Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Cool Through the Mods Eyes: Mindz' C5Fest III pictures

If you want to use these pictures, please give me credit. I've seen three people uploading my pictures to facebook as though they took the pictures...

All pics were taken by me with my T1i 15mp camera and are unedited.

Well here is this years post regarding all the pictures I took from the Fest in Indy. I took between 1600 and 2000 pictures, so I will be updating this thread as I get pictures shrunk down from 15 megapixels and uploaded.

We'll start off with the pictures from the hotel. My wife and I flew into Chicago and were picked up by Tribone and ElManny who drove us down to Indy on Wednesday night. Upon getting to the hotel, I went to check in and noticed a couple pieces of paper of interest...
Quote:
The Wyndham welcomes Joe Bella (Dragoneye) and Camaro5
Along with a map of the parking lot reserved for all of our camaros. Unfortunately, the hotel didn't realize how big our event was and we ended up having many more cars than would fit in the parking lot, along with trailers used to tow them cross country.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

The next morning we left early to get to the track to allow the vendors in with sufficient time to set up their displays before the fest activities started that night. We were at the track bright and Early at 7:30 am, to meet with Jeff Conley, the general manager of the track. He briefed us a bit and then let us loose, checking in throughout the day to answer questions. Jeff was very helpful and runs the track with a very tight grip. That may be why it's considered one of the top tracks in the nation.

Joe (Dragoneye) held a short meeting with all the vendors lined up at the gate, (some had even arrived an hour before the mods did!) and then we allowed the vendors in. Here are some pics of the open area that housed the vendor alley and Camaro parking, as well as the trailers that were brought in. We had a record high 55 vendors signed up this year.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

More pictures of vendor setup. Also, about halfway through the vendor setup, I went to the top of the bleachers and took some elevated shots.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

While the vendors were setting up, Chevrolet came in with multiple carrier trucks to unload. One of the surprises Chevy brought was the Nationwide Series Camaro NASCAR. I believe this is the first time that this car has been seen publicly, following their unveiling of the 45th anniversary edition last year at our event. They also brought out a Corvette sporting the Blue Ray Metallic color that is available on the 2013 Camaros. This steel blue is the same color of the Chevrolet Dusk Camaro.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

After the vendors and GM had started to setup, the mods went and grabbed our John Deere Gators for the weekend. After parking them in formation that made me think of a staging lane, I was able to grab a couple artistic shots of the SSX Camaro, followed by a few shots of the track while devoid of workers.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Now onto the cruise. From the Indiana State Police the cruise was over 5 miles long, and estimates from people who counted were upwards of 270 cars. Someone claimed the cruise included 276 cars, even though there was about 300 cars that stayed behind in the parking lots of all the hotels. Once the cars were on the freeway, the ISP stopped us on the onramp to the second freeway on the loop so that we could load up all the cars to be released without taking up too much space while getting everyone on the freeway and together, so that's why the cars are two wide and everyone in the front were up and out of their cars taking pictures.

Because the windows are so short, I was unable to hang out the window and take some really good pictures, so what you see are me wrapping the camera strap around my arm and sticking my arm out the window and snapping blindly. The pictures didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself. =)
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

After getting back from the cruise, Becky Doyle from Rodgers Chevrolet was kind enough to have pizzas delivered to the host hotel for the opening night dinner. Everyone was falling over each other for the food, and it meant there wasn't a line out the door for all the apparel bought from the Camaro5 store. I walked around and shot a bunch of people's cars in the parking lot while this happened. After a few shots however my battery ran out. It was time to head up and get changed and get myself some food.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

The Pedders sponsored autocros was a huge hit. Raymond's Performance had their booth set up with apparel, interior accessories and other things for sale, while the spectators and participants were able to watch in the shade of a large party tent. This was the best setup I had seen from any autocross I have seen so far. I had the pleasure of running the course before it was finalized in the Gator, and then getting a ride with Danny in his Lingerfelter/Pedders equipped car. Boy is that exhilerating. He wasn't go all out, but it was fast enough to put a huge smile on my face.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

After watching some of the auto cross, I went back to start looking at the finished vendor booths and cars on display, but was sidetracked at the Oracle booth by RJ's (Stieger) car. His car had a fresh layer of a Phantom Black Metallic (PBM) and had the brand new Oracle concept style mirrors with leds in them, but I had never seen RJ's car in person, so I wanted to check out all the carbon fiber and black chrome on it.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I had Davin chaffeur me around in the Gator while I stood in the back taking pictures of the vendor booths grabbing pictures of the cars and interactions with the consumers. I saw the ZL770 from SLP which is their giveaway car, as well as the Panther concept they introduced recently. At some point Davin needed to go do something so I went up to the top of the Tower and took some elevated pictures of the fest in full swing. Oracle had a long line for installations, but that was expected.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Towards the end of Day 1, I went back to the GM/Moderator booth area to pick up my personal award for my favorite car of the show. Some of the cars had started leaving well before the car show ended (@ 6:30pm) so my choices were limited, but that made it easier. I drove around wife my wife, taking pictures of any cars that stuck out, and with her help, ended up handing my award out to an aqua blue car that was slammed on air bags. I'm not normally a fan of air bagged rides, but this car was just super clean. The trunk install, body kit, single center exhaust outlet and wheels just made it stand out a bit more than any other car still there.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drag racing pics are being sorted through and posted tomorrow, and then I will open the thread to comments.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Onto the drag racing pics.

Jannetty brought out a hot little red number that loved to run on two wheels for it's sub-10 sec runs.

Lingenfelter brought out the black pig and a new-to-me white car that was the only competition for ARH's monster.

ARH brought out their world record car which ran a 9.06 that I saw, I'm not sure if it made an 8 second pass in the heat and humidity.

Darth Emma had her car delivered Friday morning after being completed the day before, and tuned for a few hours before being overnighted to make it to the track on time. Mark Carlysle was giving SMAUG the shakedown and was running very low tens on the conservative "only-for-the-fest" tune. That car is going to be mid 9's within a couple days, I guarantee it.

Rob (2SS 4 SSE) was out there with his TT beast trying to dial it in, along with a bunch of other cars running 15-17" weld racing wheels.

What really impressed me were the v6's. Ruby and some others were racing down the track with times that could be some of the v8 times I had seen.

I was up in the tower, next to the wall, and behind the cars as they launched so I was able to take shots here and there, hence all the different angles.

The best smoke show goes to the White Lingernfelter car, the red jannetty second gen and an Orange SS with the plate "BLOWNSS"
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drag Racing Part II
Attached Images