Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #15
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
That’s good to hear, they haven’t given me any indication on leadtime time yet. Mine are not painted so shouldn’t be as long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #16
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I’m sad to hear of issues with RPI. They always were awesome when I used them in the past and their paint quality is excellent. I hope they don’t end up going the way of Maryland Speed.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #17
Randy V.B.

Well another update. RPI Don has just contacted me and said that my side skirts are on the way. Hopefully all is well this time. It’s a shame really, this whole post could’ve been avoided with some simple communication. I’m not trying to rush anybody or expect them to go out of the way just to please me. Just a simple email explaining what was going on is all I would’ve needed. Anyway I will update when I get my side skirts and hopefully get them on the car and show some pictures. Thank you to the forum members that have posted and possibly got this situation rolling sooner than later.

Thanks
Randy

2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Old 02-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Well I'm gonna jump in and say that in the past I have ordered 3 custom painted items from them and have never had an issue with them or the items I ordered. My last and most recent item I ordered last Oct 2020 took quite a while for me to get, I just got it about 2 weeks ago, but gotta say the quality of the product was great, as were the other items I ordered. This last one was a Z28 front splitter CF Hydro dipped for 2010-2013 Camaros. Back in Dec when it was supposed to ship one of the shipping folks noticed some defects in it, they let me know about it in an email and did another one for me, they didn't want to ship me a bad product. That's cool. Also when I ordered it their website said a 4-6 week lead time which I was good with knowing about custom painted anything. Mine turned into about a 10-12 week lead time before I got the splitter, but was worth the wait for me. When ever I emailed of called about it I got Paul who took care of me and my questions. When I asked about the time being taken for it he told me that they had folks out sick, some were laid off at the paint shop that did their work all due to COVID, and I was good with that as I have seen on other sites selling CF stuff they had a 10-14 week lead on the items. So I guess I can't say anything bad about them yet... Good luck OP..
Old 03-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #19
Randy V.B.

Just wanted to give everybody an update, after the wait and hassle I finally received two of the same side rocker panels. Somehow I knew this wasn’t going to be right. Third times a charm maybe??

Old 03-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #20
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Sadly, customer service is a thing of the past. There are still a few good ones out there...but most just want your money....yet complain they have no business.
I feel ya OP, I am not an ass....I always give the benefit of the doubt...I do not harass and I always give them plenty of time. I'm in similar situation with a local performance shop. They tell you 'Give me a couple days and I'll get back with you," .....and a week and half later...nothing. No call, no email, nothing.
Good luck getting things worked out.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #21
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Sadly, customer service is a thing of the past. There are still a few good ones out there...but most just want your money....yet complain they have no business.
I feel ya OP, I am not an ass....I always give the benefit of the doubt...I do not harass and I always give them plenty of time. I'm in similar situation with a local performance shop. They tell you 'Give me a couple days and I'll get back with you," .....and a week and half later...nothing. No call, no email, nothing.
Good luck getting things worked out.

You could not have said it better. I also rarely complain as the last thing I want to do is hurt someone’s business. But it sometimes seems like no one cares anymore.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #22
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy V.B. View Post
You could not have said it better. I also rarely complain as the last thing I want to do is hurt someone’s business. But it sometimes seems like no one cares anymore.

I'm so lucky I have never had a problem from all the vendors I have dealt with in 30 years. But this one it looks like they got P=off and sent you 2 of the same side just to make you more made. [Just my opinion.]
Old 03-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #23
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post

I'm so lucky I have never had a problem from all the vendors I have dealt with in 30 years. But this one it looks like they got P=off and sent you 2 of the same side just to make you more made. [Just my opinion.]

Yeah it’s possible I pissed them off but I don’t think so, they said they sent another customer both of the same other side so I’m guessing someone is waiting for me to get this one back so they can have the proper one.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #24
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Yeah it’s possible I pissed them off but I don’t think so, they said they sent another customer both of the same other side so I’m guessing someone is waiting for me to get this one back so they can have the proper one.

Well good they got back to you this time. Good luck
Old 03-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #25
Randy V.B.

Yes they did, although I haven’t heard from them since on a return label. I would rather get this fixed up sooner than later

Old 03-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #26
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Yes they did, although I haven’t heard from them since on a return label. I would rather get this fixed up sooner than later

You are way more patient than I am, good luck getting it sorted out
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #27
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Excuses, excuses. Sloppy management has NO excuse. It's just sloppy management. Period. Imagine how many orders are lost by one thread. I know I won't be using them after all the threads out about them. Sloppy management.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #28
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Agreed, after MY last episode with them I don't think I will order from them anymore.