Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
snide1

Drives: 2SS IOM/Mercedes/Super Duty
Green only on V6's

Had a dealer tell me today that green is only available on V6 model, is this true?
snide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Not only just on V6's, but only on 1LT's
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
correct-a-mundo.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I showed my girlfriend some pictures of the Synergy Green last night and her response was "oooohh, you should have waited for that!" When I told her that it was only available on the lowest model she said, "Why would they do that???"

I like the looks of the color. I also love the look of Summit White. Still glad I didn't wait for either, however. <3 my CGM
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69778

Quote:
“The Synergy Special Edition package is designed for customers who want a unique performance car at an attainable price,” says Camaro marketing manager, John Fitzpatrick. “For under $27,000, Camaro Synergy Special Edition offers standout styling, modern technologies like Bluetooth, and 304 horsepower under the hood.”

Q. Is the package available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. No. This special edition package was designed to be a unique package at a tremendous value for consumers. This was best achieved by combining features such as the painted 19-inch alloy wheels and LED light pipes with the 1LT model.

Q. Is the Synergy Green exterior color available on the LS, 2LT or SS models?
A. Not at this time; however, Chevrolet reserves the right to make the exterior color available if there is enough market demand.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
I showed my girlfriend some pictures of the Synergy Green last night and her response was "oooohh, you should have waited for that!" When I told her that it was only available on the lowest model she said, "Why would they do that???"

I like the looks of the color. I also love the look of Summit White. Still glad I didn't wait for either, however. <3 my CGM
Not quite the lowest model, that would be an LS. The 1LT is one step up.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
dzinity28

Drives: 2010 Synergy Special Edition
Its not on the lowest model,that would be the LS. We needed a V6 anyway due to all the driving we do on a daily basis.We have people stopping us in parking lots asking if they can take a picture of this car.We have seen people with video cameras following us down the road. A movie studio has inquired about using it in a few shots in a movie. We got every option available for this car,and we are going to add the halo's aftermarket. Besides all of that it is a Special Edition with limited numbers made. I'm just tired of people taking shots at this vehicle for whatever they see as a shortfall. I don't take shots at everybody who drives a black camaro,because there are so many out there just like theirs! To each his own! I'm just a happy Camaro driver and I am happy for every other Camaro driver out there! They are all awesome cars!
dzinity28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Jophiel

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzinity28 View Post
Its not on the lowest model,that would be the LS. We needed a V6 anyway due to all the driving we do on a daily basis.We have people stopping us in parking lots asking if they can take a picture of this car.We have seen people with video cameras following us down the road. A movie studio has inquired about using it in a few shots in a movie. We got every option available for this car,and we are going to add the halo's aftermarket. Besides all of that it is a Special Edition with limited numbers made. I'm just tired of people taking shots at this vehicle for whatever they see as a shortfall. I don't take shots at everybody who drives a black camaro,because there are so many out there just like theirs! To each his own! I'm just a happy Camaro driver and I am happy for every other Camaro driver out there! They are all awesome cars!
The haters are just green with envy...

Anyways, I totally agree. The green is rad. I don't think i'll get it though unless the dealer gives me halos.
Jophiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like the green
Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
You can always add halos from AAC. Heck, my dealer was even willing to remove the headlamps and let me ship them to AAC for the halo install and then reinstall them before I ever paid for the car. Mine had these halos lit and waiting for me the day I got the keys.
Attached Images

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Not quite the lowest model, that would be an LS. The 1LT is one step up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzinity28 View Post
I always seem to forget about that LS
Which is for the best because as much as I love my girlfriend I probably would have spent an hour explaining the trim differences and bored her to death. She loves the car -- but I just don't get the feeling she's quite as into the details

For all of you Synergy owners: Enjoy your beautiful and fairly unique rides!
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
All cars are 1LS with addons.

The Synergy is V6 only but has quite a bit of the RS package and then some.

I really like the green ambient lights in the doors. Paddles to shift on steering is interesting..... not sure if that will ever be used though. Remote start nice.... as is the connectivity package.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
There is no shortfalls on this car. Its perfect for people with a set budget in mind. I woulda wanted the full RS package with the color, but hey I think its still a great car. People who think its low on the totem pole are just haters.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I think the Synergy Green is a pretty kool color. But they should have included the halo lights factory installed. Then most wouldn't be upset that want a v6 at least. The regular lights look alright too but the factory halos make the car seem more alive. And after market halos are not the same they dont have the center of the headlight all the aftermarket I have seen is the circle halo ring not the center of the headlight with it.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote