Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
Looking shop to install STS Twin Turbo kit in Southern AZ region

Looking for a reputable, troop supportin' performance shop in the Phoenix, Tucson, Southern AZ region to install a STS Twin Turbo system on my 2012 SS L99. I am inquiring on the prices below:

1. Installation of the kit alone
2. Installation of kit + purchase and installation of needed injectors (possibly 65 lb)
3. #2 + purchase and installation of Dynatech/Kooks LT headers
4. #3 + all tuned
5. #2 + tune

I am looking to do this fairly soon. I know next weekend there is a holiday, but I will also have 4 days off, therefore I could leave the car for several days.

I am also open to any suggestions you may have for me.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

v/r

Slick
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
slickmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa.
I have been in contact with them throughout the day. With the kit being used - with the fear of missing parts and liability they cannot install it.

I am researching other avenues with them ATM.

Thank you for the referal BTW.
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Good luck.

I would sell it and get something else IMO. You can try LPM in Phoenix but are probably going to get the same answer as CPR.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
I will say our main concern with installing a used kit has nothing to do with us making money on a kit or not. What it truly boils down to is the very small window he has for install. If the kit was new in the box guaranteed no missing parts than it would be fine to hit that deadline. But with it being used its almost guaranteed to be missing components. If we had a larger window of install to allow for those issues to come up than we would be more apt to do the install. But in all honesty sts kits are complete garbage in my opinion and will lead to more issues than the gains/savings over a good kit would warrant.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
slickmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
I will say our main concern with installing a used kit has nothing to do with us making money on a kit or not. What it truly boils down to is the very small window he has for install. If the kit was new in the box guaranteed no missing parts than it would be fine to hit that deadline. But with it being used its almost guaranteed to be missing components. If we had a larger window of install to allow for those issues to come up than we would be more apt to do the install. But in all honesty sts kits are complete garbage in my opinion and will lead to more issues than the gains/savings over a good kit would warrant.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Joe from CPR is doing everything to best meet my needs. My comment in here was no way negative against CPR - as every legit performance shop would be the same. Hope to keep hearing from you Joe on my other options.