Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Odd Question...

So I have kind of an odd question here.

In my GTO I had a perfect space between the driver seat and the floorboard that I always joked was designed for my Glock. No joke with my my Glock in a Galco ankle glove it was perfect, just tight enough that it would never move but I could pull it out with no effort.

I am trying to figure out where to keep my defense weapon in the Camaro and I can't seem to find the right spot. I hope I never need it but I like to have it in perfect reach "In Case of Shit"
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
VTXrider

Also way is this the only Car/Motorcycle forum I'm on without a dedicated firearms forum?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
Sounds to me like you just need to move to a nicer neighbohood with less crime. I've never had a gun...scary to me that you think you might actually need one at some point.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
2SSRSB

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
Also way is this the only Car/Motorcycle forum I'm on without a dedicated firearms forum?
Good

2010 2SS RS
Born December 9, 2009
2SSRSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhmblbe View Post
Sounds to me like you just need to move to a nicer neighbohood with less crime. I've never had a gun...scary to me that you think you might actually need one at some point.
Same here. It wasn't until my older years that I actually held one (belonged to a friend). There is actually a rather leangthy thread somewhere with a lot of ideas on how to keep the weapon in the car.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Quote:
I would rather needlessly carry it everywhere and never need it then to need it and not have it.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
There is no such thing as a safe place. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. But dont worry sheep, u've got sheepdogs like me and the OP to keep u safe from the wolves.

really interesting read if u've got a few minutes.
http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
I'm a Republican and support Gun ownership rights but I never owned a gun and never felt like I needed to. I agree with the other post, you should move to a safer place.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
VTXrider

I live in a safe place, I've never felt the need to defend my self and probably never will. That doesn't keep me from being prepared and practicing defensive scenarios just in case. Crime happens everywhere, I aim to be prepared if me, my loved ones, or even you need it.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
VTXrider

I'm pretty sure if I had the time to search I could find some sort of violent crime occurrence in just about any populated place on the planet. For those non-populated places, I can find a wild animal attack. I don't need to wait for something to happen to be prepared
Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
Sheitskees

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
I'm a Republican and support Gun ownership rights but I never owned a gun and never felt like I needed to. I agree with the other post, you should move to a safer place.
Quote:
I just don't see why these posts were necessary? He's asking for a good spot for his weapon, not if you think he should carry one/if you agree with his housing or neighborhood location.

I would like to help you find a spot, but I don't own a Camaro . When I do I'm sure I'll run into the same dilemma you're in now though.
Sheitskees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
VTXrider

I will say if I lived in NY or CA I probably wouldn't carry either. The nanny state laws there might be more painful to deal with than getting attacked by a BG
Old 04-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #13
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Bottom line is, a person who has never had any formal training in firearms or who has never legally carried one for self defense, should not critcize those who choose to be armed. I have been a professional firearms instructor since 1998, and usually the off the cuff anti-gun remarks stem from those folks that never had proper training or simply belive what Hollywood would have them believe from what they see on TV and in the movies.

There are many responsible firearms owners in the US and stories of those who legally carry firearms daily and have come to the rescue of those non gun believers who were being victimized by some low life scum.

But you never see those stories on CNN or other liberal anti-gun news networks.

During World War 2 the Japanese were going to devise a plan to invade the US (California), but the political leaders in their cabinet suggested that it would be a plan for failure due to the belief that every American including woman and children in the US owned a gun.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Here we go again
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote