beetle...Unfortuantely I gave it to my Son for 3 Months to use............
My other problem is I am in my Early 70's so I don't know how many more Years I have to Drive around in these "Beasts" Enjoy every day You have.....Harvey

This is great to hear! I am sure you turn heads everywhere you go. What has been your favorite out of the two vehicles so far? Both are amazing vehicles and we are glad to have you as a member of the Chevrolet family.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #36

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajonf View Post
Still looking fir a trade partner if anyone has any interest.
Just do a trade-in. Dealerships should offer you the same or even more than what you paid for your GS...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #37

Quote:

That's a beauty!!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #38
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Just do a trade-in. Dealerships should offer you the same or even more than what you paid for your GS...
Geez why didn't I think of that LOL. Yeah I have been trying that too - it's not as simple as you make it sound.. "Dealerships should offer you the same or even more than what you paid for your GS"? Huh? I don't think so. They are in business to make money.

There are no ZL1s in my city so I have to deal over the phone or web. Everyone I call either wants a huge markup or low-balls my trade because they cannot bid it locally. So they end up wanting me to pay them a huge amount to trade a car with an MSRP 10K+ higher. I understand Vettes are discounted heavily and the ZL1s are not so that should make up the difference. Given the fact that mine is slightly used I would even be willing to give a dealer a couple grand and my car but they are not even close.

I posted this thread in case someone wanted to trade private party to private party.. No dealer gouging or wholesale trade-in values. There is a chance someone out there wishes they had gotten the Vette instead so that's why I am here. I have actually had some interest but nothing has worked out.
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Geez why didn't I think of that LOL. Yeah I have been trying that too - it's not as simple as you make it sound.. "Dealerships should offer you the same or even more than what you paid for your GS"? Huh? I don't think so. They are in business to make money.
It's actually pretty simple...

How much did you pay for your GS? It should be at least 17% off MSRP. Don't tell me you paid more than that...

Having said that, you can easily get your money back on the Vette - sometimes even more. I know plenty of people who did it. I made my money back when I traded, and I didn't get screwed on the new car price.

Quote:
There are no ZL1s in my city so I have to deal over the phone or web. Everyone I call either wants a huge markup or low-balls my trade because they cannot bid it locally. So they end up wanting me to pay them a huge amount to trade a car with an MSRP 10K+ higher. I understand Vettes are discounted heavily and the ZL1s are not so that should make up the difference. Given the fact that mine is slightly used I would even be willing to give a dealer a couple grand and my car but they are not even close.
Maybe you should try harder...
You can do it. Good luck.

Quote:
I posted this thread in case someone wanted to trade private party to private party.. No dealer gouging or wholesale trade-in values. There is a chance someone out there wishes they had gotten the Vette instead so that's why I am here. I have actually had some interest but nothing has worked out.
Right now ZL1s are selling at a premium, and Vettes are selling at a discount. That would be a great trade for you. Go find that sucker...