Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
coolingmist

Drives: fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Ive heard good things about alky system and I know thats what my tuner is using on his vette. Its hard to say if ones better then the other. Each has there strong points. The controller from coolingmist is the best ive seen hands down. On the other hand the alky kit can handle pure meth and comes with SS lines (I had to pay additional for the SS lines with the coolingmist kit). I dont have any complaints for the coolingmist kit other then the 100% meth issue. I assumed that a meth kit is made to run pure meth, but wasnt exactly the case.
thanks for the compliment

I have some good news for you.

1) if you dont care to see the flow, you can run the kit without the flow sensor. Without the flow sensor you can run what ever concentration you want. I think you probably like having the flow bars light up though.

2) we are going to have a different sensor we are working on. it will be available hopefuly in the spring. Its going to require that we reflash your CMGS but it will run what ever concentration of meth you want with the new sensor. Reflashing your CMGS is free, btw. I dont have pricing on the new sensor yet, but should have some idea in the few months ahead. We will continue to sell the flow sensor as well for those that dont want to run 100% meth.

Im an advocate of running water with the meth, but everyone has opinions.

CM
coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #30
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Im currently running it without the flowsensor to by me sometime without any issues yet. The flowsensor gives me a easier piece of mind since the flow bars light up letting me know the kit is flowing like it should. Glad to hear you guys are working on a new sensor. I will be first in line for it .

I might make it back over to my tuners for a 70/30 or 50/50 tune if i get a chance first. Would be interesting to see if theres a power drop between one or the other.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post

1) if you dont care to see the flow, you can run the kit without the flow sensor. Without the flow sensor you can run what ever concentration you want. I think you probably like having the flow bars light up though.

2) we are going to have a different sensor we are working on. it will be available hopefuly in the spring. Its going to require that we reflash your CMGS but it will run what ever concentration of meth you want with the new sensor. Reflashing your CMGS is free, btw. I dont have pricing on the new sensor yet, but should have some idea in the few months ahead. We will continue to sell the flow sensor as well for those that dont want to run 100% meth.

CM
Is the flow sensor only used to tell you the flow and display it on the gauge or does it also send a signal to the "yellow failsafe wire"?
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #32
coolingmist

Drives: fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Is the flow sensor only used to tell you the flow and display it on the gauge or does it also send a signal to the "yellow failsafe wire"?
The flow sensor is what determines what the yellow failsafe wire does, correct. Keep in mind, the other kits do not have a built in failsafe or flow sensor so what we offer in our kit is something the other does not.

If you want to use the failsafe, you need 30% water or more.

CM
coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post

CM

Any news on the new sensor for 100% meth yet?