Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Botoasy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
Felt

Has anyone taken off the felt on their heads? It looks awkward as hell being there since I don't run the car with the cover on. Is there an easy way to take it off?

2010 Camaro LS: BBK Longtube Headers with Hi Flow Cats, BBK CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Magnaflow X-pipe and Resonators, Ported TB, Mace Ported IM and Spacer,Trifecta Tune, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. SOLD!!!

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272765
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I took mine off, I did it when I took off my valve covers to paint them, it isn't to bad. You will prob just have to remove the intake manifold and pull off the metal/rubber things.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #3
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
im sick of seeing the felt too.. its looks so dirty! im pulling my manifold off tomorrow just to get rid of it. not painting the heads because of lack of time. plus thats a summer kind of thing for me.
sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
sappy

well... i went out to the car today and popped the hood. while looking at the felt i really really didnt feel like unbolting my manifold for some felt, plus i didnt want to mess with my seal for my black iceolater. soooo i grabbed a razor knife and a pair of needle nose pliers for the tough spots. its all off and took about 10 mins.. glad i didnt mess with unbolting when it was so easy to just pull off. looks so much better! i was going to paint them but i am really digging the stock look of it. after seeing that felt there for so long the stock black looks amazing ha
Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy View Post
well... i went out to the car today and popped the hood. while looking at the felt i really really didnt feel like unbolting my manifold for some felt, plus i didnt want to mess with my seal for my black iceolater. soooo i grabbed a razor knife and a pair of needle nose pliers for the tough spots. its all off and took about 10 mins.. glad i didnt mess with unbolting when it was so easy to just pull off. looks so much better! i was going to paint them but i am really digging the stock look of it. after seeing that felt there for so long the stock black looks amazing ha
That's pretty much what I did too, came out good for me too and was super easy
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I've read that its only there to help with noise reduction. Let us know if you hear any real noise difference. If not, I may try this too.

I think the LLT engine with a painted or polished intake and painted covers looks awesome!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
That is exactly what I was planing to do if this crazy cold weather ever breaks. Glad to know it was not that hard. I also did not want to mess with the manifold/iceolator. And Yeah, let us know if you hear any difference. I can't imagine that it would bother me though. I want to be able to hear my engine!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
sappy

yea ruby its really no big deal. i am pretty much maxed on bolt-on's.. ipf/bbk longtubes, high flow cats etc etc. and there is no noticeable noise that would be bothersome. i put my head close to see if anything seemed different.. nope the clicking is still the same annoying loudness. honestly the felt is thin and if it did block the engine noise a tad i woudnt even noticed with my setup. it just looked nasty with dust and such on it and had to go.

10 mins and its gone.. best thing i did to my car this week
Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Think i'm gonna hafta do this when it warms up. To damn cold up here in the northeast to bother spending 10 mins outside for something that can wait til it's warmer.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 307RWHP - 329 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Thanks for the info using a knife and needle nose. Mine will be off this spring too.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
KFH
1SS Victory Red Manual

Drives: 2010 1SS 6 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy View Post
sappy, Any chance you can post a picture of your engine with the felt removed.

1st Camaro - 77 Type LT Rally Sport, 3 Speed Manual, Inline 6 2nd - 94 Z28, 6 Speed Manual LT1 V8
3rd - 2010 1LT, 6 Speed Manual LLT V6 4th - 2010 1SS, 6 Speed Manual LS3 V8, RX Catch Can, Holley iNTECH CAI, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #12
sappy

Yea no problem.. as long as you don't mind the dirtiness of the bay.. to cold to detail the bay. Anyways I will snap a pic after work
Old 01-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
sappy

sorry guys pics to come.. i got a new phone (htc one) and the first time i ever tried plugging it in my pc to get the pics on here it wont connect.. apparently this is a huge problem with this phone. anyways once i figure out how to sync my phone with laptop i will post up here
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sometimes with Androids you have to go into the settings once it is plugged and select USB mode, although I don't have to do that with mine...it does act a bit differently if I do do that though.