Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #309
UCANTCME
1st ZL1 in Rochester, NY

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #480
Awesome Day

Nice to meet everyone today, my brother & I had a blast (except for the little stop to talk with Trooper W.M Will on way home)! I am so happy to meet people with the same passion that I have. I can't wait to meet up again!

Special thanks to Mark for all of your hard work and time spent getting us all together great job
UCANTCME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #310
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
BIG THANKS to Mark and everyone else involved in setting this up. Had a fantastic day at the Glen and memories that last a lifetime. thank you.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #311
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCANTCME View Post
Nice to meet everyone today, my brother & I had a blast (except for the little stop to talk with Trooper W.M Will on way home)! I am so happy to meet people with the same passion that I have. I can't wait to meet up again!

Special thanks to Mark for all of your hard work and time spent getting us all together great job

Bad Boy, bad boy

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #312
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH
Thanks UpState C5

Well... so happy I finally got to run some laps on Watkins Glen

I’m sure I could have gone faster on the back straight if Luckynuts (ahead of me) could have found the accelerator pedal

Mark and the entire C5 gang are one class act. Thanks for making us Canadians feel so welcome.

Enjoyed the drive down... and home, immensely.

The finger Lake Region is such a beautiful area.
Attached Images

Last edited by mrbrans5; 07-01-2012 at 09:10 PM.
mrbrans5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #313
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCANTCME View Post

We passed you while you were on the side with the Trooper, got worried that after the track and with a ZL-1 you could have been going pretty fast...
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #314
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning, 45 minute wait at the border even though the website said no delay, car gets covered in bugs and dust, fire alarm at the hotel from 2:30-4:00 AM, burnt to a crisp, ate too much at the brunch and I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could.

Once again Mark has put together a fantastic weekend for the Upstate crew and thankfully they allowed a few Canadians to join in the fun. I'm just not sure how he is able to control the weather.

I hope to see you all again at BBOMG in August.

I have lots of pics which I'll post once I'm back from Cincinnati.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #315
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN SS View Post
Up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning, 45 minute wait at the border even though the website said no delay, car gets covered in bugs and dust, fire alarm at the hotel from 2:30-4:00 AM, burnt to a crisp, ate too much at the brunch and I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could.

Once again Mark has put together a fantastic weekend for the Upstate crew and thankfully they allowed a few Canadians to join in the fun. I'm just not sure how he is able to control the weather.

I hope to see you all again at BBOMG in August.

I have lots of pics which I'll post once I'm back from Cincinnati.
I think CanadianCamaro and Luckynuts got tired of drinking alone in the parking lot so they pulled the fire alarm.

C'mon guys... fess up...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #316
UCANTCME
1st ZL1 in Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxty9GTO View Post
Bad Boy, bad boy
Old 07-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #317
UCANTCME
1st ZL1 in Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint135 View Post
We passed you while you were on the side with the Trooper, got worried that after the track and with a ZL-1 you could have been going pretty fast...
72 in 55, my brother was driving home I drove on the track

Come to find out, he had an inspection ticket in 2/07 that was "supposed to be sent to him"...It never arrived and he said "Oh well". He has presented his license several times at DMV since ticket without incident. He had his wallet stolen 3 weeks ago and only had a passport with him yesterday.

Trooper approached, questioned, went back to his car and came and pulled Jeff out and cuffed him. The ticket from '07 caught up with him, license was suspended since 5/19/12..5+ years later! I heard him ask my bro multiple times, "you are not going to give me a problem, right?". Jeff responded "No sir, I want to get home and see my son tonight". We are not trouble makers. Took him back to car for 15 minutes then came and questioned me. Trooper started by telling me "don't lie to me, honesty gets you a long way". I said, "my mother told me since I was a kid, 'honesty is the best policy, you remember the truth not a lie' and I am not a liar". He questioned me and ended being an OK guy for the situation. I did however tell a small FIB when he asked me to open glove box and saw my front plate "ummmm, I broke the front plate bracket". He checked my license and it was clean.

He let us go with me driving and Jeff holding a ticket for 72 in 55 and a "lowered from suspend license ticket to unlicensed operator" (which kept Jeff from going to jail) and said it can be dropped if he clears up inspection ticket for $40 from 2/07 and gets new copy of license. Besides having "suspended license" this can be 2-4+ points on license. Luckily he hasn't had a speeding ticket in 7-8 years.

We made it home safely to our families and that is all that matters after that crazy experience. Besides the small hiccup, it was AWESOME DAY to bond with my brother and meet great C5 friends!

Last edited by UCANTCME; 07-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #318
sxty9GTO
VEGAS 11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Family, lol Well we are glad it worked out in the better way. Glad you guys had fun, before that anyways See you again soon.

Keep On Trucking
sxty9GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #319
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Thanks everyone

Just want to send a shout out to all who helped make the Watkins Glen Event a big success.

First, many thanks to Mike Evranian and the other folks at WGI for making the corral possible.
Also to Steve Focazio and the people at Grand Am for sanctioning this series so we can all have fun at venues like Watkins Glen. Also for providing goody bag items and prizes. They also provided the pace car ride along passes.
Also a big shout out to Chevrolet for their participation by providing goody bag items and prizes. Thanks to Scott Settlemire for providing the Hot Wheels cars and especially to John Fitzpatrick for taking time to come to Watkins Glen solely and for no other reason than to spend time with us and for bringing an awesome 2013 ZL1 vert.
I would like to thank Bill Hylton and the rest of the folks at Cold Air Inductions for providing goody bag items and especially for the $50 coupon which was won by Dan (tiggerss) from Ontario.
Thanks to Jason Baran from JT's Custom Paint Garage in Moravia, NY for providing t-shirt prizes.
Thanks to Dan (sxty9gto) for provided several bottles of vino. Anyone who was lucky enough to grab a bottle of WGI commemorative Hazlitt Red Cat, this wine isn't even released yet, but Dan has contacts. Thanks you Dan.
Also, a big shout out to Jeff (figjam-5), for acquiring a whole slew of door prizes that helped make this part of the event huge.
Last, but not least, to all of you UpstateC5 members who were able to participate as well as our peeps from across the border and to the guys from down state who made the trek. It made it a pleasure for me to organize this event and hope we are able to make it bigger and better for next year.
Thanks everyone for signing the book, and to Tim for providing it. It will be treasured.
Thanks again everyone,
Mark

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #320
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Name:  watkins glen rolex 011.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  179.3 KB

Name:  watkins glen rolex 001.jpg
Views: 159