Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
lumbar support broken? here's your fix :)

A good while back (at least a couple years) I climbed into the car and "ting!" my lumbar support broke. Been that way ever since.

A while back, I finally ordered a replacement. Only like 25 bucks, so I figured order and diy the install to save on labor (dealer wanted almost $400 to order/install)

Long story short, this thing is a HUGE pain in the a$$ to install. Not gonna happen by me, and dealer wants almost 350 to install, so I just decide to deal w it. It only had 2 broken hooks (middle right, and very bottom right), but was still in place.

I had a lightbulb today, and fixed it in 30 min with a hanger. Bent up the hanger into a hook, twisted around the existing frame for the lumbar support, and it is 100% again. My sore back is much appreciative of it. Figured it would be worth posting bc I am sure that I'm not the only one who this has happened to and couldn't (or chose not to) install/get installed a new support.

Pics below:

hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Yeah this has been a problem with our seats for years. Those little hooks constantly pop off...and they didn't fix the problem in FIVE YEARS...
It's very common.
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
A good while back (at least a couple years) I climbed into the car and "ting!" my lumbar support broke. Been that way ever since.

A while back, I finally ordered a replacement. Only like 25 bucks, so I figured order and diy the install to save on labor (dealer wanted almost $400 to order/install)

Long story short, this thing is a HUGE pain in the a$$ to install. Not gonna happen by me, and dealer wants almost 350 to install, so I just decide to deal w it. It only had 2 broken hooks (middle right, and very bottom right), but was still in place.

I had a lightbulb today, and fixed it in 30 min with a hanger. Bent up the hanger into a hook, twisted around the existing frame for the lumbar support, and it is 100% again. My sore back is much appreciative of it. Figured it would be worth posting bc I am sure that I'm not the only one who this has happened to and couldn't (or chose not to) install/get installed a new support.

Pics below:

Glad I found this post-I came across this while changing out my old leather this week.I was thinking of using a tie wrap,but this sounds better
Old 06-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
It's not just the little hooks coming off, on mine the yellow supporting (vertical) piece broke at the bottom so there's no more hook.

For the horizontal ones, perhaps put cables ties they hook on so they don't pop off?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
So, I fixed mine by using heavy duty cable ties Works pretty well actually.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote